Footwear in the rain??

beachta1

Headed to MNSSHP tomorrow and I can't decide what to wear on my feet. Its Orlando in August so I'm guessing the rain will actually happen at some point. Would you wear sneakers? Sandals? I have maroon sneakers that will go with my costume, but a dress and sneakers isn't like a cute look.

Please help, I can't decide.

beachta1

Do you have any athletic sandals - Keen, Teva, etc.? That's what I would wear!
I do not. I usually live in my Reef sandals but they're just flops and don't have all the straps. I don't super trust them walking around in slippery conditions.

cboyer

I agree with the Teva's. I love mine and they are great in the rain. I would stick with sandals if possible. If you don't trust them, then gym shoes. They will get wet and heavy but at least I wouldn't feel like I might slip wearing them. And I would bring a spare pair of shoes.

I do not. I usually live in my Reef sandals but they're just flops and don't have all the straps. I don't super trust them walking around in slippery conditions.
For what it's worth, my daughter wears her Reef Slap flops in the parks has not had issues with slipping in the rain. If you find them comfortable enough to wear and don't want to buy new shoes, maybe wear the Reefs and bring the sneakers as back-up?

I like those Teva's in Plum Truffle, they'd go nicely with most of the colors in my wardrobe. Thanks for the suggestion!

beachta1

Fun fact- the rain didn't affect the trip at all and my reef sandals worked just fine. My feet didn't hurt, just needed a good scrub after getting back to the resort.