DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

Boo

Why not add the THV to the GV section and rename it to Grand Villa / 3 Bedroom? I think that's technically where it belongs, and the data for the THV will clearly show that there is a big difference between them and a GV. Just my thoughts. :RpS_smile:

Micah008

Staff member
Why not add the THV to the GV section and rename it to Grand Villa / 3 Bedroom? I think that's technically where it belongs, and the data for the THV will clearly show that there is a big difference between them and a GV. Just my thoughts. :RpS_smile:
Thanks for the input. I know I considered it both ways when putting this together... and I honestly can't remember the reason I ended up this way. :RpS_smile: I believe my thought at the time was that it wasn't truly a Grand Villa so it didn't feel right putting it there. But, it clearly isn't a 2BR either. Maybe the THV and Bungalows just need an "Other". :RpS_biggrin:

ptlohmysoul

Just mentioning it here too - the BCV dedicated 2 bedroom we stayed in this month has 2 showers and 1 soaker tub, no shower/tub combo. Also, as a bonus, it has USB ports in the furniture.

Last edited:

bnoble

he's right
Just mentioning it here too - the BCV dedicated 2 bedroom we stayed in this month has 2 showers and 1 soaker tub, no shower/tub combo. Also, as a bonus, it has USB ports in the furniture.
Do the accessible studios have roll-in showers? If so, that might explain the lack of a shower/tub combo.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Do the accessible studios have roll-in showers? If so, that might explain the lack of a shower/tub combo.
Maybe these are renovated rooms? With the CSR renovations, the tub/showers are going to be replaced with walk-in showers. Disney seems to pick a new design feature and then run with it, i.e., those mini beds in the Mods and other locations.

ptlohmysoul

The showers were not roll-in, but had about a 3-4 inch wall for its "tub" - I don't know the correct terminology - I hope that makes sense.

Maybe these are renovated rooms? With the CSR renovations, the tub/showers are going to be replaced with walk-in showers. Disney seems to pick a new design feature and then run with it, i.e., those mini beds in the Mods and other locations.
Really doesn't make sense. Disney knows young kids that still are bathed by their parents go there, right? Maybe everyone will just let their kids bathe in the swimming pools :/

Micah008

Staff member
Thanks for the info about BCV. I did make a couple updates to the charts already after the renovations... but wasn't aware of anything with the shower/tub in the dedicated. I will try to do a little more research to see if it is all the rooms or just yours, or if someone else knows... (Dave?)

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The showers were not roll-in, but had about a 3-4 inch wall for its "tub" - I don't know the correct terminology - I hope that makes sense.

Really doesn't make sense. Disney knows young kids that still are bathed by their parents go there, right? Maybe everyone will just let their kids bathe in the swimming pools :/
Those sound like the ones they're doing at CSR. Definitely not an ADA shower; more like a dog bath. And those kids use the hot tubs as toilets, so why not the pools as bathtubs? :RpS_laugh:

Thanks for the info about BCV. I did make a couple updates to the charts already after the renovations... but wasn't aware of anything with the shower/tub in the dedicated. I will try to do a little more research to see if it is all the rooms or just yours, or if someone else knows... (Dave?)
Micah I've not stayed in a renovated dedicated 2BR, just a studio and a 1BR, so can't confirm. Studios have the usual tub shower combo.

Micah008

Staff member
I updated Post 1 with some preliminary information about the upcoming Copper Creek Villas. This is based on the best info I can find, but some of it truly is just guesses and assumptions based on available drawings and the declaration. Once the resort is actually bookable, and people have stayed in these rooms I plan to update with the final information.

I also made some other corrections on BCV 2BR, OKW Studio, OKW 2BR, OKW GV, and Aulani 2BR based on posts here and on other forums, and I reorganized some of the room categories that didn't properly fit in the normal categories (like Treehouses, Bungalows, and Cabins).

As always, let me know if you see anything that is incorrect or missing.

Micah008

Staff member
It looks like there will be an "Alternate" Studio layout for some of the rooms at Copper Creek Villas, where the Studio has a separate Living Room area, and is significantly larger. No one knows exactly how many there will be, but the assumption is that there will be 1 per floor based on the floors that have been declared so far. Also note that they are lock-offs so they will end up as part of an Alternate 2BR too.

They don't show up separately in the point charts so they will take the same number of points as a normal studio. I am curious if they will be a separate booking category, or if they will just be by request only, and exactly what else is unique about them (looks like 2 balconies, etc).

Here is the layout compared to the normal studio: (from the Declaration itself)

And the Alternate 2BR L.O. layout:

Here are some articles where I got a lot of my info on the new CCV:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/news-75774/3669-first-look-at-copper-creek-villa-details-point-requirements-and-more
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/news-75774/3671-counting-villas-at-copper-creek

Thanks a million, Micah. These seem to be uses of the old Deluxe rooms where they don't span all the way across (the full span deluxes, with two deluxe rooms at the corners, two regular rooms between and one at the side, turned into those enormous grand villas).

Micah, I saw your source for the Copper Creek room sizes, but think that the studio/1 bed/2 bed should be multiples of standard WL room sizes, which is 340-345 sf depending on your source. I'll be posting them as 340/680/1020.

Micah008

Staff member
Micah, I saw your source for the Copper Creek room sizes, but think that the studio/1 bed/2 bed should be multiples of standard WL room sizes, which is 340-345 sf depending on your source. I'll be posting them as 340/680/1020.
Thanks. I am hoping to find something more official at some point.. but if not, I will follow your lead. :RpS_smile: