"FP is a Free For All"

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Thanks for the explanation Micah, it makes more sense now, but still a little crazy that they haven't at least taught the system to recognize only the number series exclusive to Disney park tickets/KTTK cards.

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
I keep trying to tell myself that only x% of people know this who will be at the same park as me, but it's hard to not panic and go into the "doomsday" mode since everyone on easy, tgm, dis, mousesavers etc all know! It feels like a lot of folks, and it is, it just isnt a lot of folks on the same day in the same park as me to make a significant difference...........right??????

pfalcioni

it just isnt a lot of folks on the same day in the same park as me to make a significant difference...........right??????
Right.

Because if it was, darned near everyone going to a WDW park would be at the most recommended park, they'd all be there at rope drop, and not a single one would get in line for Spaceship Earth first thing.

ke_page

Want a good laugh? My fp+ for tomorrow says I am going to magic kingdom and I am scheduled to ride soarin and test track. Ummm.... Mickey we have a problem!

pfalcioni

My fp+ for tomorrow says I am going to magic kingdom and I am scheduled to ride soarin and test track. Ummm.... Mickey we have a problem!
Oh my goodness!!! Hahahaha!!!!

I can't imagine the "fun" Disney IT folks are having at this point.

wongck

Want a good laugh? My fp+ for tomorrow says I am going to magic kingdom and I am scheduled to ride soarin and test track. Ummm.... Mickey we have a problem!
That's one way of making sure that the FP line don't get over loaded with easy pulling of FP... LMAO.

ke_page

When I get to a real computer I'm going to write a trip report on this fp+ crap. We have has the worst experience! Disney has comped us so much as a result of such a disaster it has been. I couldnt have imagine it being this bad ... They claim we are the exception.... We will see. But let me just tease you with they have rebooked our reservation 8 times in the last 36 hours!

Ps- our tickets don't pull fps but... The 30 room keys I have as a result of these bookings all pull them .... And there are no tickets on them at all... Pure cluster!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I mean this as nicely as possible. But that's hilarious. I can't imagine having 30 room keys to put into the Toy Story Mania FASTPASS machines.

pfalcioni

But let me just tease you with they have rebooked our reservation 8 times in the last 36 hours!
What a load of hooey! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. Vacation is supposed to be relatively relaxing and not MORE work than your regular work!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Wow that is insane. This experience suggests that there really aren't any good contingencies built into the system. It's like a real life Jurassic Park, except instead of Raptors ravaging the island it'll be people posting all over the Internet about how Dazney screwed up their week vacation.

pfalcioni

How soon before the media starts labeling FP+ as the New Coke of the theme park world?

Tam

just here to register 'tam'
My dtr wants to know if the new magic bands will mess up fpv? Surely you can't be running around with everyone's magic band?

Strangeite

My dtr wants to know if the new magic bands will mess up fpv? Surely you can't be running around with everyone's magic band?
There will be no more FPV.

You would reserve all of your fastpasses before you leave from home or on your phone in the parks.

Of course that is long term, in the short term, brass knuckles and mean right hook is the best plan. It's a free for all out there.

kate81

LOL. Just as I finished reading through this thread, my 7yo happened to wander in and asked. "Mommy, how do you get fast passes?"

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
When I get to a real computer I'm going to write a trip report on this fp+ crap. We have has the worst experience! Disney has comped us so much as a result of such a disaster it has been. I couldnt have imagine it being this bad ... They claim we are the exception.... We will see. But let me just tease you with they have rebooked our reservation 8 times in the last 36 hours!
I'm just wondering, how does it all come about as affecting you ? For instance, why do you have to continue to have new reservations ? Is it because your room key stops working or what ? Just wondering b.c. we'll be at the campsites so room key wouldn't be an issue for us. I do know that DH will probably never want us to return to WDW if we have to put up with any hassle. I have to practically drag him to our vacations as it is *sad*

ewasilau

What about those with no FP+? (We are staying at POR from 8/15-8/23 and so are not part of the test.) Anyone know how it is working in reality? I am a little worried that regular FPs are going to be sparse because of the test and I really don't want others getting doubled up on FPs to effect our touring . . .

bnoble

he's right
I would not worry about it---there are relatively small numbers of people that have any idea that any of this works. But, the news for you could be good. Even though you are not in FP+, if you have your tickets separate from your KTTW, you might be able to use both. Also, it's not quite as "free" as "anything with a magstripe". There have been varying reports of old KTTWs not working, while other "not as old" ones did. Apparently an Ohio driver's license also worked---though, it was a couple, and they could only use one at a time.

More first-hand reports here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3147052