Free dining

annie g

Our plan is to fly in oct 1st, do universal the 2nd & check into Pop on the 3rd to 9th
So almost guaranteed the 3rd will be blacked out. sigh.

wondering now if I should reverse the order of that, and push universal to the end of the week.
I think I'm really going to struggle with leaving my happy place to go to Universal though
the other option is to stay at Pop the whole time and just go to Universal for a day without the early entry. Which doesn't seem optimal either since we're all about Harry Potter. What to do?
I would definitely check in the first and get free dining. You can do universal after.

crewsn

Question:

We typically have gone the entire week before Thanksgiving however with school and the date of the promotion falling on the 15th I am looking at the week after Thanksgiving now as well. My one big question though is this... Pop Warner. This usually occurs that first weekend in December. I know that this would have no true effect on crowds, but my big question is on how early do those coming for the event start arriving. If its just that weekend then I don't think it will bother me staying at Pop. However, if they start arriving Wednesday prior I may try to rework things.

Thanks if anyone has experience with this.

Availability for fall promos last year was slim. I expect to see the same this year... I'm actually surprised that they may be offering it. I was expecting not to see it at all. The frenzy has gone out of control. Remember, there is no such thing as "free." There will be other promotions at other points of the year which could possibly save you even more money.

annie g

Availability for fall promos last year was slim. I expect to see the same this year... I'm actually surprised that they may be offering it. I was expecting not to see it at all. The frenzy has gone out of control. Remember, there is no such thing as "free." There will be other promotions at other points of the year which could possibly save you even more money.
I don't think they start coming in till that weekend. I have been that week before and never had a problem with crowds. The resorts may have a little more traffic by Friday, but that would our last day anyway so I'm not really worried.

Couple questions for those who have booked this before.
Does the free dining just appear in the Special Offers section of Disney's website when it becomes available?
If you've already booked a Magic My Way package, can you change the package to add free dining on the website?
I've read about people booking as early as 3 or 4 AM online, but haven't been able to find a clear answer about changing an existing package online.
Thanks guys!

Vhaz

Couple questions for those who have booked this before.
Does the free dining just appear in the Special Offers section of Disney's website when it becomes available?
If you've already booked a Magic My Way package, can you change the package to add free dining on the website?
I've read about people booking as early as 3 or 4 AM online, but haven't been able to find a clear answer about changing an existing package online.
Thanks guys!
This is how I booked mine last year. A friend saw it up at about 4am she called and woke me up. I already had a package booked so I clicked "Change Reservation" then under "Standard Price Package" I clicked change and free dining was there. I was able to change it within minutes but I guess the site crashed later that day.

This is how I booked mine last year. A friend saw it up at about 4am she called and woke me up. I already had a package booked so I clicked "Change Reservation" then under "Standard Price Package" I clicked change and free dining was there. I was able to change it within minutes but I guess the site crashed later that day.
This is great info! Thanks! Except I think that functionality to change online might be gone now... I'm only seeing the phone number to call now. This is what mine looks like when I go to my reservations:

Anybody know for sure if that functionally has been completely removed?
Thanks again!

BeckyW

We probably won't know until there is an actual Promo available to update. I'm fairly certain you cannot change your dates via MDE. But if you're just updating your current "Standard Price Package" to one of the (soon to be released most likely but no one can be sure until Disney tells us) promos, then it should be available to do via the website.

We probably won't know until there is an actual Promo available to update. I'm fairly certain you cannot change your dates via MDE. But if you're just updating your current "Standard Price Package" to one of the (soon to be released most likely but no one can be sure until Disney tells us) promos, then it should be available to do via the website.
I hope so! Thanks!

Vhaz

This is great info! Thanks! Except I think that functionality to change online might be gone now... I'm only seeing the phone number to call now. This is what mine looks like when I go to my reservations:

Anybody know for sure if that functionally has been completely removed?
Thanks again!
I was able to do it this morning but sometimes MDE is buggy and I have to refresh a few times. I have also noticed that if I've called to make a change then my online access to change will disappear.

I was able to do it this morning but sometimes MDE is buggy and I have to refresh a few times. I have also noticed that if I've called to make a change then my online access to change will disappear.
Oh man... I already made one change to my package online. I wonder if that changes/removes online access too. Maybe something dumb like only your first change can be made online. I might just call and ask if that's the case and if they can flip my online access back on. Thanks for the information!

DisneyDanceMom73

If these dates hold up, looks like I'm going to miss Free Dining. If it means missing the crowds, I'm OK with that! LOL!

Has any percentage off of room dates been released yet?

Checked on my PC today. The change link is there! For some reason not on mobile site.

BeckyW

Yeah, Fastpasses are really the only thing that work better on the app. It's almost always best to update/change via the web.

When I click the link now, it just says no valid offers. If the rumors are true, sometime tomorrow when I click the link, free dining should just show up? I have a 6 night stay at Pop Century, 5 day park hopper tickets, beginning September 3.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd keep an eye on mousesavers.com. They will assuredly post when/if it becomes available.