FastPass+

RoonieRoo

will take any rain...even if its men.
Okay, so I leave April 13th for our WDW trip. If FP+ was going to be in place for this trip, would I know already?!

Im not so anxious about anything related to FP+ because my worries arent going to change a thing. What I want to know is when this is set to start! If its going to be for my trip FINE, but give me some time to wrap my head around it and come up with a new plan.
Our trip is the last week of April. You have nothing to worry about. Nothing is going to change for either of our trips.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I'm sure that we will have notice. My guess is that it will be close to a month's notice before they officially roll it out. Plus, rumor is that they will do it in gradual steps instead of just suddenly one day everything changes over to FP+.

Triciari

Our trip is the last week of April. You have nothing to worry about. Nothing is going to change for either of our trips.
We're going April 7 - 16. I'm kinda wishing they'd step it up, since we'd surely be there when both types of FP were still available!

nurseholly

Somehow, the vast majority of the time, people manage to check in at airport kiosks just fine without help.
But then again, there are lots of people like me that are perfectly willing to drive for two days in order to avoid the "hassle" of the airport...I always say that I don't want to be on the airline's timetable. But really that makes no sense as I'm perfectly willing to be on Disney's for ADRs and FP. But if someone tries to tell me how much better it is to fly, I seriously tune them out. Sometimes people just make their minds up and don't want to hear anymore about it. Here's to hoping that people think about FP+ the way I do about airports!!! :)

Last edited:

bnoble

he's right
I'm pretty dense. How will DVC members with annual passes book their
Fastpass plus choices?
To the extend that anyone knows, you will enroll your Annual Pass number in your "My Disney Experience" account. You can then make reservations against that pass.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I just noticed that on the "My Reservations" page of the MDE app, after the resort and dining sections there's a FastPass+ heading. I haven't checked in for my May 4-12 trip yet, so there's nothing there to click. Even if I do check in, I doubt I'll get a live link, since of the three of us, one has a UT ticket, one has an AP, and one has an AP voucher. Only the AP is linked to the profile of one person in my party. Guess I should try checking in to see what happens.

MsInfo

More data: Our trip is from May 4th - 12th as well. I've checked in, and the FastPass+ link, while visible, is not active. We both have APs which I've liked to our reservation.

We'll see if FastPass+ will be available for our trip, but I'm doubting it.

speake

Tried to link my tickets I purchased on Disney's website to My Disney Experience. Could not figure it out so I "chatted" online with a CM:

Chris: Hi Judy - I ordered tickets on disney's website. How do I link those tickets to my existing reservations on the My Disney Experience website?
Judy: Thank you for choosing Walt Disney World® Resort as your vacation destination!
Judy: When you purchase tickets separately you are not able to link it to your resort reservations or to the My Disney Experience®. Have you also booked a resort room only reservation?
Chris: My room only reservation and all dining ADRs are linked so that looks good. I thought that if I was able to link my tickets, then I could take advantage of FP+ if that is going to roll out before my trip on 5/31.
Judy: If the MyMagic®+ program is rolled out prior to your visit you will receive communication via mail or email that will give instructions on how to set up Disney FastPass®+. You will not need to link your tickets when this begins. We are so excited about all the fantastic features coming this year, and hope it is in time for your visit!
Chris: Thank you - that helps me. Have a good day Judy.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
So it sounds like if you have any kind of reservation, the FP+ system will be activated for your stay.

This begs the question: what about those staying offsite?

ceb104

I was wondering how 'linking' tickets would work. For many, we can't pick up our tickets until day of arrival (convention, discounted or comp tickets) and having them linked to tickets doesn't seem right. I can see them attached to room only like you said above.

My trip isn't until the fall, so i'm off to see if I have any magical links regarding FP+. :) This should be fun to learn the new system!

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
So it sounds like if you have any kind of reservation, the FP+ system will be activated for your stay.

This begs the question: what about those staying offsite?
You'll have to hear it from Chris:RpS_flapper:

dirtnap101

I, too, am beginning to hope that regular FP is not gone by the time our trip rolls around in the second half of August. If we are limited to 3 FP a day in one park, I'd either prefer to use the old system or have my trip far enough in the future to be able to do what I feel will be the new "super planner power-user" type of FP+ touring, which I feel would be getting FP for headliners in the afternoon.
In our case, since we'll be taking breaks in the middle of the day (up early, out later, 5 year old kid, plus I want a nap!), that means in the Noontime area or then later in the afternoon, like 5-7pm. As someone mentioned, seasoned WDW vets don't need FP at rope drop. Back in the day before they started enforcing the return time, we grabbed FP in the morning but only to use later in the day, never in the morning itself. I assume many people will do the same, so these afternoon "peak time" FP+ will be reserved at the opening of the 60 day window. I just don't know if the FP+ system will be fully in place by June 15 (our approximate 60 day window) and once that passes, I'd rather take my chances with the system I know, regular FP.

gccmedina

one of the big draws for us last yr when we went to universal was that we stayed at the Hard Rock so that we could be able to use the fast lane and not have to wait as long in the lines. our main concern was dd11 that is on the ASD and has a hard time waiting in a line for more than 10 minutes. while we were there we really questioned whether WDW would be a good choice for our family because of the lines. i am taking dd11 by myself in august and would welcome FP+ since i think it will be difficult for me to get the FP when it is just the 2 of us. i know there has been discussion of the GAC and i am sure there are abuses just like anything that can provide assistance. i am going to try for the GAC, hope the FP+ is up and running and then just plan as best I can and hope for the best. i will tell all of you how helpful this forum has been with my planning. when i first came onto the forum i wasn't happy with having to read through the post, but this is like Facebook. i have to get my cup of coffee in the morning log on to this forum and facebook before i can start my day:RpS_thumbsup: thanks everyone

elouise

Can anyone please offer suggestions. We come from the UK ... traveling in Aug ( due to dds school plans) so a busy time and hot time!
We use to use Fp to ride splash etc may be 3 or 4 times a day!
Will Fasspass+ be up by then ? (HOPE NOT) as we bought our 14 day tickets from a UK supplier and are staying off site !

I am now thinking we might staying at Hard Rock for couple of nights to use their front of line system.... which we love.
However DD prefers disney, but im not too keen queuing all the time at peak times.
Cant see that if it is up by Aug, that any FP will be left for us in the afternoons as all the Disney hotel guests would have nabbed them .... ( we stayed on site last year ! typical..... :-(

Thanks for any imput.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Nobody really knows exactly how it's going to work, or when it'll roll out, so it's difficult to give suggestions on how to use FP+.

That said, I'd do what you probably already do. Get to the park before RD to tour when it's relatively cooler and less crowded, be in a pool or AC in the heat of the day, and return at night when it's relatively cooler. If there's FP+, schedule them for the evening, since you most likely wont need them in the morning.

As far as resort guests gobbling them up, there's nothing difinitive that states resort guests will have any advantages.

Unfortunately, at this point we can only wait and see.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
If we ever do leave WDW property to head to Universal, we'll definitely be staying at one of their resorts so we can get that FOTL pass. No way could we do it any other way.

Does anybody know if Universal in California has anything like that?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
If we ever do leave WDW property to head to Universal, we'll definitely be staying at one of their resorts so we can get that FOTL pass. No way could we do it any other way.
That's how we're doing our first two days in August. Almost makes paying $300/night for the room OK. Almost.

ceb104

That's how we're doing our first two days in August. Almost makes paying $300/night for the room OK. Almost.
You know, for a large family I think it's totally worth it espcially during peak season. I've known people that stay at Disney and use Royal Pacific as a throwaway hotel for a night, just to get the FOTL for two days.

I've given up researching FP+. At this point it is what it is and what happens happens. It's the limbo that I don't like.