Epcot's F&W - Tasting Sampler $59

Tasting Sampler - voucher for 8 food & beverage items at the Global Marketplace locations, limited-edition 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival trading pin and lanyard. $59 per guest, plus tax.

This seems like a good option because my husband & I will be trying at least 8 tastings and drinks anyway, so it's kind of like getting a free pin if you use it on $7+ offerings. I think the 21st Annual F&W Pin is a keeper... F&W is finally old enough to drink legally.

Wondering if it will include alcohol and the sampler flights. Anybody try this out?

cboyer

We used it a couple of weeks ago. We only got the 8 tasting one, as the 16 seemed like too many for just the two of us. It worked great, whatever you use the coupon on has to be its own transaction, so when we ordered we would order the drink, pay with the coupon, then order the food items we wanted and pay with our gift card.

Yes, it does include alcohol, but not the flights or the really expensive champagnes. If you are planning on getting a lot of the mixed drinks it might be worth it, but if you are just planning beer and wine it is doubtful you will find enough items to make it work in your favor. I am a big mixed drink fan, so it worked well for us. And there really aren't any food items that make it worth the cost. I would go through the menus and find which drinks you are planning on trying and their costs, and figure out if it is worth it for you.

D

Deleted member 832

Yeah, there really are very few items over $7 that it works on.
Which is precisely why Disney has it priced at the price point they have it at. They know dang well 99% of the guests using it will loose money, or at best break even. Most of the time, Disney is making money on the thing.
I think for Pin fans they are a much better deal than folks just looking to sample and not interested in the Pin.

Thank you Cindy. That was exactly the information I needed :RpS_cool:

Planning to do booths in lieu of dinner on an Epcot EMH night and try some mixed drinks too. We won't have a problem using all 8. It's a nice souvenir, though not really a bargain.

Yeah, there really are very few items over $7 that it works on.
Which is precisely why Disney has it priced at the price point they have it at. They know dang well 99% of the guests using it will loose money, or at best break even. Most of the time, Disney is making money on the thing.
I think for Pin fans they are a much better deal than folks just looking to sample and not interested in the Pin.
Yep. The best I can hope for is to consider the pin worth $8 and hope to almost break even. We were going to get the filet mignon and a few other higher priced items so I'll make sure to try and get my money's worth, lol.

We'll be doing lunch one day at F&W, and dinner with EMH on our last night. Already planned on getting:

$7 Aust. Lamb chop
10 Brazil Frozen Caipirinha
8 Canada Filet Mignon
6 France Escargot
6 France Beef Rib
11 France Martini
8 Hops & Barley lobster Roll
9 Caribbean's Frozen Mojito

There's a bunch of $4-5 dollar items we'll try too, but I'll get the pricey stuff with my "credentials" :RpS_rolleyes:

Thank you both for your help. With a plan of attack, maybe I can consider the pin & lanyard as a bonus.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I cover this back during Food and Wine coverage in mid-September:

Basically, you want to use it on cocktails, almost all of which are going to be $8.50 - $11.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/the-best-and-worst-of-the-2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-part-1/

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]
[/FONT]

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]One other thing I will mention on the value front is Disney is offering these Tasting Samplers at a price of $59 for eight or $109 for sixteen, either of which comes with a pretty hefty pin. That gift card is available with the lanyard too. You don’t have to use the gift card on Food/Wine – it’s just a regular gift card – so it might be a worthwhile investment.[/FONT]
[FONT=source_sans_proregular]
[/FONT]

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]There is some value to the Sampler as it’s good on the vast majority of cocktails as well, several of which come in north of $9. They do add tax to the sampler so it’s a little more expensive, unlike the Food/Wine items that include tax. Anyway, the 16-tasting card comes out to $7.26 per item. It’s obviously then dumb to use it on anything that costs less than that.[/FONT]

krisri18

It worked great for us a couple of weeks ago, but we only used it for the pricier mixed drinks. The frozen drink in Brazil was great but our favorite was the Frozen Brown Elephant at the Refreshment Outpost. We ended up getting 2 of them!