FP Selections with AP Voucher

Derjay

Hello Everyone,

I am currently an AP holder, but that will end on 10/3/19. I purchased an AP voucher from Sam's Club while the gettin' was good, and I have that linked in my MDE account under my name. I will be back in WDW on 1/5/20, which is when I plan to activate the AP, with a resort reservation and 3 other people, all of whom will have either multi day tickets or an active AP. I understand that I cannot activate the AP voucher until I am physically at the parks at GS, but I am also wondering if it will be possible for me to make FP selections at the 60 day mark. According to the Cast Member on the phone, I will not. I have been searching the web, but cannot seem to get a definitive answer. I don't know if I want to activate the voucher in October when I'm there and lose 3 months on the AP so I can make advanced FP selections with the others in my party.

Thank you!

HeyHeather

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/things-change-annual-pass-become-active-time-purchasefp-399081/

"When you purchase your Walt Disney World Annual Pass online or over the phone, you'll receive a confirmation number via email, which you can use to link it to your My Disney Experience account. However, your Annual Pass will not be considered activated until you pick up your yellow Annual Pass card at Guest Services outside of one of the Walt Disney World theme parks, or Disney Springs- and make sure to bring a photo ID with you. Once activated, your Pass will be valid for 366 days, and you can check the expiration date on the My Profile page of My Disney Experience.

As long as you have linked everything to your account, Linda, you'll be able to make your FastPass+ selections. If you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can do this 60 days before arrival (30 days if staying elsewhere). Savings for Annual Passholders can be substantial, particularly for the Deluxe resorts. You are not required to have an activated Annual Pass at the time of booking. However, you may be asked to show your pass at the Front Desk of your resort when you check-in (and, if you haven't had time to get your Pass activated yet, don't panic! The Front Desk Cast Member may ask you to come back and show your Yellow Annual Pass card after you get it)."

HeyHeather

And this older one:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/wdw-platinum-pass-wont-activate-until-january-fp-342881/

You can certainly make FastPass+ selections even if your pass isn't activated. As long as you have linked a purchased pass to each Guest in your party through your My Disney Experience account, the system will recognize that you have valid theme park tickets and FastPass+ will become available to you at 60 days prior to arrival if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at 30 days prior to arrival if you are staying off property.

If you haven't linked your purchased passes yet, you can do so by logging in to your My Disney Experience account online. Click on "My Reservations and Ticket" and then on "Link Tickets". The next screen will ask you for your purchase confirmation number, which is in your email confirmation and then you'll link each pass purchased to a specific Guest. All done!