DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

3dadknight

Micah, thanks for keeping this info up to date. I check this thread every time I’m planning a trip. It is a great resource.
Sorry I can’t help with the CCV question. We’ve stayed there once and that was in a 1BR, so can’t even tell you what was in the adjacent studio for that particular room.

Micah008

Staff member
I updated the first post with some initial information for Riviera Resort (some is estimated, in red), and also updated OKW with 'Near Hospitality House' booking category numbers for each room type, based on the best information I could find, and counting the rooms across those buildings.

Micah008

Staff member
One additional update made now that I found the exact breakdown of CCV rooms. (Standard vs Shower, and Alternate Studios).

Micah008

Staff member
I updated the first post with new information on the room counts at Riviera Resort. We still don't know the breakdown between Standard and Preferred View, but we do know the totals now.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Not sure if I said it somewhere upthread, but thank you (again).

If I were traveling alone, I’d covet one of those CCV “alternate” studios.

Micah008

Staff member
You're welcome, everyone.

If I were traveling alone, I’d covet one of those CCV “alternate” studios.
Too bad they didn't make them a separate category, but at least knowing the numbers helps know which category to book (Shower) to have a better chance at getting one... even if only 7 of 41.

If traveling alone I think the new Tower Studios at Riviera would be great too... granted pretty small at 225 sqft.

George

You're welcome, everyone.

Too bad they didn't make them a separate category, but at least knowing the numbers helps know which category to book (Shower) to have a better chance at getting one... even if only 7 of 41.

If traveling alone I think the new Tower Studios at Riviera would be great too... granted pretty small at 225 sqft.
225 feet?! I'd have to step out into the hall to change my mind! :RpS_laugh:

Micah008

Staff member
Update today:

Updated CCV numbers and fixed issue with shower vs tub for Alternate Studios and 2BR Lock-offs, also recently added estimations for Riviera numbers of Standard vs Preferred (based on 25% guess) and a new column for Total Rooms.

Micah008

Staff member
I learned today this was actually incorrect... all Alternate studios are actually the Standard tubs, not the Showers. Hope it didn't create issues for anyone.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, I spent some time in those Tower rooms at Riviera. It's strange walking into a hotel room at whatever the cash price is, only to not find a bed. That may be another thread though.

Micah008

Staff member
Nice, I spent some time in those Tower rooms at Riviera. It's strange walking into a hotel room at whatever the cash price is, only to not find a bed. That may be another thread though.
Yeah, they are a very different room for sure. We are thinking of trying one for a couple nights during F&W next fall (on points not cash), but I am not getting my hopes up about them. Our usual at Riviera will be the Standard View Studios.

Micah008

Staff member
Updated the first post, removed Riviera Preferred View studio and added one Standard View studio. The Riviera numbers should now be final.

Micah008

Staff member
I updated the first post based on new information I have about Bay Lake Tower, from the Disney booking system. The total number of rooms is the same, but the breakdown is different between Standard and the Lake / Theme Park views.

I am unsure if this difference is due to a recent reclassification of rooms, or if the generally accepted information has been wrong for many years, but I am confident these are the proper numbers based on my source.

Specifics of the change:

Lock-Off 2BR:
4 rooms from Standard to Lake view
2 rooms from Standard to Theme Park view

Dedicated 2BR:
3 rooms from Standard to Lake view
1 room from Standard to Theme Park view

George

I updated the first post based on new information I have about Bay Lake Tower, from the Disney booking system. The total number of rooms is the same, but the breakdown is different between Standard and the Lake / Theme Park views.

I am unsure if this difference is due to a recent reclassification of rooms, or if the generally accepted information has been wrong for many years, but I am confident these are the proper numbers based on my source.

Specifics of the change:

Lock-Off 2BR:
4 rooms from Standard to Lake view
2 rooms from Standard to Theme Park view

Dedicated 2BR:
3 rooms from Standard to Lake view
1 room from Standard to Theme Park view
Yikes. Wonder how those new Theme Park rooms differ from their previous Standard classification! :RpS_glare: [/sarcasm]

Micah008

Staff member
Yikes. Wonder how those new Theme Park rooms differ from their previous Standard classification! :RpS_glare: [/sarcasm]
I totally understand the sarcasm. But... this was our 'Standard' View room back in 2016. We had no idea why it wouldn't have been considered a Theme Park view, it was directly straight on to the castle, and the only reason we could even guess was that you didn't see 100% of the castle itself.

Micah008

Staff member
I would call that “parking lot view.”
I actually agree, but 100% of the actual Theme Park views at BLT overlook the same parking lot, the only thing that changes is the height they are at.

At Riviera they actually are making the equivalent view all "Standard" due to the parking lot, but everyone is requesting them because they have the best fireworks views. It all comes down to how you define the view... and if it is based on what is in your immediate viewing area, or off in the distance. And from what I see online it seems most people care about the fireworks views.

Here is one of the actual Theme Park views at BLT from the 14th floor in a Grand Villa. Still mostly parking lot. (not my picture)