Fast pass+ September POR

MrFredricksen

I wonder if it is just for Sept.
You can't book the second reservation because it overlaps into Oct.
Maybe I can't book at all because mine starts in Aug.

It is was Sept only, it would be nice if I could book for the Sept portion.
Waiting to see who else get it, and then I just might have to call. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Here's what Andre, the trusted resident POR/FQ expert (he runs the POR/FQ site) said on DIS:

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 2nd/3rd September onward:

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving in 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

MrFredricksen

So because we are checking in a few days before that, I guess we can't them. Nice.
Like I said, we should still be eligible for FP+ for those days, and should still be able to go to the front desk and get bands starting Sept 2/3.

Hunbunch

So I just got our magic bands in the mail!! It has got to be real, but still have not received an e-mail inviting us to be part of the test. I got the e-mail that said our Magic bands were being shipped, but got the boxes before I saw the e-mail. I don't know why they would spend the money on magic bands for us, if it wasn't real, ya know??

By the way, we are staying at POP Sept 3-10th!

Vhaz

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.
This part makes me nervous! I'm ok with testing it as long as we can opt out if there are a lot of issues. Someone on here (I cant find the thread now) posted how awful their experience was with fp+ and I don't want to deal with that. This is our family's first trip to Disney and I do not want to spend hours at the help desk. Now I'm worried...:RpS_crying:

MrFredricksen

I just called and the CM I spoke to said
1 - it is still testing and not everyone was selected (it was random)
2 - you can not opt out

mrstrotman

Here's what Andre, the trusted resident POR/FQ expert (he runs the POR/FQ site) said on DIS:

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.
So if you don't want to use FP+ or the bands, couldn't you just not use them and use your card for admission and the original paper fastpasses? That's what it sounds like to me unless I'm missing something.

George

So if you don't want to use FP+ or the bands, couldn't you just not use them and use your card for admission and the original paper fastpasses? That's what it sounds like to me unless I'm missing something.
During the testing period when both systems are in place, yes. Just don't link your tickets to your MDE profile and then use your tickets with the old FP machines like day guests.

I suppose you can still use the bands for charging and as your room key, without having to use them for FP+, but I may be wrong.

Robin

I just got back and they still have lots of things to work out. Some people that had the bands were able to use the fast passes they set up and if they had a room key, were able to pull fast passes also. I'm not sure why they still had a room key if they were using FP+. I was not part of the test, but I had a separate room key and ticket. I didn't figure it out till the last day, but I was able to pull fast passes with both. It was glorious!

George

I'm not sure why they still had a room key if they were using FP+.
Because some people might not want to wear a band. I'll be taking mine off when we dine at V & A's, KWIM?

MrFredricksen

The CM I spoke with was very rude. She said it is just a test and that not everyone was selected. Then she continued to tell me not to believe anything I read on message boards. That people here lie. People boast about things they got. Some people say things even though they didn't get them. And even that people say that got something for trip when they really aren't even going!
She said you cant beleive anything unless Disney tells you something directly.
So basically you are all lying. You are not staying at POR and you did not get fast pass plus and you did not get magic bands. However I am lying as well so I guess I did get the bands.

Craftysplat

The CM I spoke with was very rude. She said it is just a test and that not everyone was selected. Then she continued to tell me not to believe anything I read on message boards. That people here lie. People boast about things they got. Some people say things even though they didn't get them. And even that people say that got something for trip when they really aren't even going!
So basically you are all lying. You are not staying at POR and you did not get fast pass plus and you did not get magic bands. However I am lying as well so I guess I did get the bands.
You could say that we are all figments of your imagination.

Or, by her logic, YOU are lying to me right now.

George

You could say that we are all figments of your imagination.

Or, by her logic, YOU are lying to me right now.

All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

cboyer

We actually debated staying at POR or CSR this year, and now I am glad we are doing CSR. With all the glitches I have heard of FP+ I was hoping not to deal with it this sept and just tour the way I know will work. Then hopefully next sept things will be working more smoothly.

brandelyncon

Logged in to MDE today and can't access Fastpass+ at all. No sign of the reservations I made yesterday. So we will see. Every day is a new day on that site. Andre over at portorleans.org is posting that Magic Band is going live to all POR guests starting September 2nd so I have no idea what is going on at this point.

kerryrae

We are staying at AoA Sept 27 - Oct 5. I have not been able to do anything with Magic Bands yet. But today I was able to book Fastpass+ for Sept. 27 & 28. But when I tried to do Sept. 29 I wasn't able to. So I will check again tomorrow and see if anything else opens up.

jc9812

I found out by accident today. I was at lunch and hit the Fastpass+ portion on MDE app. It let me set fastpass+ for my trip, sept 22-29, staying at POR. Nothing about magic bands though. For those of you that are having no luck, have you done online check-in? I did that 2 days ago and now I can make my selections. Maybe it was just a fluke that the timing worked out like that. I would welcome the opportunity to do Magic Bands and FP+ as long as I can still get regular fastpasses. I'm not sure how I will do that though if I get the band and no KTTK Card.