DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

Micah008

I have been working on pulling together information about the various DVC Rooms and all the "numbers" for them. It all started with me wanting to learn more about which rooms were better for 5 people, and then it grew from there.

Please let me know if you see any issues or things that need correcting, or if there is information missing that would be useful to have.

It was fun to compare the different rooms within each category, and see which ones have something unique about them. Thanks for any feedback to help improve it.

Walt Disney World:

Other Locations:

Edited 3/14/2020: Modified Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) and Vero Beach (Inn) numbers based on information from Disney booking system, some rooms reclassified.

Last edited:

Micah008

JulieC

I think it's useful, especially for anyone traveling with a group of 5 or more. The number of TVs might be useful. I'm not a DVC owner (though I keep wishing upon a star). I think in the past, my 5 would have been ok in a studio with 3 little girls on the sleeper sofa. They are getting bigger and are needing a little more space, so I am daydreaming around 1bdrms. The surprising potential conflict I see when hanging out at our vacation home is that DH wants to watch his white-noise TV and the girls want to watch something else (and I don't really care), so two rooms/two TVs/some sound separation is becoming a need. The separate bedroom with locking door is always nice, too.

I think the kitchen/kitchenette facilities are similar between studios, and again for larger units, it might be worth mentioning in some notes under the tables.

ellie

waiting for a street car
The Disboards sticky has number of villas at each resort here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823943

Number of villas at each DVC Resort
OKW - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 274 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 230 Lockoffs - 27 Grand Villas = 531 Villas / 761 Max. Available

VB - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 18 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 36 Lockoffs - 6 Grand Villas - 112 Inn Rooms = 172 Villas / 208 Max. Available

HHI - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 76 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 21 Lockoffs - 5 Grand Villas = 102 Villas / 123 Max. Available

BWV - 97 Dedicated Studios - 130 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 0 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 149 Lockoffs - 7 Grand Villas = 383 Villas / 532 Max. Available

VWL - 20 Dedicated Studios - 27 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 44 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 45 Lockoffs - 0 Grand Villas = 136 Villas / 181 Max. Available

BCV - 36 Dedicated Studios - 20 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 78 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 74 Lockoffs - 0 Grand Villas = 208 VIllas / 282 Max. Available

SSR - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 360 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 432 Lockoffs - 60 THV - 36 Grand Villas = 888 Villas / 1320 Max. Available

AKV - 46 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 140 Dedicated 2BR villas - 250 Lockoffs - 22 GVs. 134 villas within Jambo House at AKL (46 Dedicated Studios, 82 Lockoff 2BRs, 6 GVs) and 324 villas in Kidani Village (140 Dedicated 2BRs, 168 Lockoff 2BRs, 16 GVs) for a total of 458 Villas / 708 Max. Available

BLT - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 148 Dedicated 2BR villas - 133 Lockoffs - 14 Grand Villas = 295 Villas / 428 Max. Available

VGC - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 23 Dedicated 2BR villas - 23 Lockoffs - 2 Grand Villas = 48 Villas / 71 Max. Available

AHV - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 193 Dedicated 2BR villas - 246 Lockoffs - 21 Grand Villas = 460 Villas / 706 Max. Available

VGF - 0 dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 47 Dedicated 2BR villas - 47 Lockoffs - 6 Grand Villas = 100 Villas / 147 Max. Available

Micah008

although it doesn't have the information by room category...
I have found some of the info by room category.. just putting everything together. Hope to have it later today, but took a break to go to the park with the boys.

Micah008

I just updated the charts up in Post 1 to show the number of rooms for each booking type and view, based on the feedback from Art Vandelay and ellie. There were only a few I wasn't able to find information for, so it should be pretty complete. In a couple cases the breakdowns weren't easily available, so I just counted the layout maps over as disboards or other sites... so this may be one of the few places with the actual numbers compiled.

If anyone knows the breakdown at Kidani between Standard View and Savanna View that is the big one I am missing. Also, Vero Beach Inn Rooms too, between the Garden View and Ocean View.

Micah008

The number of TVs might be useful. ...

I think the kitchen/kitchenette facilities are similar between studios, and again for larger units, it might be worth mentioning in some notes under the tables.
I looked into the TVs, and didn't see any differences between the different resorts. The Studios had 1, 1BRs had 2, etc... the only unique one was the Grand Floridian Villas since there is a TV in the bathroom mirror... but that doesn't really meet what you are looking for anyway.

As far as the kitchen, it was similar. I think it is best to leave it out since there are not really any significant differences.

Thanks for the ideas though... it was worth looking into.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
I especially appreciate the information on the types of beds and the number of bathrooms/showers, etc. by type. I haven't seen that listed out anywhere else. Having two showers in a one bedroom available at AK Kidani and BLT is something important that I never remember and have to go searching for. I wish it were available at more. I might have been more inclined to buy in. If I want two showers I need a two bedroom at the other resorts.

Micah008

I especially appreciate the information on the types of beds and the number of bathrooms/showers, etc. by type. I haven't seen that listed out anywhere else. Having two showers in a one bedroom available at AK Kidani and BLT is something important that I never remember and have to go searching for. I wish it were available at more. I might have been more inclined to buy in. If I want two showers I need a two bedroom at the other resorts.
Yeah, the 1BRs at those locations are very nice for that reason. We currently have a waitlist at BLT for our next trip with this being one of the main reasons.

Micah008

Great stuff! Im going to sticky.
Cool, that is appreciated. Makes it worth the time. :RpS_smile: I will make sure to keep it up to date in the future as things change (refurbs, Poly, etc).

Since you are the Mod of this area, let me know if you see anything you would like updated or fixed in it.

Strangeite

Micah, this is awesome!

I don't think this information, collected in this way can be found anywhere else.