Free before 3! Our December TR.

beachta1

So this was back when ROTR opening was as inconsistent as could be. I really wanted DH to get on, he is the Star Wars fan. He requested an uber to pick him up at 5:30am at POR, and my plan was to get up early and hopefully get to HS by 7am to get a boarding group for myself.

DH was up and out the door early and was ready for his uber. Unfortunately, someone else took his car and he didn’t realize until the map made it look like he was on his ride. How rude and terrible is that?! He canceled the ride mid-way through, hoping it messed up the people who took his car. There was a mom and daughter also waiting for their car who felt bad for DH and let them in their uber to HS that morning. What a cluster.

DD thankfully woke up early, and we were out the door at maybe 6:15am. We walked to the main building because following the bus and times on the app, it looked like it was only stopping there. We had missed at bus at 6:20, but figured the next one would come maybe 6:30 or something. Negative. The next bus didn’t come until 6:50. I was worried we got up early and left the resort for nothing. While at the bus stop, hubs had messaged that the park had opened at 6:32am and he got boarding group 36. Thankfully POR isn’t far, and we were in line at 7:09. At 7:14am I grabbed group 84. I saw online later that they ran out of passes at 7:15 so I just made it by the skin of my teeth.

Waiting at bus stop:

A few line pics:

I got a boarding pass!!!

DH was in line for SDD and as we were going to walk there, DD said she had to go potty. I loved the baby care center at HS because they actually have like low to the ground potties! Perfect for her size.

We met back in Toy Story Land and met Jessie, took some pics and rode Swirling Saucers. DD loved it so much.

We left Toy Story and went to meet Chewbacca and BB8 at Launch Bay. The meet with Chewbacca still does not have a live photographer, so we got shots like this. BB8 had like 3 CMs with him so I don’t get it. Get a live photographer everywhere!

We were getting closer to DH getting called for ROTR, so we started to walk back towards SW:GE. We stopped to meet Minnie and Mickey en route.

We walked around some through SW:GE, but DD was not in a great mood. I think the early wake up had screwed up her. We decided to stop by the ROTR line and ask about rider swap. None of the CMs wanted to answer and kept sending us to other people to speak with. We finally found two plaids who were able to help us out. Since we both had groups, they gave me an anytime FP for HS which included ROTR. I planned to ride it after DH, who was about to be called!

DD was still in a cruddy mood but I knew going to see the Frozen show would help. She didn’t love the dark and was scared during the scene they show the snow monster, but she loved the songs and snow at the end. When we got out of the show, DH messaged that he was off the ride! DD was still not a happy camper, so we decided he would take her to MK for rides she liked, and I would ride ROTR and meet them after.

To let you know how fast the FP line moved- I was still in the outside part of the ROTR queue at 11:23, and have pictures inside of MK at the carrousel at 12:34. I was able to ride, leave HS, take bus to MK, get through security and down main street in an hour. Is this some sort of record? I think so.

ROTR was amazing and worth the early wake up. I won’t post spoilers for anyone who hasn’t been on it yet or watched videos online. It was great.

beachta1

DD rode the carrousel and tea cups, and then we grabbed lunch at Cosmic Rays. She danced for a long time and I also got in on the fun because I have no shame.

After lunch, we figured DD may need a nap. We had reservations at Ogas and to build a droid, so I sent DH on his way. It was raining, she was tired, DH wanted to enjoy SW:GE so I was OK with parting ways. The rain let up thankfully, so DD and I had some quality time at the pool at POR. DH built a droid, got drunk at Ogas and bought too much merch. Everyone was happy. We wanted to do dinner at Epcot and hadn’t been on the skyliner yet, so DD and I took the bus back to HS and met DH there. The three of us had a nice ride from HS to EP, where DD of course fell asleep.

DH and I took advantage of the sleeping child so we had a drink and scotch eggs and Rose and Crown. We somehow found a table, and also DD somehow managed to sleep through the noise of the bar. Everyone wins!

When DD woke up, she was cranky and hungry. We grabbed dinner at Tangerine Café, which was thankfully fairly empty so having DD watch Puppy Dog Pals on my phone while we ate and she chilled out didn’t disturb anyone else eating. We grabbed my favorite drink at Epcot and all of WDW, the Grand Marnier Orange Slush, and walked to the bus stop. We realized every night of the trip so far, we had ended our night at Epcot!!

beachta1

Our last full day... Epcot!!

I delivered breakfast in bed to everyone, and DD loved having mickey waffle and syrup in bed. She asked if we could do it when we got home and the answer was absolutely no.

We were on the bus by 8:40am and still somehow made RD. Our goal was to go meet Anna and Elsa! We had a FP for FEA but we knew DD wouldn’t like it, so we released it. I hope we made someone else’s day picking it up! We were back in Norway and meeting the princesses by 9:20am. The line was much longer when we left so I’m glad we got to the park so early. I love Anna's new outfit to meet, but I think Elsa's sort of looks cheap in person.

Our FP and plans were to head back to Future World. We stopped in front of my favorite Xmas tree for a few fun photos.

DH and I both had Soarin FP, so he went and I took DD to the Character Spot. She had a lot of energy this morning and was dancing and bopping around all of the characters. It was pretty quiet again back there so we had a lot of time for character interaction :)

DH was still not off Soarin, so we wandered to go see Joy and Baymax. DD has not seen Big Hero 6 or Inside Out, but she loved meeting these two! She had so much fun with Baymax that we went to see him twice because there was literally no line. The CMs thought she was the cutest, which she is, obv.

DH came back from Soarin and we headed to the Sea Pavilion. The sky was looking a little iffy so I made sure to put the plastic over the stroller before going inside. We walked around looking at the aquarium and did Turtle Talk. When we started walking outside we saw that it was POURING. We went back inside and wandered a bit, checked again, still POURING. We wanted to get out and get to our ADR at Le Cellier so we spent some good money on ponchos. I went to get the stroller and the cover hadn’t stayed down so the seat was wet. Blah. We had DD sit on her poncho and kept the cover down. The rain had let up some, thankfully.

As we walked to Canada, we realized DD probably would not like anything to eat in Le Cellier and we really wanted to actually sit and have a nice lunch. I sent DH into Sunshine Seasons to pick up a PBJ for DD. It ended up being really smart, she ate the entire thing and her carrots! I showed up 10 min early for our ADR and we still waited another 15 minutes after our time to be seated.

I was really looking forward to eating here, and I think we ordered wrong. DH and I both got the soup, which was AMAZING. We wanted to have poutine so we got the lobster poutine. It was good, but I feel like not the right combo. I love lobster, I love poutine, but together it wasn’t a great flavor mix. I also ordered a salad, which had too much dressing and should have sent back. It was nice to sit down for a meal and get away from the rain, but next time I’m going back just for steak and soup.

beachta1

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering through World Showcase. We stopped and watched a few of the holiday performers, did the Cookie Stroll, met a few characters, had a few drinks and just enjoyed the afternoon. At one point DD fell asleep so we just sat and had a drink and enjoyed being at the park. When she woke up she wanted to go on a ride so we took another ride on the Skyliner! We rode to CBR and had to get off and get back on; they don’t just let you stay on at that station.

When we got off back at Epcot, we met Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at the gateway. I have to say, these are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.

We were in the mood for Chinese so we stopped in Africa to pick up a hot dog for DD, and then had dinner at Lotus Blossom.

We were tired and had to get packed to leave the next day so we headed home fairly early. It was a great EP day! I know a lot of people think EP isn’t a great park for kids but DD loved meeting characters, seeing the performers and of course the cookie trail.

Performers in Germany!

Dominic the Donkey?

The Cookie Stroll! We enjoyed doing this.

I love this angle.

Cheers!

Skyliner ride. Love that kids can stay in the stroller!

Enjoying our cookie :)

Loved the Norway Storyteller.

Cuties.

One of my favorite family pics from the trip.

The girls!

Meeting Mulan!

I love Epcot at Christmas and the holiday storytellers so much that we decided it was worth dealing with crowds this year to see them again. Great pictures and thanks for sharing!

beachta1

Our last day :(

I had done a lot of packing the night before so we didn’t have a ton to do in the morning before leaving our resort. I was watching the weather and saw a storm was going to pass through in the morning and then clear up for the day. I decided I should go grab breakfast and coffee before the rain started. Didn’t happen. By the time I got back to our room, I was drenched. I had my raincoat on and was wet through the jacket.

We knew we weren’t going to try to leave the room in the rain with our luggage and small child, so we decided we were going to take our time getting out of there and wait for the storm to pass. Thankfully, it wasn’t too long of a wait!

We dropped off our luggage to be sent to the airport, dropped off carry-on luggage at bell services and grabbed the bus to MK. Originally we were going to head to AK to do a few more things and we had a FP for FOP, but we decided not to park hop on the last day. It ended up being the best day weather wise and we had so much fun. MK opened at 8am and we walked in a little after 8. Not bad!

The tree looking so beautiful this AM.

Glad to have a nice shot of the castle before they started painting it. I wish they were keeping it more gray / silver / blue tones instead of the more gold and pink like Disneyland.

ETWB was our first planned stop, but we took a ride on the tea cups first. DD just loves them so much!

Next we went to see Belle at ETWB. DD was a little scared of the dark in the first room and did not want to participate. I was glad we got a seat in the front row to get this great pic of DD with Belle at the end. Also this dress is starting to be too small but glad it got one more wear at the parks.

As we were exiting, we saw a small line for the step sisters so we got into it. The CMs told us they were leaving in a minute and the fairy godmother was going to come out. DD loves singing bibbidi bobbidi BOO so it was a cute meet. I’m glad we stopped.

Next was another ride on the Carrousel, followed by meeting Cinderella and Elena. We’ve never watched Elena of Avatar (that’s what I kept calling her) but that’s OK. We were taking silly pics on the carrouseul and this one was the "sad last day of vacation" pose.

Mama needs some caffeine so DH took DD on Dumbo while I walked to Joffreys and got some much needed coffee. C was looking at Barnstormer and we decided to see if she was tall enough and give it a try. She was over 35 inches and so we went for it! I was curious how she would do and she LOVED it. There was some great views of the Tron construction from the Barnstormer queue. I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of her face on the ride. She was so happy.

It was 10am at this point, good time to have dessert, no? I’ve never had the Cheshire Cat Tail so we tried that. Yum! We all very much liked it.

We headed to Tomorrowland to get on the People Mover. It was a risk because of going in Space Mountain aka at the dark, but I just love the People Mover so much. DD was not happy but we survived.

After potty breaks for all, we headed to the hub to check out the 11am stage show. DD kept saying she was hungry so we didn’t catch the entire thing. I got onto the app and mobile ordered lunch from Pinocchio Village Haus. I was glad I mobile ordered and it was getting BUSY. We could clearly see the holiday crowds were starting to arrive and I was glad it was our last day and not our first day.

beachta1

After lunch, DH took DD on the Speedway with a FP and I went and grabbed a milkshake at Auntie Gravity. I had never noticed the viewing area for the Speedway, and really enjoyed basically having the bleachers to myself. I think it was a peppermint milkshake and I tried to not eat too much of it before DH and DD got off the ride. Minus the smell of exhaust, its not a bad spot to get away from the crowds!

I really wanted to see the FOF parade, so we headed over to Frontierland to hopefully grab a good viewing spot. It was already started to get crowded but I was able to grab a spot. DD didn’t want to wait, so DH took her over to the playground area by Splash while I held down the fort for the viewing area. As the parade was about to begin, they came back and it was time for the show! I was really hoping DD would like the parade, but she did not. It was loud and probably just overwhelming. It was really crowded around us so we were basically stuck in our spot until it was over. I tried to get a few nice pics and make the most of it!

It was getting later and we decided to not rush back to POR to take the bus to MCO. We would take our time leaving MK and then just call an uber to the airport. I had grabbed a FP for the Tea Cups so DH took DD, then I took her with my FP. The wait time was maybe 25 minutes so crowds were really building at this point.

We walked through Tomorrowland, through some shops on Main Street and were going to make our way out. The wait to meet Mickey was maybe 15 minutes, so we decided, why not. I thought it’d be a good way to end the trip. I’m not sure if I miss talking Mickey, but I really think the queue and photo spot is super cute. I forgot to download the pics from this meet so you’ll have to take my word that it was a nice one :p

As we were walking out, we saw some plush Nightmare before Christmas characters!! DD was obsessed and we had looked all over the parks for them. We couldn’t find anything at World of Disney or Mouse Gears, so I assumed we were SIL. DD picked Jack in a Santa Suit to bring home. Getting to see Mickey on our way out AND getting a stuffed Jack was a double win. Final pics at the park:

We grabbed the bus back to POR, changed and freshened up and called an uber to the airport. We had enough time to grab dinner and not long after that, it was time to board. I love that its fairly easy to find an Uber with a carseat in Orlando!

The pilot was having issues with his radio so we were delayed in our seats almost 90 minutes before we left. DD was somehow really amazing through all of it. We got home much later than expected, but at least it was Saturday night and we had a whole day home to recuperate. Southwest sent us each $150 vouchers for the trouble. I have companion pass so I basically made money off the delay since DD flew for free.

It was a great trip and we can’t wait to go back!! Thanks to everyone for following along, offering tips and loving Disney as much as we do.

beachta1

Such a great report! That seems like a magical age for a little one to go. :)
Thank you for reading!! Yes, she was really into it! I'm hoping on the next trip she isn't as scared as the dark or some of the loud noises. I think when you're tired and overstimulated, everything can be a lot.