Drive or bus to Spirit of aloha and HEA?

kate81

We are planning to head from Old Key West to Spirit of Aloha and then over to MK for Fireworks. We normally take the bus in general at WDW, but I'm sobering if driving makes more sense this evening? We could do:

A. Bus to MK, monorail to Poly for dinner, Monorail back, bus to OKW after fireworks.

B. Drive to MK, monorail to Poly for dinner, monorail back, drive to OWK after fireworks.

C. Drive to Poly, Drive to MK, Drive back.

Which makes the most sense in terms of time saved and avoiding crowds?

Thanks!

Lilliputian

If you drive to MK (not bus), you are at the Poly without needing to take any other form of transportation. You'll see a path where you get off the tram. So you'll just need to drive to the TTC, walk over to the Poly, ride the monorail or boat to MK, and then board the ferry or monorail back to the TTC parking lot when you leave MK.

If you don't want to mess with multiple transfers, then driving either to MK to start or just driving to Poly and leaving your car there while at MK (will probably work since you have a reservation there) is the easiest. If driving on vacation doesn't seem that easy to you, then riding the bus to MK isn't that big of a deal, and you can do the boat if you don't want to get on the monorail. You will, of course, need to allow more time for this option. You can cut it a lot closer if you drive.

kate81

Why on earth wouldn't you simply leave your car at the Poly when you go to the MK?? :RpS_confused:
I thought there was a three hour limit. We’ve never parked for a resort meal and then left our car while we went into a park. If this is an option, that would be great.

Alcachofa

Don't rely on what you read on the internet, but unless you're going at a extremely high crowd time, I don't think they really enforce the 3 hour thing in the evening.

nolarookie

It’s rare they will enforce a 3 hour limit. We do it all the time. However, it will still kinda suck getting back to the Poly after HEA. The Monorail and ferry will be slammed. Just be prepared to wait on transportation at the end of the night. There is no plus side to parking at the TTC vs. the poly

kate81

Thabks. That’s helpful to know. Are we better off using busses than driving? We have so rarely done PM entertainment because my kids just didn’t do well staying up. I can’t remember what we’ve done the couple of times we have stayed late.

Alcachofa

Well, if you're OK taking a bus at the end of the night, here is what I would do: check the bus arrival times for MK as you exit Old Key West (they have the estimated bus time screens, don't they?). If one is coming soon, I would take the bus, then ferry over to Poly. Then you have to deal with a probably crowded bus on the way back, but all things considered, that would probably be the best way to do it. But, when first starting out, if I saw the bus was going to be another 20-30 minutes, I would probably say forget it, drive to the Poly, and leave my car there. Just my thoughts! Lots of good ways to do it!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I'll add another hybrid approach:
Uber from OKW to Poly
Ferry or Monorail from Poly to MK
Bus from MK to OKW