Fall Free Dining???

sfnsfn

There was a rumor about a month ago was that fall free dining would be announced end of March. That, obviously, turned out to be wrong.

Hopefully any day now.

Kirsten

I think it usually starts on a Monday, but because this coming Monday is Easter Monday it may be the week after. Just a guess. I'm following the Dis thread (it's actually quite pleasant, surprisingly). A couple of people over there get inside info about the FD details a few days early every year. Hopefully they will share the info again this year.

BeckyW

If we are going on this historical data, we can expect it to be announced 4/24. However, the summer promos came out later this year than last, so it's really anybody's guess at this time.

ChristineOH

Judging be the summer and spring discounts, I wouldn't expect it to be a widely offered discount. I could barely book a full priced moderate room for end of May or June. Granted, I am booking for five, which is more limited, but I've never had trouble before.

BeckyW

Judging be the summer and spring discounts, I wouldn't expect it to be a widely offered discount. I could barely book a full priced moderate room for end of May or June. Granted, I am booking for five, which is more limited, but I've never had trouble before.
This is a good point. Especially because 2 of the 4 mods are completely under construction with a lot less availability! I would honestly not expect mods to be included in any promo.

ada

I have never attempted to book a promotional rate before. When the promotion does become available, what is the best way to get through---by phone or online?

What time do the phone lines open? What about the online reservation system?

Thanks!

BeckyW

I have never attempted to book a promotional rate before. When the promotion does become available, what is the best way to get through---by phone or online?

What time do the phone lines open? What about the online reservation system?

Thanks!
On the day the promo is released, if you can get it online, do that. The system will likely crash mid-morning. And the phone lines will have long hold times. As in 2-3 hour hold times. "Free Dining Day" is the craziest promo day of the year.
Last year the promo was "dropped" online at about 5am. The phone lines will open at 7am.

sfnsfn

Booking online now

If I book a room online now with the hope of changing the reservation to the free dining promotion later, will I need to choose park hopper tickets and dining plan now? Will I have to choose an "upgraded" room now or can I just go with standard (least expensive)?

BeckyW

You can book whatever you want now, but you should definitely book a package (not room only). If you go to update your booking to include the promo, what you have booked may not fall into the available options, and you'd have to choose a different room, or different resort. And then you'll be prompted to update your tickets to include whatever minimum the promo includes.

Kirsten

Rumour has it (doing my best Adele impression):
Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts
Just a rumour

Michael

Rumour has it (doing my best Adele impression):
Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts
Just a rumour
Any idea on excluded resorts? We are hoping for POR.

Kirsten

Someone posted the Fd offer for Brazil. I can't read Portuguese, but POR isn't listed as one of the excluded resorts. Hopefully the April 24 offer will include POR for you.
Essa promoção não é válida para os hotéis All Star Movies, camping do Fort Wilderness, villas de 3 quartos, quarto da Pequena Sereia no Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Port Orleans French Quarter, Bay Lake Tower e Villas do Grand Floridian.