Free Dining Successes and Failures

Antimony1019

Online at 7 this morning I was able to modify our existing reservation to get the free dining, the woods view we had on our existing reservation was not available but they had the courtyard view so we did end up paying about $150 more than anticipated but it was worth it to get the free dining. Our existing package is from 29Oct-08Nov, we are now looking at 30Oct-09Nov to be able to go to both MNSSHP and MVMCP. In retrospect I should have called Disney weeks ago to modify the dates but I didn't, lesson learned there. If we can't get the modification I'll just drop the night of the 29th and we'll probably just stay at the hotel in MCO on the night of the 8th, not a huge deal as we wouldn't have gone to the parks on the 9th anyway.

crewsn

Success.

I was up at 5:30am this morning and was able to book completely new resevations online for both my parents and I. Apparently it went live at about 3-4 am this morning.

It was so nice to get the jump on things before most were up and nice to not have to spend time on the phone waiting like last year. I was a very happy camper with my disney experience this morning and how easy it was.

We are staying Nov. 15-23 at Pop with upgraded dining.

BeckyW

Success.

I was up at 5:30am this morning and was able to book completely new resevations online for both my parents and I. Apparently it went live at about 3-4 am this morning.

It was so nice to get the jump on things before most were up and nice to not have to spend time on the phone waiting like last year. I was a very happy camper with my disney experience this morning and how easy it was.

We are staying Nov. 15-23 at Pop with upgraded dining.

Nice!! :)

Mrs. Potts

Failure for me. I gave been trying to call since 6 am (CST) and actually got thru once. I held for 40 minutes and then got disconnected after about 30 seconds of talking to the CM. I can't book mine online because my family needs 2 rooms on one reservation due to our family size. From what I can tell, it really doesn't matter since there doesn't seem to be any availability for my dates anyway.

I'm frustrated and disappointed. I think it's ridiculous that Disney's system is unable to handle both phone and website volume.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Based on what I see here I am so glad we can leverage Florida resident discounts on room-only rates along with a TiW card. :RpS_smile:

Hunbunch

Mrs. Potts, the same thing happened to me... I have been at it since just before. 6:30 this morning....I was able to modify one clients reservations this morning, but the others wouldn't go through.., I have been on hold, got disconnected, talked to a person and they went to transfer me and I got disconnected...I have now been on hold for 1 hr and 40 min...hopefully someone will answer soon! Hang in there...

Mrs. Potts

Mrs. Potts, the same thing happened to me... I have been at it since just before. 6:30 this morning....I was able to modify one clients reservations this morning, but the others wouldn't go through.., I have been on hold, got disconnected, talked to a person and they went to transfer me and I got disconnected...I have now been on hold for 1 hr and 40 min...hopefully someone will answer soon! Hang in there...
I hope you are able to take of your client's reservations easily!

I think we're just going to go somewhere else for vacation. My husband agreed to go because it's an easy vacation for us, but I am ready to take a Disney break. I wouldn't mind visiting Universal or maybe we will stay closer to home like Branson or Chicago.

Momof8

I was on hold 2 hours and then on the phone with CM for an hour trying to get CBR. Only pirate rooms were option. They wouldn't apply discount to my standard view room. Sooo disappointed. The CM I talked to said she was only able to get 1/10 callers free dining that she'd try to help today!

vorhis3794

I called our travel agent at 8:30 am this morning to try and book. She said she see what she could do but the site was down and the phones were busy. She called back at 3:00 pm saying she still could not get through. I tried the website myself to book and had no issues around 3:30 pm. So we're booked 11/15 - 11/23 at Pop!

puffyjj

I had visited with my TA last week in anticipation that free dining would be offered and she would book for me as soon as it opened. Being a bit crazed, I looked as well and was able to get a standard room at Pop for my dates of October 25 - November 1st at around 8:30 this morning, central time. Soon after, my TA sent me an email that all she could get me was a standard at Music for $200 more than I paid for Pop. ?? After hearing everyone's drama, feeling pretty lucky.

kax

My TA couldn't get what I wanted for my dates, or her own, or another client's. She thinks something is screwy with their system, because she also wasn't able to apply a room-only discount.

I thought this was supposed to be a perk of having a Disney Visa -- access to discounts ahead of time. So much for that!

I am going to keep trying. I am set on the hotel that I want, but a discounted stay would be fine. It was coming close whether free dining would have been a better deal for us.

Overall though, frustrating.

Vhaz

I was able to book Pop standard view Oct 25- Nov 7 upgraded to the regular dining plan. I was planning to be up at 6am to book but thankfully a friend called at 4:30am to let me know it was up.

Stir

Hi, I'm new to this process and this has been a frustrating day! Newbie question: Will more rooms become available for the Free Dining, or is what sold out today all that will be offered? Thanks!

annie g

Hi, I'm new to this process and this has been a frustrating day! Newbie question: Will more rooms become available for the Free Dining, or is what sold out today all that will be offered? Thanks!
Welcome, I would think they would all be out. What resort did you want? The moderate resorts sold out early.

AmandaB

My TA was able to modify my existing reservation for Sep. 12th-20th at Pop, but I had to change from a Preferred room to a Standard room. I also of course had to add the hoppers. She spent a lot of time on hold and the system crashed on her as well. This evening she was on hold with a 99 min. expected wait time, but had everything confirmed in an hour. I feel super lucky that everything worked out. I would have liked the preferred room, but I will walk a little farther for almost $700 in savings!

Last edited:

Stir

I had an existing reservation at Coronado Springs, in a preferred room, but I guess that room was not a part of the offer. Disappointing!

aobrien

I can't even get through and I don't even want the free dining. I just want to add a day of tickets so I can make fastpasses.

alh2011

Failure. TA been trying to switch our package to free dining all day. The system has been down all day. Then the one time it did work it showed nothing available at any of the moderates. Very frustrated and disappointed. So much for that magical feeling. 😔