First time DVC renter

capeokw56

If you do the online room requests it will cancel out any previous requests. The prevailing advice is to call the resort 10 days before your arrival date and ask to speak to whoever is doing room assignments. There's a list of those phone numbers somewhere if I can find them...

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
If you do the online room requests it will cancel out any previous requests. The prevailing advice is to call the resort 10 days before your arrival date and ask to speak to whoever is doing room assignments. There's a list of those phone numbers somewhere if I can find them...
That list is a bit dubious, because oftentimes you'll be transferred to a reservations call center, and not the person doing room assignments. Much more effective is to have the reservationist note your requests, in order of importance, and to keep the requests to a minimum to have a better chance of getting what you want. Best of all, however, is to use Touringplans' room request service. They actually prepare faxes which do, in fact, end up in the assignors' hands, five days before check-in, the date that assignments are actually made. It's worked for me almost 100% of the time, and many times I got the exact room I requested.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Best of all, however, is to use Touringplans' room request service. They actually prepare faxes which do, in fact, end up in the assignors' hands, five days before check-in, the date that assignments are actually made. It's worked for me almost 100% of the time, and many times I got the exact room I requested.
I've had the same experience. I'm probably the most vocal critic of Touringplans data-driven methodology for generating a crowd calendar, but given the total amount you'll be spending on a WDW resort, an extra $15 for a TP subscription seems well worth it if only for a strong assurance your room request will be granted.

George

I've had the same experience. I'm probably the most vocal critic of Touringplans data-driven methodology for generating a crowd calendar, but given the total amount you'll be spending on a WDW resort, an extra $15 for a TP subscription seems well worth it if only for a strong assurance your room request will be granted.
Same here. I don’t ever look at TP’s planning stuff. I just use it for the room request service and their ADR finder/alert feature, because I never plan my meals 180 days out!

Micah008

Staff member
Same here. I don’t ever look at TP’s planning stuff. I just use it for the room request service and their ADR finder/alert feature, because I never plan my meals 180 days out!
I don't use any of the planning stuff either, but I use it for Hotel Room Views (maps, room numbers, etc) .. which does not require a subscription.

George

I don't use any of the planning stuff either, but I use it for Hotel Room Views (maps, room numbers, etc) .. which does not require a subscription.
The views feature is nice too, that is, when there’s an actually view! I’ve found many are “similar” views, but those still give you a good idea.