Garden Rocks (Flower and Garden concerts) experience/dining package

Excited to see Flock of Seagulls on 5/20 or 21. Never have done Garden Rocks before. Considering a dining package to make it easy to get good seats, no stress, etc. I get that it is probably "not worth it" value wise (the 3 of us don't need dessert) etc., but am willing to splurge for the convenience. My college age son is a musician/fan of 80s and 90s music and I thought this would be a great experience for our trip.

Anybody want to chime in on their Garden Rocks experiences, especially for a more popular (I am guessing) performer? I have no idea if people line up for these seats, if it is easy to stand and watch in the back with no seat, etc.

Happy to do dining package at England restaurant, but if there is absolutely no need, it would be nice to know! Would rather do this than wait an hour for a seat though.
Thanks!

lovett1979

Perhaps not comparable, and no clue if it will be offered at all, but for Candlelight Processional they offered a dining package at Regal Eagle that included a spot for the show. While you are still paying extra for your spot, it's overall a cheaper prospect and one that does not require a reservation. But I don't know if this will even be an option during Garden Rocks. It was not announced prior to the Candlelight shows first day. If it does get offered for the Disney on Broadway shows during Festival of the Arts (starts tomorrow), then I think one could assume it will be offered for Garden Rocks as well. If that interests you at all.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
We saw A Flock of Seagulls and Don Felder a few years ago. Both were good shows. As an FYI, their sets are pretty short. Felder cut out part of the Hotel California intro. I don't recall if Flock edited any songs for length. But they play their hits. Definitely a good time.

We didn't do a dining package. We walked in and found seats near the back of the venue. If you want to be close to the stage, arrive early.

In May/June, we get Thelma Houston. :RpS_unsure: I love live music, so we'll probably go, but man do I wish we picked a different week to go.

We saw A Flock of Seagulls and Don Felder a few years ago. Both were good shows. As an FYI, their sets are pretty short. Felder cut out part of the Hotel California intro. I don't recall if Flock edited any songs for length. But they play their hits. Definitely a good time.

We didn't do a dining package. We walked in and found seats near the back of the venue. If you want to be close to the stage, arrive early.

In May/June, we get Thelma Houston. :RpS_unsure: I love live music, so we'll probably go, but man do I wish we picked a different week to go.
Thanks! Helpful. And sorry for your bad luck. I am definitely pretty happy with how we made out. In fact we will be at DW for Ambrosia too. I am the only one of the 3 of us who knows who that is, but anyway, might be worth hopping from MK for. We love music too and rarely see anything live because I am way past the days of big concerts.
I figured sets were like 30 minutes. Again, not trying to plan a vacation around it, but in all our many trips, we have never done something like this. It is fun to have new experiences to look forward to this time around.

Perhaps not comparable, and no clue if it will be offered at all, but for Candlelight Processional they offered a dining package at Regal Eagle that included a spot for the show. While you are still paying extra for your spot, it's overall a cheaper prospect and one that does not require a reservation. But I don't know if this will even be an option during Garden Rocks. It was not announced prior to the Candlelight shows first day. If it does get offered for the Disney on Broadway shows during Festival of the Arts (starts tomorrow), then I think one could assume it will be offered for Garden Rocks as well. If that interests you at all.
I would definitely prefer that! We never "need" one app, one entree, one dessert pp so these kinds of things feel wasteful. I would much prefer the quick service option (even if it is the same type of ordering) and save the splurge for other times with more ordering flexibility. I guess the dilemma is, we may be out of luck day of. However, since Art V gave me hope that we can get a seat somewhere without too much trouble, it might be worth waiting to see. I will keep an eye on the fest of the arts as you suggested. Thanks!

So if for some reason there are no seats, can you still enjoy the show "standing room only?" Can't remember the area behind the seats from just walking by.

lovett1979

I would definitely prefer that! We never "need" one app, one entree, one dessert pp so these kinds of things feel wasteful. I would much prefer the quick service option (even if it is the same type of ordering) and save the splurge for other times with more ordering flexibility. I guess the dilemma is, we may be out of luck day of. However, since Art V gave me hope that we can get a seat somewhere without too much trouble, it might be worth waiting to see. I will keep an eye on the fest of the arts as you suggested. Thanks!

So if for some reason there are no seats, can you still enjoy the show "standing room only?" Can't remember the area behind the seats from just walking by.

The package was an entree (includes a side), drink, and dessert for $40. Watermelon is a dessert option, so you could order a mix of dessert-desserts and watermelon so you're not all completely stuffed.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I figured sets were like 30 minutes. Again, not trying to plan a vacation around it, but in all our many trips, we have never done something like this. It is fun to have new experiences to look forward to this time around.

The only one I planned to see was Don Felder. The others we've seen (Loverboy, Night Ranger, A Simple Plan are the three that I remember, but we've seen more) we were passing by as the shows had just started and found seats.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I remember after many years of *just missing them* we finally caught Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Food & Wine and we were SO excited except they literally played two songs and were done. It was so disappointing.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I remember after many years of *just missing them* we finally caught Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Food & Wine and we were SO excited except they literally played two songs and were done. It was so disappointing.

I've avoided seeing two of my favorite bands (Los Lobos and The Smithereens) when they've played the Epcot festivals for exactly this reason. I know the songs, I've seen them live multiple times, and I'd be let down to hear such a short set.

Two songs? I wonder how they get paid for that! That's terrible!

The package was an entree (includes a side), drink, and dessert for $40. Watermelon is a dessert option, so you could order a mix of dessert-desserts and watermelon so you're not all completely stuffed.
Thanks!
Right now looking at England package $58 pp for non-alcoholic drink, app, entree and dessert. Doesn't include tax or gratuity. So the Regal Eagle would be much more cost effective (like 100 bucks less). Was actually considering the harmonious dining package at England before this idea came along. Even more expensive, but probably more justified for someone like me who loathes trying to get and hold a fireworks spot!
We will see what happens.