EEH Schedule

BSS

So far, all posted weeks have Extended Evening Hours on Mondays for Epcot and Wednesdays for MK, except for our week. Our week, EEH is still on Monday for Epcot (1/31), but Friday (2/4) for MK. The weeks after ours go back to the M/W schedule. Anyone have any idea what might be going on in MK on 2/2 that warranted the switch? It's not a big deal for our plans, but I'm just wondering if there is something going on that week of which I am unaware. I know the weekend (2/4-2/6) is dance nationals at WWoS, but I can't find anything going on mid-week at all.

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
I don't know and I haven't heard about anything except that dance thing you mentioned. They tend to take over the Values, so EEH wouldn't apply to them anyway.

MK closes at 4:30 on 2/8, not sure why. Maybe a private event/park rental?

Reactions: BSS

BSS

I also believe 2/8 is a cast event and there is one two weeks earlier, as well. Neither of those impacts our dates, though.

mack

I’m going the week after Easter and really looking forward to see what they do. Seems often during that time they extend hours at MK and if they do.. that would be a bummer as no way I’m doing EEH from midnight to 2am.

I hope they add some at HS sometime as well.

mack

Lol. I should amend.. I’d do it. It’s the teenager that wouldn’t go for it. Funny thing is the 12 year old would be all over it.

Anne

I mean I get this, but...my favorite day in MK ever was the Leap Day 24-hour event. I was completely wiped out the next day, but it was fun.
I really wanted to do one of those days but the year I planned to do it with a friend was the year they stopped. Would love for it to come back at some point, but it doesn't seem like something WDW would want to pay for anymore.

kgillen

I mean I get this, but...my favorite day in MK ever was the Leap Day 24-hour event. I was completely wiped out the next day, but it was fun.
A 24 hr event was one of those things I really wanted to do but kept putting off until the kids were just a little older. As soon as they were old enough, Disney stopped them. I agree with Anne, would love for it to come back but doesn't seem like something that will be on Disney's radar.

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
I really wanted to do one of those days but the year I planned to do it with a friend was the year they stopped. Would love for it to come back at some point, but it doesn't seem like something WDW would want to pay for anymore.
A 24 hr event was one of those things I really wanted to do but kept putting off until the kids were just a little older. As soon as they were old enough, Disney stopped them. I agree with Anne, would love for it to come back but doesn't seem like something that will be on Disney's radar.
If they did, it’d likely cost $2,400/ticket.

BSS

I LOVED the old days when EMH was 12-3 (back when it was still 3 hours) or 12-2! The herd thinned very quickly in the wee hours. I have wonderful photos of my kids as tweens on the Speedway at 2:30am and meeting Mickey on our way out at 3. Everyone's eyes are glazed but oh boy were they happy! When it ends at 11, there are just still too many people around. I'm interested to see what it's like with "just" deluxe resorts.