Emails the forum sends out

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It's sending emails to both accounts when there is a reply. No wonder everybody moved to Facebook.

A Tripper

Good thing you turned the two-factor back off. The emailed verification code, valid for 15 minutes, went into quarantine. And it takes longer than 15 minutes for items finally to show up in my quarantine. On the other hand, maybe you *should* turn it back on, if I'm only going to post nonsense like this that no one cares about. :unsure:

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
two step verification is for chumps who want to get hacked
it's all three step verification nowadays
Two is for people who still play FarmVille.

I got caught in a Pandora’s Box here of having to two-factor authenticate, and of course the “code” wasn’t showing up in my Junk folder (or any other folder, for that matter). What did show up was an e-mail about a PM I’d received from here, which I couldn’t read because I couldn’t authenticate. I couldn’t log on to the Board either.

A Tripper

1632235935735.png
1632235993153.png
No emails received other than the activity summary on Sept 9.
I just changed my forum email address to one that isn't so touchy about spam. Then I did just receive the "account confirmation required" email, and it didn't go into spam.

hizouse

I "watched" this thread--first time I've done that--and received an email about an additional post in it.

Micah008

Staff member
I am still receiving emails for private messages, and watched threads. (Including for the previous post from Denise, now that I Watched this thread)

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Still to this this day, nothing will ever pale in comparison to when vbulletin put out an update and like when you moved the cursor to a different place in the post or something it would just disappear. In an official release. That took them weeks to fix.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
I have not had anything in the last couple of days. I do get the occasional activity summary report but that is consistent with my preferences. It's all I have selected.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds consistent with what you would expect. The forum sends out emails every couple of weeks with "what you may have missed" or something, but it's usually just full of tumbleweeds and dust.

RetroCOTfan

I am (and have always been) receiving e-mail notifications of new posts to threads I'm watching. Although, since @josh started tinkering with settings, the way the notification e-mail appears has changed. The username for the e-mail used to be "easyWDW Member Forums" but now it is just the e-mail address "josh at easywdw dot com." And the body of the e-mail used to include the content of the new message that was posted to the forum along with a button to jump to that post, and now it only shows the name of the forum and the clickable button.

So no change in function for me, just aesthetics. And I know how much we all love aesthetics.