Fitness Thread

beachta1

You go!! I have seen the mason jar salads but have not tried them! That is so great they are working for you and that you can find variety. I think that is one of the hardest parts for people when it comes to losing weight, eating the same five health foods over and over. Its easier when you can enjoy and mix it up!!

TiggerGirl

Thanks!

I'll just eat what's in front of me - whether it's grapes, oranges or M&M's. And if I don't bring it in to work there are pretty much zero healthy choices so I eat doritos and rice krispy squares and powdered donuts.

This is...well 13 pounds ago was...the biggest i've ever been. I'm now 3 pounds below where I was when I tried again and I lost 50 pounds

Food is my crutch and after my sister died I just didn't care about anything including myself. but I'm so uncomfortable and I'm too young to be so inactive. so here I go :)

I appreicate your encouragement and support!

runDisneygirl

How goes it, easy fitness peeps?

I fell of the fitness wagon after Dopey. Fell off, got run over, and am laying in a ditch! Starting to slowly get back at it. I think I was burned out. It's been a nice break but time to get back at it.

Signed up for Avengers in Disneyland in November, plus a 5k and a 10k this summer. Need some mojo! Hope all is well.

beachta1

Ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC recently, it went well! 11 minute mile pace, ran the entire time! I don't have any other races I'm registered for, which makes me sad. I feel like races always give me something to aspire to!

BeckyW

I'm starting my "Run towards turning 40" with a 5K this fall (Yeungling Octoberfest in Bethlehem PA) so I JUST started getting back into my training. My basic plan is:
Oct '15 - Octoberfest 5K
Nov '15 - Turkey Trot 5K
March '16 - Get your Rear in Gear 4mi
Oct '16 - Rock n Roll Half
and the biggie:
Feb '17 - Princess Half!

I'm sure there will be some other things that pop up, but I know that I NEED to have them planned or else I'll get lazy and put it off ;)

Congrats on the Cherry Blossom run Tricia! Want to come to Philly and run with me next year?? ;)

runDisneygirl

Looks great ladies! Yep, I discovered I really need a race in my future or I have no reason to get off the couch. I mean, I walk the dogs 4 times a day, but it's speedwalk - sniff - speedwalk - sniff........ Having that goal of a race, and a PR, really really helps. :)

LSUfan4444

I'm starting my "Run towards turning 40" with a 5K this fall (Yeungling Octoberfest in Bethlehem PA) so I JUST started getting back into my training. My basic plan is:
Oct '15 - Octoberfest 5K
Nov '15 - Turkey Trot 5K
March '16 - Get your Rear in Gear 4mi
Oct '16 - Rock n Roll Half
and the biggie:
Feb '17 - Princess Half!

I'm sure there will be some other things that pop up, but I know that I NEED to have them planned or else I'll get lazy and put it off ;)

Congrats on the Cherry Blossom run Tricia! Want to come to Philly and run with me next year?? ;)

What RNR Half are you doing?