Genie+ Starts 10/19

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Then there's the DL MaxPass strategy of monitoring return times on a headliner to book for after a midday resort break.
Yes. I love this G+ already. We’re leisurely park-goers, and this fits our touring style to a T.

bnoble

he's right
Then there's the DL MaxPass strategy of monitoring return times on a headliner to book for after a midday resort break.
I did this once or twice with paper FP: send the family back to the resort on the bus, and drive over to the park I am hopping to to pull FPs. That was *way* back in the day; I think at one point tickets had to be scanned into that park for that to work, so this predated that.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
1981 was a good year?

But I think that tweet was on my McDonald's conundrum I've brought up a few times. Like if you are there at a peak time and there are five resisters going and 15 people in line you will wait a short time as the fourth person in line. If you go during an off-peak time and there are two registers and ten people waiting. All of a sudden you are the 6th person in line, waiting longer to order and get your food. Which goes back to how peak times of year can end up being better for waits if you've got the extended hours and the people forget to show up. I still wouldn't go over Christmas o_O

George

1981 was a good year?

But I think that tweet was on my McDonald's conundrum I've brought up a few times. Like if you are there at a peak time and there are five resisters going and 15 people in line you will wait a short time as the fourth person in line. If you go during an off-peak time and there are two registers and ten people waiting. All of a sudden you are the 6th person in line, waiting longer to order and get your food. Which goes back to how peak times of year can end up being better for waits if you've got the extended hours and the people forget to show up. I still wouldn't go over Christmas o_O
I don’t get it. I don’t go to McDonald’s. :RpS_laugh:

George

Oh, the teeth-gnashing and breast-beating going on today among the Bloggers and readers over any glitch with the G+ rollout!

We got it today for HS and it worked out great. HS is going to be a tough one because the attractions are so limited that return windows are pretty far out by the time the late morning rolls around.

We did

RD MMRR
TSMM
Smugglers
LL Slinky
LL Star Tours
LL Swirling Saucers
11:20 Ogas Cantina
LL ToT
12:45 HBD
Frozen
LL Rockin

Leaving the park at 4 taking a break and heading to Epcot.

I do have to talk to the guest relations people because I booked a TT LL for what displayed as 7:15 pm but when I just checked it, it actually booked for 3:45. This is the second time it happened but I caught the first one before my window expired. That’s the only issue I’ve had with it.

Last edited:

lovett1979

We got it today for HS and it worked out great. HS is going to be a tough one because the attractions are so limited that return windows are pretty far out by the time the late morning rolls around.

We did

RD MMRR
TSMM
Smugglers
LL Slinky
LL Star Tours
LL Swirling Saucers
11:20 Ogas Cantina
LL TT
12:45 HBD
Frozen
LL Rockin

Leaving the park at 4 taking a break and heading to Epcot.

I do have to talk to the guest relations people because I booked a TT LL for what displayed as 7:15 pm but when I just checked it, it actually booked for 3:45. This is the second time it happened but I caught the first one before my window expired. That’s the only issue I’ve had with it.

A lot of criss-crossing the park, no? And did you try for Rise of the Resistance?

A lot of criss-crossing the park, no? And did you try for Rise of the Resistance?
Yeah the star tours to saucers was not ideal but we didn’t mind because we were going to end up going that way for Ogas. We were joes you a bit caught up in the moment and just did what we felt like doing at the time. If I had stopped to think about it, I would have gotten the saucers done then headed to star tours. But we were being “spontaneous.”

Rise ILL was available in the morning. But we decided against it today. It did sell out pretty early but I can’t tell you if it was before or after park opening.

BoSoxGal

Yeah the star tours to saucers was not ideal but we didn’t mind because we were going to end up going that way for Ogas. We were joes you a bit caught up in the moment and just did what we felt like doing at the time. If I had stopped to think about it, I would have gotten the saucers done then headed to star tours. But we were being “spontaneous.”

Rise ILL was available in the morning. But we decided against it today. It did sell out pretty early but I can’t tell you if it was before or after park opening.
Sounds like a productive day! How was RD for MMRR?

Sounds like a productive day! How was RD for MMRR?
Got there at 7:50ish with about 50 people in line already, which was new for us. They aren’t holding people at the Starbucks anymore (at least not today) and held people at individual lands. You were able to get right in line for railway. I think we waited for 1 preshow then were in.

Oh and an update: guest relations was awesome and got our TT LL sorted out and we got a new time. Then of course as we were about to tap in TT went down. Not meant to be today.

BoSoxGal

Got there at 7:50ish with about 50 people in line already, which was new for us. They aren’t holding people at the Starbucks anymore (at least not today) and held people at individual lands. You were able to get right in line for railway. I think we waited for 1 preshow then were in.
That’s great! DH and I are going to be there Saturday and I think we’ll try for that. Glad to hear guest relations was helpful too!

mack

We are currently planning on buying it for our second EP day because it lets us get a later start that morning and avoid rope drop. Plus I can theoretically walk into the park with 2 LL passes in hand by making a reservation at 7 and 9 AM.
According to Scott Gustin on Twitter, the 120 minute clock won't start until the park opens. So, it seems to me that the strategy is to get the earliest available LL so you can use it early and get the next one and so on and so on.
Bummer! I was actually thinking along the lies of the original post. Oh well, still glad we can do 7am.

Bummer! I was actually thinking along the lies of the original post. Oh well, still glad we can do 7am.
We actually decided not to buy it for EP and may just for the Frozen LL. It’s completely unnecessary at EP IMO and if we want to spend extra it’s going to be on Frozen for our daughter.