FastPass+

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I'm just glad this version doesn't ask me to type in my password every time I start it.

JustOneMoreTime

The way that passage is worded, it only applies to the RF device, not FP+.
This is the source of my confusion, I guess. I was under the impression that the new devices were the way the access admission and Fastpass+. I thought the purpose of the new technology was to create a system much like the transponders on the windshield of my car vs. having to stop at a toll booth. I thought Fastpass+ was a benefit of Upgrading, so to speak, to the new technology. Swiping the card, or band if you will, ties all your my disney experience plans to using your Fastpass+ reservations. I wasn't looking at the two as as distinctly different, but as components of one larger thing.

sorry if all above is even confusing to read. Its confusing in my head too! Thanks to anyone who can help me sort this through.

~Christine

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I still have 12 months until my next trip, so I'm counting on all of you to get it all figured out so when I start planning, you can just tell me how it works and what to do.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The device is a way to collect FP+, but you'll be able to collect the, regardless of which type of device you have.

In IL, our I-Pass toll transponders come in different guises. I have one that's mounted on my front license plate because I don't want a bulky device suctioned to my windshield. But IL still collects my money regardless.

JustOneMoreTime

The device is a way to collect FP+, but you'll be able to collect the, regardless of which type of device you have.

In IL, our I-Pass toll transponders come in different guises. I have one that's mounted on my front license plate because I don't want a bulky device suctioned to my windshield. But IL still collects my money regardless.
They always find a way to collect your money. This part, I understand. I'm from Taxachusetts. :)

bnoble

he's right
EVERYBODY PANIC!

More seriously: yes, things are changing. No, we don't know precisely how. Reading too much into the individual phrases of the terms will get you nowhere, because it only says what *can* happen, not what *will* happen---and even then, it probably doesn't spell out everything possible.

The current reality is that people are already not equal in their access to the park, the simplest example being EMH, and the next example being the Party days in which they manage to get a single park to generate two sets of admissions. The economics of the way theme parks work suggests that, eventually, Disney will figure out a way to more directly monetize expedited access to attractions, shows, etc. via FP+. The past behavior of the company suggests that, if they do so, they will do it in a way that doesn't completely tick off people who are not big spenders. So, the world will probably not end.

bnoble

he's right
The information on the world's eventual end provided by SNARKY FORUM GUY is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and SNARKY FORUM GUY makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective person living on the world as to the existence, ownership, or condition of the world or as to the accuracy or completeness of any information about the world contained in this post. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right to terminate any world at any time, in its sole discretion. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials shall be at your sole risk. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any error or omission in any portion of the post. Any and all concerns, differences, or discrepancies must be addressed with SNARKY FORUM GUY prior to the end of the world.

bnoble

he's right
(Sorry, I've been up for quite a number of hours already trying to finish a grant proposal before I disappear for vacation tomorrow. Too much coffee.)

JustOneMoreTime

The information on the world's eventual end provided by SNARKY FORUM GUY is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and SNARKY FORUM GUY makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective person living on the world as to the existence, ownership, or condition of the world or as to the accuracy or completeness of any information about the world contained in this post. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right to terminate any world at any time, in its sole discretion. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials shall be at your sole risk. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any error or omission in any portion of the post. Any and all concerns, differences, or discrepancies must be addressed with SNARKY FORUM GUY prior to the end of the world.
Awesome post.

RoonieRoo

will take any rain...even if its men.
Not really looking forward to this.

You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and use a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
Wouldn't this impact the value of park hoppers?

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
Later on it reads: All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed.

If they don't expire until the end of the day, you should be able to change them as long as it is on and for that same day.
I think that is only if you change it before the time of your attraction. Once you miss the window, it's gone, so now instead of 3 you have 2.

Not That Josh

I was expecting the word perpetuity at some point in there.

Rhonda

My question is this.....We're a party of 3. The 17 yo will be riding EE, ToT, etc. and the other 2 will not be. Can his FP+ options be different ones than the other 2 members our our party? He's old enough to go off and do the thrill rides on his own, and the other 2 would like to opt for different FP+ options if possible.
I believe yes. At least during the trial that we were in, you can make diffent experiences for each guest in your party. MY concern is we will be splitting up parks one day, so Im afraid my friends wont have FP at AK if we have them at HS. Im not giving up FP for HS!!!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I think it will make them more valuable. Imagine spending the morning at MK, then hopping to HS in the afternoon, knowing you have fp for tsmm. Very nice.

Rhonda

Not really looking forward to this.

What people are saying now is go to a green morning park, then park hop somewhere else and have your FP+ there. There is nothing that says you cant park hop, you just cant make FP reservations at 2 parks. This might even make it easier to hop since you will show up in the afternoon with 3 (or however many) rides waiting for you.

That being said, I still hate this whole idea.

Sorry, posting at same time as Pam