FastPass+

AR81

I think the big headache is going to be MK. Seems like 3 fp isn't really enough. The other parks I probably only pull 3 fp in a day because I ropedrop and actually ride a lot of rides in standby because they have little to no wait that early in the morning. However I think breaking MK up into 2 days or more is the best way to go with that park. For example I did a 4:30pm- close day at MK and stayed in TL and Storybook Circus, ate dinner, watched Wishes and parade, never went to the other side of the park. That night I pulled a fp for Buzz, Dumbo and Barnstormer. On my next MK day I did ropedrop -3:00 parade- and pretty much covered the other side of the park starting with Fantasyland and making my way all the way through Adventureland. I pulled fps for PP, BTMRR, JC and I think that is it. I did a lot and rode a lot of things standby with no more than a 20 minute wait. Now that was when Splash was closed so if Splash would have been open I would have probably pulled a fp for that one as well.
I am going to try to stay optimistic. Our next trip will not be until Spring Break or summer of 2014 so I know it will be in full force by then. Hopefully my plan of ropedrop and hitting a lot of things standby in the morning will still be a wise plan. I guess we will have to wait and see...

bnoble

he's right
I still don't think that it is going to be the crazy impact that some of us are fearing. And let's face it.....how many of us have gone to WDW and ridden the same attraction 3-4 times because we knew how to maximize the FP system? Well....that isn't going to happen now because we will be limited....period. So....we get our 3 FP now....all for different attractions.
I think this *is* the crazy impact some are fearing! :RpS_cool:

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I think this *is* the crazy impact some are fearing! :RpS_cool:
Well....if that is the concern.....it's a pointless one. Let's face....we will be limited on the number of FPs we can have....period. It really doesn't matter if 30% of the people use FPs or 100%....we will only get to have the number of FP that Disney says we can....no way around that!!! :thumb:

bnoble

he's right
Oh, I know...it's just that the vast majority of the sturm und drang about this has exactly to do with the various limits, just as there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth about return time enforcement. That wasn't a big deal, and this won't be either.

blyday

I think the big headache is going to be MK. Seems like 3 fp isn't really enough. The other parks I probably only pull 3 fp in a day because I ropedrop and actually ride a lot of rides in standby because they have little to no wait that early in the morning. However I think breaking MK up into 2 days or more is the best way to go with that park. For example I did a 4:30pm- close day at MK and stayed in TL and Storybook Circus, ate dinner, watched Wishes and parade, never went to the other side of the park. That night I pulled a fp for Buzz, Dumbo and Barnstormer. On my next MK day I did ropedrop -3:00 parade- and pretty much covered the other side of the park starting with Fantasyland and making my way all the way through Adventureland. I pulled fps for PP, BTMRR, JC and I think that is it. I did a lot and rode a lot of things standby with no more than a 20 minute wait. Now that was when Splash was closed so if Splash would have been open I would have probably pulled a fp for that one as well.
I am going to try to stay optimistic. Our next trip will not be until Spring Break or summer of 2014 so I know it will be in full force by then. Hopefully my plan of ropedrop and hitting a lot of things standby in the morning will still be a wise plan. I guess we will have to wait and see...
I actually think that MK is easier to do without a lot of FPs as long as you are there for RD. DH and I typically will do: PP, HM, BTMRR, Splash, POTC, HM and Phil all by 11 AM without a single FP pulled. Of course, if you need to do all of Fantasyland plus want all of the mountains....the could be harder to do. But still manageable. Luckily....we have Josh to go in and figure out the best plan of attack that will let us do them all. But you are probably right....MK will become even more of a 2 day park then it is now for most people.

blyday

Oh, I know...it's just that the vast majority of the sturm und drang about this has exactly to do with the various limits, just as there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth about return time enforcement. That wasn't a big deal, and this won't be either.
LOL....so we are on the same page.....because that was really my whole point with the fact that I don't think that advertising FP+ will not have any actual impact on us "uber users!!"

bnoble

he's right
that was really my whole point with the fact that I don't think that advertising FP+ will not have any actual impact on us "uber users!!"
It will, in a way.

The DIS has a pretty good thread estimating the current capacity of the FP-enabled attractions. We also know the average attendance in each park. Assuming the FP/Standby rations don't change, and if everyone uses FP+, then there is room to give everyone three per day with some leftover in each of the parks. But, there is not room to give everyone four an any of the parks.

But, if a non-trivial number of guests end up not using FP+ at all, then there *might* be room to bump up the limits for those who do use it.

Not That Josh

Funny, I thought you two were disagreeing too.

I don't really have a strong opinion on it except that were are in good shape because we pay attention and because we have Josh to tell us what to do.

blyday

It will, in a way.

The DIS has a pretty good thread estimating the current capacity of the FP-enabled attractions. We also know the average attendance in each park. Assuming the FP/Standby rations don't change, and if everyone uses FP+, then there is room to give everyone three per day with some leftover in each of the parks. But, there is not room to give everyone four an any of the parks.

But, if a non-trivial number of guests end up not using FP+ at all, then there *might* be room to bump up the limits for those who do use it.
That is a good point.....but at this point in time....it really won't effect us because we all can be pretty sure that at roll out....they will keep the number at 3. So...planning for just the three means that if at some point in time it changes to 4....we can just see that as a bonus!!!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
For example, what are the odds that TWDC spent $1B on a new high-tech system without having some idea of how many people would be comfortable using a computer before they arrived, or a touch-screen kiosk that day? Remember, there will still be in-park kiosks, so you don't *have* to do things in advance. But some people will. In at least this sense, FP+ is strictly more attractive to people in general.
How well are the touch-screen order systems working at the CS restaurants that have them? I know they have them at BOG, and I think they are at one of the CS locations at the Contemporary. Anyway, it seems like for many folks it's a struggle, and they usually have a CM there to hold their hand through the order process.

I can imagine FP+ having similar issues at the kiosks, and some people just deciding it's too much hassle. People must consider the current system somewhat of a hassle, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them standing in those 90+ minute lines all the time.

bnoble

he's right
Somehow, the vast majority of the time, people manage to check in at airport kiosks just fine without help.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
If I ever start to wonder too much about FP+ issues, I have to step back and remind myself I'm worrying about floating down a trough filled with water and looking at dolls mouthing words to some disembodied song coming from some hidden speaker.

Not That Josh

And the people singing that song are dead!!! :RpS_scared:

I don't know if that's true but it sounded funny, so I don't care if it's true.

No chance of me worrying about it. I don't worry about anything really, so that's not saying much for me.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I have to step back and remind myself I'm worrying about floating down a trough filled with water and looking at dolls mouthing words to some disembodied song coming from some hidden speaker.
With the added bonus of knowing if you get stuck on the ride for 30 minutes or more, you could "win" $8,000!

RuthAnn

How well are the touch-screen order systems working at the CS restaurants that have them? I know they have them at BOG, and I think they are at one of the CS locations at the Contemporary. Anyway, it seems like for many folks it's a struggle, and they usually have a CM there to hold their hand through the order process.
They have the touch-screen order system at the Poly as well (Captain Cook's). They seemed to work ok when I was there (2/11 and 8/12), and I never saw a cast member stationed to provide assistance. I didn't go here during super busy times of day, though.

AliceIn

Here is the way that I see FP+ working for someone like me:
We arrive at the park for RD and do our morning rides without FPs. Let's face it.....I know enough of how to tour that I really can make it without FPs for the first couple of hours at least. So....we might want one for the morning....but if we are hopping parks....then we'd want the FP for the evening. We take a break and then return to the park or hop to a different park. When we go back to a park, we typically are there for a more relaxed evening and for evening entertainment....so having 3 FPs to need to use might really be more then we want to deal with....so we might have 1 or 2 set up but that is all.....unless we are using one for our evening entertainment.
I agree with this. We are rope droppers, and we tend to ride things only once. We used FP more in the afternoon to get the remaining headliners in. I think we maybe used 3-4 max per day. I'm hopeful that the new program will make things more relaxing. I'd love to be able to sleep in a bit and then go to TSMM later in the day without worrying about all the FP being gone. We typically don't hang out at the parks for fireworks, and we don't do parades. Those times are great for us to get some rides in while everybody else is watching.

I'm glad that you can reschedule on the fly - you couldn't reschedule the old FPs.

pharmer

Okay, so I leave April 13th for our WDW trip. If FP+ was going to be in place for this trip, would I know already?!

Im not so anxious about anything related to FP+ because my worries arent going to change a thing. What I want to know is when this is set to start! If its going to be for my trip FINE, but give me some time to wrap my head around it and come up with a new plan.