DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

Apologies if it's already been discussed, but is there any difference to speak of in handicapped vs non handicapped equipped room? Other than obvious being able to reach sinks and tubs. Specifically, our wheel chair member of the group won't need to roll into the shower, but she will need to sit there, and she won't need to use her chair in the room 90% of the time, but there are times when she does need it to move around and I am wondering if we can get by ok in a normal room. We'll be at Kidani 2 bedroom. If I understand correctly the space is the same, they just open on the kitchen a bit by removing the bar area, but if we can keep the normal room, that seating would be good for other members of our party. Also, if she did need to go the handicapped equipped room route, does anyone know where those rooms are located at Kidani? I think the most important thing for her is to be close as possible to the bus (transportation). Thanks in advance!

Micah008

Staff member
I am not sure the answer, since I haven't stayed in an accessible DVC room. You may want to start a new thread asking your question, since it won't get seen by many buried at the end of this one. Hope someone can help.

Anne

I don't know specifically about Kidani but I do know accessible rooms can have a very different bathroom layout. We got a VGF accessible studio (by chance not request) and instead of the split bathroom with 2 showers it was a single larger room with 1 accessible shower. Which was a bummer because we specifically chose that resort in order to have 2 showers for our group of 3 adults. Thankfully it was a split stay and only for our first night. But because of that experience I'm considering putting in a specific request to avoid an accessible room for a future adults only trip.

CJG17

When booking OKW for this summer, I see two booking categories for a studio (standard view or near hospitality house. I was planning to put in a request for the buildings that Dave recommends (62,63,64). I assume those are all in the "near hospitality house" category when booking, is that true? I was able to get near hospitality house for 3 nights, but the 4th night I had to book the standard view (I wait-listed the near hospitality house room for one night). Can someone confirm if 62,62,64 are all in the near-hospitality house booking category?

Micah008

Staff member
From what I have seen, the buildings officially designated as Hospitality House are 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26.

So Dave is actually recommending buildings in a category that is easier to book because they are not technically in the HH category, but they are still quite close to HH. Plus, they are the buildings with elevators, which is a bonus.

Of course, it is just a request, and you could end up anywhere... so there is a benefit for sure of booking the actual HH category.

CJG17

Thanks Micah! I really would like the buildings with elevators, so am hoping for 62,63,64, and that is actually good that they are not in the hospitality house category, because then I can switch my whole reservation (all 4 nights) to that category since that category is still available for all 4 nights. (I realize those buildings are just a request, not guaranteed. Thanks, that helps alot!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Micah, here's a photo tour of a dedicated Studio at Copper Creek: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2017/07/18/photo-tour-of-a-studio-at-disneys-copper-creek-villas/

One thing I'm not sure about is what to call the fold out. It's 60 inches wide (like a queen) but only 76 inches long (2 inches more than a full, but 4 inches shorter than a queen). I called it queenly or queen-ish, but I guess which dimension matters depends on what you are looking for...
Drama Queen?

Micah008

Staff member
Hey Micah, here's the full Copper Creek review: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2017/08/06/review-copper-creek-villas-and-cabins-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/ I stuck with my guesses at the GV and Cabin SF. I was actually in an alt studio for 30 seconds--I went back to the front desk and got a standard studio as more relevant to the review--but was too distracted to take any photos of it. The alt studio looked great though--much less cramped and awkward than the Deluxe Rooms they were built from.
Thanks Dave!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I'm finding conflicting information online. Can someone confirm: do all DVC AKV Club Level studio rooms have a savanna view? We just booked a week there in July 2018 - kind of a big step up from our usual Value Studio room. ;)

Anne

I'm finding conflicting information online. Can someone confirm: do all DVC AKV Club Level studio rooms have a savanna view? We just booked a week there in July 2018 - kind of a big step up from our usual Value Studio room. ;)
We looked into it a few years ago and decided against it because we could not get a guaranteed savanah view. Some of the rooms have a pool view. We could request savanah view but it wasn't guaranteed. I don't know if there are any more recent changes, as it's been a few years since I considered it.

Micah008

Staff member
They for sure do not all have Savanna Views. We had a view of a pool from ours last August. It depends if you end up on the east or west side of that area.

Rooms 6401, 6402, 6405, 6406 are all pool view.
Rooms 6201, 6202, 6205, 6206, 6208, 6209 are all Savanna View.

To help visualize, go here, click on the middle building, then Floor 6 to see the room layout
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge

Here was our view from 6401:

DopeyRunr

So are all the DVC Club Level Studios on the 6th floor? I thought some were on the 5th floor.

DopeyRunr

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification. We had wanted to be on the 6th floor for ease of access to the lounge so that's great. A bit disappointed that there's no guarantee of a savanna-view room but since this is a first for us we'll have to see how we like it.

Micah008

Staff member
Post 1 has been updated with some more finalized numbers for Copper Creek, and a few other minor updates and cleanup.

Note that the main thing I am unable to get information on for Copper Creek has to do with the Walk-In Shower rooms. I know there are 41 Studios with Showers, but of those I am unable to find how many are in Dedicated Studios and how many are in Lock-Offs. If anyone has seen this information posted somewhere, let me know.