Emails the forum sends out

hizouse

fwiw, I don't think I've ever received an email from the forum, either. Just a plain old yahoo email address, and I check the Junk folder frequently enough that I would probably see something there. I have the first two boxes for emails checked in my profile, for news and updates and for activity summary when I haven't visited in a while (but I rarely go more than week or so without checking, so maybe I haven't been away long enough for that one).

I was not aware the forum sent out emails as I haven't received one, although this prompted me to check my settings and I see that I was set up to receive some emails but not all.

BSS

I also have the email updates boxes checked and have never received an email despite having a regular gmail account.

Micah008

Staff member
I have always received emails for Private Messages, and when I subscribe to a specific thread ("Watch") with checking the box to get email updates for that thread. Beyond that I don't get emails either.

A Tripper

From time to time I get an email from josh@easywdw.com with subject "easyWDW Member Forums - See what you have missed" The emails list a bunch of threads, "A summary of what you missed recently"

It always goes into Quarantine. I receive a daily digest of quarantined email showing the subjects and senders. The reason given is "Prevented spam messages" This is my edu email, which on outlook.office.com

The last one I got was Sept 9.

I have the first two email option boxes checked but not the third.

Strangeite

Just got my second ever email from the forum (I had looked earlier). It was asking me to set up two factor authentication or I couldn't proceed. I hope that was intended.

BoSoxGal

Just got my second ever email from the forum (I had looked earlier). It was asking me to set up two factor authentication or I couldn't proceed. I hope that was intended.
I got a two-factor message when I logged in a bit ago. Not in email though.

ETA: just checked and the “Receive news and update emails” option wasn’t selected. Oops! It is now 😂

Strangeite

I got a two-factor message when I logged in a bit ago. Not in email though.

ETA: just checked and the “Receive news and update emails” option wasn’t selected. Oops! It is now 😂
I lied. It was two emails I received previously. Both were when someone requested to be my "buddy". One of which was my wife.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It shouldn't require two-step verification anymore...one thing I changed is so that the default usergroup when you register can't send private messages until you have three posts, which will ideally eliminate that "hey gurl" spam people have been getting.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
So it's possible after you make three posts the software will work as intended. But it's also possible that it won't. What a world.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it will work today. Otherwise I will spend eight more hours trying to figure it out later.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
two step verification is for chumps who want to get hacked
it's all three step verification nowadays

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to make everybody buy a $750 security key that has to be put into a USB drive at 3:34am to type up their trip reports but also keep their Bitcoin safe. It's a win-win.

todelete6

The other set of permissions is still there. I may need to create a new usergroup and move everyone who has made a post in the last five years over to it or something.