DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

mgarbowski

It all comes down to how you define the view... and if it is based on what is in your immediate viewing area, or off in the distance. And from what I see online it seems most people care about the fireworks views.
Exactly this. I go against the flow here. The fireworks last less than an hour and the BLT view has a weird parallax and the fireworks appear to the side of the castle not over it. The other 23 hours of the day it’s not even a good park view. You just see the tops of the castle, SM, and a couple other things. But that’s fine as it makes it easier for me to book my preferred Lake view and for fewer points.

bnoble

he's right
that’s fine as it makes it easier for me to book my preferred Lake view and for fewer points.
Agreed. Our stay here was an upper floor on the "inner arm" of the C facing the lake. It was peacefully sublime, with the exception of the 15 minutes worth of the Electric Water Pageant and that was cute too.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I guess “fireworks view” would be a 100% fair description. And probably worth an upcharge. But if all you can see is the top 25% of space mountain and a tiny bit of the castle far, far away, I don’t think you’re actually viewing the theme park.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Exactly this. I go against the flow here. The fireworks last less than an hour and the BLT view has a weird parallax and the fireworks appear to the side of the castle not over it. The other 23 hours of the day it’s not even a good park view. You just see the tops of the castle, SM, and a couple other things. But that’s fine as it makes it easier for me to book my preferred Lake view and for fewer points.

I’m with Mark on this. I far prefer the Contemporary/Monorail/Marina/Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake view to the Parking Lot/Sp Mou (see what I did there?)/Magic Kingdom Access Road view. Especially now that most of the “fireworks” consist of crowd-corralling castle projections. And If I want to see that, I’ll go to the park for it.

Micah008

Staff member
I updated the first post based on new information I have about Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) and Vero Beach (Inn), from the Disney booking system.

The total number of rooms is the same at Kidani, but the breakdown is different between Standard and the Savanna view, I believe due to a reclassification by DVC. Specifics of the changes at Kidani:
- Lock-Off 2BR: 4 rooms changed from Savanna to Standard view
- Dedicated 2BR: 10 rooms changed from Savanna to Standard view

At Vero Beach the number of Inn rooms and the breakdown has been corrected.

Alcachofa

Won't that be tricky to figure out at Kidani? I mean, you've got the front side and the back side. At Jambo, except for value rooms, all rooms have SOME sort of view. It may not be "dead on" like the Savanna view rooms, but you still see a lot of animals. Oh wait I forgot about the pool view rooms at Jambo, which are standard.

Still, what's the differentiation now between back side rooms at Kidani and front side "standard" view?

Micah008

Staff member
In both cases they are making a judgement call for the rooms that have a "partial savanna" view and calling them Standard View instead, if they get too many complaints about a specific room they are more likely to reclassify it. But there are many rooms where they are clearly Standard View since they either face the parking lot (Kidani) or the pool (Jambo and Kidani).

My guess is that the Kidani ones they reclassified are the ones that face the Pembe Savanna either right beyond the pool, or the ones where that Savanna is very narrow on the north side of the building.

Micah008

Staff member
There are for sure some mistakes in that document too. I had seen it (or one similar) in the past. Getting the Sq Ft right is tough with multiple sources of the information. ...to be honest the one I trust the most is Dave at yourfirstvisit since he actually brings along a tape measure and calculates it himself.

i<3riviera

yes, that’s a good point, several different sources make it tough; it would be interesting to see what DVC thinks it is because I believe they use sq. ft. for some allocations

have you heard of anyone measuring it from the drawings in the declarations? they have almost every room size (including the CCV alternative studios) and the drawings always has a scale bar

just wondering if it’s been done and how well it matches up to other sources; if no one has done it, maybe it’s a good rainy day activity for me ...

oh and thanks for creating this by the way! I use this data all the time, especially the room view / category split

Micah008

Staff member
have you heard of anyone measuring it from the drawings in the declarations? they have almost every room size (including the CCV alternative studios) and the drawings always has a scale bar
When the Riviera declarations and floorplans were first released I played around with it a bit myself, just for the fun of it. But, I didn't take it too far, and it was still tough to truly get it exact with the odd shapes/sizes of some of the rooms.

Strangeite

Didn't realize there are contradictory square footage numbers for villas. If I had known I would have been calculating each villa when we visited. When I drive, the equipment is already in the car.

i<3riviera

one more minor tweak for your consideration ... there are 22 BLT BoardWalk view two bedroom lock-offs but one of them is the permanent DVC preview center; I don't believe it's bookable so your numbers still reflect where people can stay (the point of your chart anyway!)

however, the 22nd room and it's points are part of the overall BWV points; I tripped-up over it when I was digging into some point chart madness; maybe add it as a footnote when you do your next update?

Micah008

Staff member
one more minor tweak for your consideration ... there are 22 BWV BoardWalk view two bedroom lock-offs but one of them is the permanent DVC preview center; I don't believe it's bookable so your numbers still reflect where people can stay (the point of your chart anyway!)

however, the 22nd room and it's points are part of the overall BWV points; I tripped-up over it when I was digging into some point chart madness; maybe add it as a footnote when you do your next update?
It's been a while since I looked at the older resorts, but if I recall correctly you are right, I was trying to reflect what people can actually book/stay.

At many resorts that are for sale, and not fully declared, they temporarily set aside some rooms for preview rooms. Riviera has a few currently. But this one at BWV is different, since it really is more of a permanent preview center. I am surprised it is even part of the points...

I do need to make sure I am consistent on this topic going forward too, but it does throw a little wrench in the numbers depending on how they count it.

CJG17

I just wanted to come back on here and give another thank you for this chart, I come back here and look at it every time I am planning a new trip!

kimberee

Thanks for the work on the chart. I noticed that you don’t have any King bed rooms for hotel dvc rooms at Aulani. I can verify at least one accessible room with a king bed. We were recently assigned and were presently surprised by it. It is dedicated for dvc inventory. (Has the same added microwave/coffee cart the other hotel category dvc rooms have). Instead of two queens it has one King and a sofa. The bathroom has a regular size tub vs the soaking tubs in the other hotel category dvc rooms.

Micah008

Staff member
Thanks for the work on the chart. I noticed that you don’t have any King bed rooms for hotel dvc rooms at Aulani. I can verify at least one accessible room with a king bed. We were recently assigned and were presently surprised by it. It is dedicated for dvc inventory. (Has the same added microwave/coffee cart the other hotel category dvc rooms have). Instead of two queens it has one King and a sofa. The bathroom has a regular size tub vs the soaking tubs in the other hotel category dvc rooms.
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the room number?

kimberee

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the room number?
533. I think it has a sleeper sofa too but not certain as we did not pull it out.

Attachments

• 145000A9-8DD5-487E-92F7-3BF445232AA2.jpeg
    145000A9-8DD5-487E-92F7-3BF445232AA2.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 5
  • E61EE9DB-D793-458D-9457-E4FC5BE01D6B.jpeg
    E61EE9DB-D793-458D-9457-E4FC5BE01D6B.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 981806DC-16C3-4461-AC8C-DF1E13D304BE.jpeg
    981806DC-16C3-4461-AC8C-DF1E13D304BE.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3E5E7685-CE49-4AA0-896B-49F5D69C4100.jpeg
    3E5E7685-CE49-4AA0-896B-49F5D69C4100.jpeg