Florida Resident Tickets

aimes0105

My parents are Florida Residents and are joining us staying onsite for our trip in June. They have purchased tickets and received their vouchers which are linked to MDE and they have FPs booked and magic bands. My question is, it would appear that they are set to go and could just head to their first park and use their magic bands for entry. Do they really need to exchange their vouchers for real tickets if they are already linked to their magic bands? Just trying to save a little time at the ticket window/guest services if they don't have to stop there.

Micah008

Staff member
What kind of tickets?

If you are talking about Annual Passes, they for sure still need to actually stop and "activate" the tickets.

aimes0105

Ok thanks, we'll plan a little extra time to get it activated the first day then. I was just thinking that when I bought tickets last year they mailed the cards but I didn't ever need them. They also received cards but theirs say ticket voucher or exchange certificate- I forget the exact wording- and I just thought that despite what they said, if they were linked just like our regular tickets and we never needed those, they might not need theirs either.

ecruz312

I'm familiar with this, having purchased a FL 4-day pass myself before, and FL Annual Passes.

Even if linked to MDE, you still have to activate them at the parks or Downtown Disney. Mainly, you have to show proof that you are a FL resident. A driver's license would suffice.

Yes they have to turn them in with proof of Florida residency. Then they will link the tickets to the magic bands so they don't have to use the cards to enter the park, just the magic bands. Technically the tickets aren't linked to the bands until the cards are turned in

aimes0105

I'm familiar with this, having purchased a FL 4-day pass myself before, and FL Annual Passes.

Even if linked to MDE, you still have to activate them at the parks or Downtown Disney. Mainly, you have to show proof that you are a FL resident. A driver's license would suffice.

Ok thank you both. Thanks for mentioning Downtown Disney being an option too, that's perfect. I'll have them do that the evening before our first park day so we don't have to worry about it when we're trying to catch rope drop!

aimes0105

I relayed the advice to my parents to do this at Downtown Disney and was then asked, where? Well that didn't even occur to me but I suppose it is a pretty big place. I looked over the map and it would appear Guest Relations would be the place? It doesn't specifically list this but mentions ticket upgrades, AP assistance and reservations so they sound like the right people.

essany1

I relayed the advice to my parents to do this at Downtown Disney and was then asked, where? Well that didn't even occur to me but I suppose it is a pretty big place. I looked over the map and it would appear Guest Relations would be the place? It doesn't specifically list this but mentions ticket upgrades, AP assistance and reservations so they sound like the right people.

We just did this for my mother on Thursday. There is a window outside of Disney Quest where you can validate the ticket. Once validated her Magic Band worked like a charm.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
There's a large Guest Relations (walk in building) on the Marketplace side. That's the only one I've been to so I don't know if one is better than the other.

aimes0105

I will definitely let them know about both options. They are a little unsure about getting in there with all of the construction so I'll tell them that either side they end up parking near would work. Thanks again!

ecruz312

My apologies that I didn't see this until now. Yes, Guest Relations is the place, on the Marketplace side, as Vicki mentioned. It is right behind the Ghirardelli store.

SurfCruiser

I found this thread while searching to answer a slightly different question: Can I exchange my daughter's 3 day FL Resident Park Hopper voucher at our resort (AoA)?

It looks like not.

To add my input, a few months back my wife and I decided to skip the Guest Services at Disney Springs and go straight to a Guest Services counter at the Hollywood Studios entrance (the park we wanted to spend a few hours in that day). It was very pleasant, fast, and we didn't have to stand in line but a few minutes. Shortly after we were done, however, the line grew quite a bit. So, as anything, I'm sure that's hit or miss. But if you haven't been to Disney Springs lately (and this may be 'fixed' by now) but the parking and construction on the roads surrounding the place at the time (Fall 2015) was pretty stressful. We opted to save that hassle for when we actually wanted to do something more at Disney Springs than use Guest Services. We may do the same on our trip this weekend, since we'll have a toddler with us: Less time strapping him in and out of his car seat is a GOOD thing!