Fall Free Dining???

rebelbuddhist

We have to stay at the Value Resorts said:
My wife and I go every December and really enjoy the parks at that time of year. We choose to stay at the Value resorts because we are in the parks for much of the day and only need the room for a place to shower and a bed to crash! We take rest breaks in the parks and at resorts that are nearby each park or even an extra long monorail ride! But we are just two adults without the concerns of children and infants at WDW. Free dining is a nice perk and we have always been able to get it during our late December trip.... usually arriving on the last day of free dining but having it for the entire trip.

Kirsten

I found this new rumour on page 625 lol. It's from the guy who has a good reputation for leaking the information every year.
free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper or park hopper plus add on. Check-in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/8-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts. French Quarter, All Star Movies, and Mermaid rooms at AOA appear to be excluded. Riverside appears to only be included through September.

I just realized that I can get the summer offer with the Canadian ticket offer After all this I don't know if I should bother with Free Dining. I think it's a toss up. I added up what we will pay for meals including tax and tip and it's very close.

smooreo

I found this new rumour on page 625 lol. It's from the guy who has a good reputation for leaking the information every year.
free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper or park hopper plus add on. Check-in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/8-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts. French Quarter, All Star Movies, and Mermaid rooms at AOA appear to be excluded. Riverside appears to only be included through September.

I just realized that I can get the summer offer with the Canadian ticket offer After all this I don't know if I should bother with Free Dining. I think it's a toss up. I added up what we will pay for meals including tax and tip and it's very close.

I've been hearing that a lot recently. We're staying at BLT and I don't think they ever have room discounts, so we come out $800 ahead if we can get free dining for our trip in December. The only problem we may have is that we check out on December 8th. I really hope it's the 3rd as some people have mentioned.

Michael

The wife and I are planning Sept and hoping for FD, also our daughter may or may not go. So I am unsure if we should include her in the initial reservation. Would there be potential difficulty adding her to a FD reservation once there is no more availability for FD? Or would there be any problem dropping her from the reservation if she decides not to go?

Jgrip

What time do these promotions go live? Is it different hours online or the same as the regular call-in customer service hours? So basically trying to figure out if I should I stay up late and try to change my res online or gamble with being on hold for hours in the morning?

Michael

What time do these promotions go live? Is it different hours online or the same as the regular call-in customer service hours? So basically trying to figure out if I should I stay up late and try to change my res online or gamble with being on hold for hours in the morning?
I stayed up all night waiting for it last year and it opened up about 4am central time.

Jgrip

Oh man! I have to work tomorrow so that's not going to happen. I wish there was a text service to let me know when it goes live! 🤔

Kirsten

The wife and I are planning Sept and hoping for FD, also our daughter may or may not go. So I am unsure if we should include her in the initial reservation. Would there be potential difficulty adding her to a FD reservation once there is no more availability for FD? Or would there be any problem dropping her from the reservation if she decides not to go?
I would think adding her initially and then removing her would be the safer bet, but then again the offer is by room not by the number of people so it may not matter. I hope someone can answer this for you.

Kirsten

The offer is open now. I couldn't get my dates for the Poly! I'm okay with that because I got the other offer, but I'll keep looking. Someone may cancel. Fingers crossed for others hoping for free dining : )

sleepingbean

I can't get through on phone. I can switch from AKL to SSR online, not sure if I should? I have a busy day so can't keep trying all day

MrFredricksen

The free dining is crazy now. Moderate only gets the basic dining plan. I tried to book one at 7:10am, and to get a moderate on the dates in August we needed the most expensive rooms in the hotels. No other room types were available. I guess they would rather I go to universal instead and skip Disney this trip.

Kirsten

Just an FYI, my iPhone showed different availability than my computer did. My phone showed nothing for my week, but using Safari and Chrome on my computer there was availability. What's up with that computer people? I think there will be a lot of reservations being modified over the next hours and days. I've got my fingers crossed for everyone.

Mom2tenk

Anyone seen anything official on Disney Visa holders getting free dining starting Aug 13th? I've seen the rumors but nothing official. And of course I can't get thru right now to ask!:roll:

MrFredricksen

Anyone seen anything official on Disney Visa holders getting free dining starting Aug 13th? I've seen the rumors but nothing official. And of course I can't get thru right now to ask!:roll:
Mouse savers said that was the promotion for the Disney Visa people. I can't confirm it because I can't seem to find availability for anything on any dates. It is crazy. As a card holder I would have preferred to book a day or 2 sooner to avoid the masses as opposed to the discount just working for that one week sooner.

I managed to drag myself out of bed early this morning and book free dining online with no problems. Of course we are going in early September and staying at All Stars Music, so That probably isn't in high demand, but I did get two rooms booked with the free CS plan.

tlh119

We were able to book free dining at All-Star Music. We wanted Pop Century but there were no rooms available for our dates. We still could get Pop if we check in 2 days later but the ASMu reservation would still be cheaper based on our plans. We stayed at ASMu in 2013 and it was fine. At least this time we will have a preferred room (it was all that was available).