Fastpass+ Testing Rumors summer 2021

Hey,
Did anyone see a recent internet article/rumor about possible testing of FP+ on MDE? Hoping for a small miracle for August. If anyone sees or hears anything, please let me know! (And Josh if you read this, thanks so much for the latest post! So helpful as we head into the great unknown of a summer 2021 trip).

Disneyfan

I am far from an expert and do not claim to be. . .but. . .
I have been to places on the internet I've never been before looking for glimpses into the future. I may know the article you mentioned. However, that information does not seem to be accurate. If the "insiders" are correct, FP+ as we know it is not coming back at all. Maybe a paid version??? I have given up hope on this one. But we'll see.

I have to say that people can be mean mean mean. I have wanted to take a shower after reading some of the posts elsewhere. But like an idiot, I keep going back for more to try to figure out what may happen. I should probably just get a Magic 8 Ball.

bnoble

he's right
I've seen a lot of speculation. I haven't seen anyone that I think of as credible say anything one way or the other, but I also haven't been looking carefully.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that (a) FP+ will come back in some form reasonably close to what it was before and (b) probably not until Disney is able to fully staff, run shows at or near full capacity, etc. FP+ tends to lengthen standby lines, and there's no where else for people to go right now. Might there also be some paid access? Maybe, but I expect it will be both limited and expensive. All of this is completely uninformed, though.

hizouse

I have seen screenshots of MDE of messages about when it will be time to select fastpasses, but people who seem smarter than I am think it's just a glitch in the app and aren't making much of it. I also wouldn't read anything into AP holders not getting magic bands after August 16, at least as far as the dates--but that does nudge me a bit into thinking WDW will get a paid MaxPass-type system, even though the old WDW fastpass system could be fully implemented on phones.

Anyone want to burst my bubble about the new "standby wait" appearing in MDE? :) I am still hoping for an August miracle but I like to come here for my dose of reality.

This is a riot. I had no idea there was an online magic 8 ball.
I don't want to be responsible for the ramifications of posting this, but I will share....when asked if Disney world will offer fast passes in August, the answer was straight up

Yes.
Happy planning to all.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
My son just got a magic 8 ball (I had no idea they still made them) for his birthday and the first thing I thought of was this forum. It was incredibly popular with the kids for about 2 days.

You could take it to work and hand it to parents who use Web MD to tell you what's wrong with their kid as you're doing your examination.

Anne

You could take it to work and hand it to parents who use Web MD to tell you what's wrong with their kid as you're doing your examination.
Funny! Although honestly the Web MD and Dr. Google stuff isn't a big deal. Just another way of starting the conversation and eliciting parents' thoughts. I have found time and again that parents' instincts are usually very good. If a parent feels something is wrong, I pay attention, because more often than not, they are right. And if I know what a parent fears and it's not a likely diagnosis, we can address that openly and have a conversation that hopefully puts those fears to rest.

moscow

Funny! Although honestly the Web MD and Dr. Google stuff isn't a big deal. Just another way of starting the conversation and eliciting parents' thoughts. I have found time and again that parents' instincts are usually very good. If a parent feels something is wrong, I pay attention, because more often than not, they are right. And if I know what a parent fears and it's not a likely diagnosis, we can address that openly and have a conversation that hopefully puts those fears to rest.
It may sound strange - but occasionally Dr. Google gets it right. When my daughter collapsed 4 years ago and was suffering from a really strange group of symptoms - swollen lymph nodes, a spiking fever, and extreme pain in her legs and joints - and we (us and her pediatrician) could not figure out what was wrong with her, I actually joked to her doctor that I ran a google search on a combination of those symptoms and it came up as a possible for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. We all chuckled; then we got real quiet and stared at each other. He immediately ordered a blood test to test for blasts and unfortunately, it came back positive. After her bone marrow test confirmed the blood test, we all decided that maybe, just maybe, Dr. Google can provide the correct answer once in a while.

It may sound strange - but occasionally Dr. Google gets it right. When my daughter collapsed 4 years ago and was suffering from a really strange group of symptoms - swollen lymph nodes, a spiking fever, and extreme pain in her legs and joints - and we (us and her pediatrician) could not figure out what was wrong with her, I actually joked to her doctor that I ran a google search on a combination of those symptoms and it came up as a possible for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. We all chuckled; then we got real quiet and stared at each other. He immediately ordered a blood test to test for blasts and unfortunately, it came back positive. After her bone marrow test confirmed the blood test, we all decided that maybe, just maybe, Dr. Google can provide the correct answer once in a while.
I liked this but meant to reply instead--I hope your daughter is recovered and healthy!

Anne

Hope your daughter is well! Glad to hear Dr. Google was helpful for you. I've had a few parents come in with a correct diagnosis based on a Google search, but nothing so significant. Usually it's rashes. It's interesting about your daughter's leg pain. I've had a couple kids (younger) over the years with leg pain (although very different from growing pains leg pain, don't want to make anyone nervous) as the presenting symptom for ALL.

moscow

Hope your daughter is well! Glad to hear Dr. Google was helpful for you. I've had a few parents come in with a correct diagnosis based on a Google search, but nothing so significant. Usually it's rashes. It's interesting about your daughter's leg pain. I've had a couple kids (younger) over the years with leg pain (although very different from growing pains leg pain, don't want to make anyone nervous) as the presenting symptom for ALL.
Thanks to both you and Adrienne for asking about her. She is great - she is cancer free and she is totally off treatment and has been for a year and a half.

The leg pain was a weird one. The pain was so bad she was unable to stand up and walk. She ended up in a wheel chair for weeks after her diagnosis and had to undergo extensive physical therapy But in the end, it all worked out. They did say that she was dangerously anemic and she had multiple blood transfusions within the first couple of days she was in the hospital after her diagnosis. But she had both blood and plasma transfusions all during her treatment so I cannot say for sure if the anemia was the root cause of the leg issue and initial blood transfusions cleared it up or not.

For us, the strange thing was all of the symptoms manifested at the same time and literally over night. One day she was fine and the next she had collapsed. I was actually joking with her doctor because I do not like Google as a source so it was totally freaky when it turned out to be correct. I believe it was one of those one in a million type situations.

@moscow,
So very glad to hear that! She sounds like a tough cookie. I really hope it is smooth sailing from here on out. And I am so glad you had that one in a million moment.