Garden Grill breakfast

bonoriddic

Had breakfast at Garden Grill Friday 5/6 at 8 AM. We were the first to arrive at the restaurant, although by the time we left at 8:40 I would guess less than 15 families were present. We were seated just to the left of the opening where you check in. I strongly suggest if they attempt this with you to ask to be moved. This meant after 5 minutes we were back to the hostess stand as the characters all started to come by. You will have the 10 bored servers standing around the front in your pictures plus the morning sun will also be directly in your line of sight.

The good news is there was nobody there, so the characters all came around many more times. We repeated all pictures with them so I could have neutral backgrounds without glaring sun spots behind. It was so slow you pretty much could have visited with each character for 5 minutes each twice. The food was sufficient, and you could get whatever else you needed quickly. The breakfast cost is less than dinner, food is pretty good, and you will have near unlimited time with Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Mickey. It may be the best overall character meal option out there.

With Soaring closed, after breakfast you can ride the Land. My older son and I headed for Test Track and my wife and younger son went on the Land. I took the most direct route to Test Track which meant I crossed over the rope boundary at Innovations. If I had walked around the long way toward world showcase you could have gotten directly to Test Track ahead of everyone. We had to walk over with the rope drop crowd the way we went, but were still in the first grouping allowed into the design area. There were about 10 people already at Test Track from breakfast or tours.

Once Soaring is open again maybe this breakfast will be popular, but even now it seemed a great option.

Last edited:

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice review, thanks. I was there on Friday morning myself and we were actually the last out for breakfast I think. Characters came around multiple times. It will be interesting to see how popular this becomes with Soarin' reopening. My estimation is that it would provide a small advantage to that ride and obviously is more comfortable than standing out in the sun. But Soarin' is easy enough to ride from the main entrance, particularly with the extra capacity. We'll see.

dgsgc

Thanks for the review, this was on my list for our second breakfast. What is the chances of doing Soarin and TT without fast pass before the crowds arrive?

- dave

roball

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you
I have an 8:15 am reservation this August. If we arrive at 8:00am will they seat us right away like they do for other pre-park opening breakfasts?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review, this was on my list for our second breakfast. What is the chances of doing Soarin and TT without fast pass before the crowds arrive?

- dave
It remains to be seen I suppose how long it takes to do Soarin' with a new queue, pre-show, etc. But with the old ride, even with basically no wait, the whole process took 20-25 minutes. That would put you behind those headed in from the main entrance to Test Track. But it remains to be seen how many people head to Test Track first or bypass it on the way to Frozen.

dgsgc

Thanks josh, that's good to know. So I guess I need to see which FP is harder to get at 30 days and then do whichever one isn't possible to get after our breakfast.

- dave

dgsgc

Just read the blog entry on doing joy and sadness first thing. Do you think it would be possible to do soaring after breakfast and then still get to joy and sadness with minimal waits?

- dave

bonoriddic

I have an 8:15 am reservation this August. If we arrive at 8:00am will they seat us right away like they do for other pre-park opening breakfasts?
They will let you enter the park around 7:45 and will seat you as soon as you show up to the restaurant.

dgsgc

Firming up my plans now and Epcot is still the biggest unknown.

After breakfast would it better to do J&S plus baymax and then head back to soarin for hopefully a smallish wait. Or do soarin with no wait and then head over to the characters?

We have 2 days at Epcot so will do test track on day 2.

I'm leaning towards the characters first based on Josh's blog on this.

- dave

sherryw728

I am wondering the same thing. I also booked an 8am ADR at GG for our upcoming trip. I was planning to go to Soarin after breakfast, but now I'm wondering if we need to just go straight to meet J&S.

Lantana

Booked this breakfast after reading Josh's review. Never been and cannot wait to try it. Plan to ride Soarin' first thing, then FP for SE then Frozen FP b/w 11 and noon :RpS_thumbsup: