Emails the forum sends out

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I can set the number and type of emails that go out. I don't know if what XenForo is sending out is particularly annoying, but if it is, I can turn it off or turn it to sending much less often. Some number of the emails get bounced back as spam. If you click on an email that the forum sends as mark it as spam, the following emails the forum sends will likely go into spam. So if you don't want that to happen, it's better to just delete the email rather than spamming it out. If you check your spam folder, there are probably a couple emails in there. It actually hurts the server sending the emails when they get flagged as spam as they're then more likely to go to spam to other users.

Like I'm seeing server errors for several members get marked as spam right now.

You can set your preferences, among other things, on how often you receive emails here: https://easywdwforums.com/account/preferences

But it's not like clicking spam on an email somehow gets back to me and I can take care of it that way. The "report" button at the bottom of each post is the best and really only way to call attention to things that may need to be removed. If you don't want to receive a certain type of email, it should be uncheckable in preferences.

Mrs Darling

I can’t recall ever getting an email from the forum & a search turns up nothing, regular or spam, even though my settings seem to show that I should be getting some (news & updates + summary). 🤔
Am I on your naughty list?

cboyer

I don’t think I have either, in something like 7 or 8 years I’ve been a member here. Unless it is going to my spam filter and I don’t see them.

magic1106

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how
The only email I get is a happy birthday-not complaining. It makes my day every time I get it!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I've moved some things around on the backend so I'll see if that make an improvement.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
So all of the emails are going to George.

Figures.
To be fair, I didn’t receive that message as an e-mail. I saw the “message” notification at the top of the webpage. It was one of those, “I think you’re sexy, click here to see nude pictures of me.” Was it not Spam? :RpS_laugh:

My e-mail notifications about new Messages always get filtered to my e-mail Junk folder.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You can click "not spam" and they won't or shouldn't go to the spam folder.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
You can click "not spam" and they won't or shouldn't go to the spam folder.
I can’t get my Apple Mail to ”un-junk” legitimate e-mail it thinks is junk. I’ve never had a problem with spam messages getting through here on the site.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
My guest is your unique @host is filtering them out. If you move to a generic @gmail account or something the emails should come in fine. Assuming anything I've done over the last two hours works.