"FP is a Free For All"

Abbyar

Josh's update says any magnetic strip will work on FP. So, any news from locals? Is it the end of the world? Do people even notice? I'm dying to know!

mousehelper

will grab your arm
So the client who called an told me that a friend who told him that they put their Visa in and got FPs wasn't crazy?
And by the way-- this was said to me almost 2 weeks ago.

F

fizboBunny

I don't know if I'd put my Visa in a FP machine. Maybe my husband's, but certainly not mine.

JasonMiller

Off to count how many things I have with magnetic strips. Arriving on the 19th...this should be interesting.

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
How about an old hotel room "key" with the magnetic strip ? This just seems too good to be true. I mean, I know it is true - I don't doubt it - I just bet it won't last long. However, look at the old FP system that allowed for late arrivals. That took them, like, forever to fix! :love:
Just hoping it will still be happening in mid September!

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
This was a problem in the past, but they fixed it (a few years ago or even longer than a few). Old room keys would get you more FPs, maybe other mag stripe items as well. Did they not learn anything the first time?

daleNchip

Packed a few old KTTW to run a test next week. Don't know what we'd do with extra FPs and a dedicated time window, but ought to check. For research purposes.

mk

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
Packed a few old KTTW to run a test next week. Don't know what we'd do with extra FPs and a dedicated time window, but ought to check. For research purposes.

mk
I have 6 from 2010, but cant find any from 2011 or 2012. I just asked BFF if she wanted multiple rides on 'biggies" or see more of other things~she said see more of other things. Gotta try it though, to help MK with her research :RpS_razz:

MK, do you really leave tomorrow???

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I've got all of ours starting in whatever year we began going to WDW, if we were going soon I could pack 'em all and look like a Brazilian Tour Guide at the TSMM FP machines. Well, except that I don't have a flag and I do have albino skin and blonde (okay, gray) hair.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I have a bunch of old unused FastPasses. I'm going to try putting them in and see if I can get some old room keys to pop out instead.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I did see on the DIS a few days ago that people are reporting that since the FP+ trials began that they've been able to get FPs using both their Magic Bands and KTTW cards meaning double FPs. We'll have to wait and see how long it'll take Disney IT to fix it. My guess is they won't fix it until and they'll just wait until the existing FP system is completely replaced by the new FP+ system however it'll look.

neffernie

I've got all of ours starting in whatever year we began going to WDW, if we were going soon I could pack 'em all and look like a Brazilian Tour Guide at the TSMM FP machines. Well, except that I don't have a flag and I do have albino skin and blonde (okay, gray) hair.
We can get you a flag. :RpS_wink: