GiftCardDeal.com

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
I don’t have firsthand experience with this site, but I found out about this on a different Disney planning Group, and people vouch for its legitimacy. One caveat: it does take 30 days (sometimes a bit more) for them to be processed, and you might have to pester them around that time. But people have had success in getting these. It’s certainly a great deal.

16% off $1,000 GCs
11% off $500 GCs

GiftCardDeal.com

Micah008

Staff member
I have used CardCash before which seems to be a similar site. Be aware that you have to be very careful with these... as there are some people that will try to scam you through them too. It normally was fine, but just be careful.

In one experience I had bought a small card at a good discount (a small amount at Subway or something), confirmed it had the money on it when received, and then when I went to actually use the card later the money had been removed. They only guaranteed the balance for a certain number of days, but apparently someone else who previously had the card had recorded the numbers and then later did a transfer. In some cases you never actually get the card just the number, and someone else still has the physical card.

From there the only way I used this going forward was to either immediately use the card, or immediately transfer the funds to a different card. If anyone one does this deal that is what I would recommend too... get the money off the GC and transfer to a different card of your own just in case.

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
I have used CardCash before which seems to be a similar site. Be aware that you have to be very careful with these... as there are some people that will try to scam you through them too. It normally was fine, but just be careful.

In one experience I had bought a small card at a good discount (a small amount at Subway or something), confirmed it had the money on it when received, and then when I went to actually use the card later the money had been removed. They only guaranteed the balance for a certain number of days, but apparently someone else who previously had the card had recorded the numbers and then later did a transfer. In some cases you never actually get the card just the number, and someone else still has the physical card.

From there the only way I used this going forward was to either immediately use the card, or immediately transfer the funds to a different card. If anyone one does this deal that is what I would recommend too... get the money off the GC and transfer to a different card of your own just in case.
I always transfer my Disney (or Target, which I routinely buy and add to my Target app wallet) GCs.

Many sites, including this one, have a guarantee. But I don’t tempt fate by keeping the balance on the original card.

hizouse

I have bought from Gift Card Deal before, and I got my cards after 30 days--but I've stayed away since, convinced it's a scam that will eventually come crashing down. That may be happening now, as they're lately taking 35-45 days (I've also seen this in a facebook group) and only sending the cards after customers chat or email them, often multiple times. They claim to have the cards in stock, but you can tell when you look up the history on disneygiftcard.com that the card they send was purchased by them well after you sent in money. I would bet on a ponzi scheme, or else they think they're good enough investors that they put your money into the market for 30 days and come out ahead. If it's the latter, that would explain difficulties fulfilling orders lately.

They also offer a $50,000 investment opportunity in which they promise 15% ROI after 30 days, which is definitely something a legitimate business would do. They emailed their customers about this; I actually followed up out of curiosity. They claim it's an investment club; they've got an investment agreement that looks pretty decent, actually, but their explanation of how they make money involved mention of an algorithm and screenshots of crypto trades.

Sites like cardcash make money by buying cards at 80-85% from customers (not wholesale) and then selling them for more. GCD doesn't offer to buy cards and has a business plan no one has been able to figure out.

That said, I haven't heard of anyone not actually getting their cards, and I hope I am wrong, but there's enough warning signs here that I'm staying away.

bnoble

he's right
GCD doesn't offer to buy cards and has a business plan no one has been able to figure out.
I suspect they do, but not on a consumer level. Instead, I bet at least part of their business is a cash-out mechanism for the "grey market" where gift cards are used as currency.

And the 50K ROI thing sure does sound like a straight ponzi scheme, but then again so is crypto, arguably. So, basing it on crypto makes a certain amount of sense.

Micah008

Staff member
Sites like cardcash make money by buying cards at 80-85% from customers (not wholesale) and then selling them for more. GCD doesn't offer to buy cards and has a business plan no one has been able to figure out.
This is why I was ok using Card Cash in the past, since I knew there was an actual gift card out there I was purchasing, not a future one like it sounds like this site does. Thanks for the extra detail.