Going back to WDW after 6 years away

AggieAmy

My son’s high school marching band will be parading through MK during Spring Break. We are joining the rest of the free world who will be at WDW March 11-18. Our family hasn’t been to WDW since 2016. Back then, we were wildly successful because JOSH. We followed his plans for everything and had the most magical time!

Now it is all out of my hands. The tour agency planning for our band is purchasing our tickets so that we can be in the same parks as the students on the same days. But that means I have zero control. This does not bode well for our trip planning.

So… any recommendations on how to make the most of this situation? I feel totally lost skimming articles about the Genie… but I also can’t bear the thought of spending my days standing in lines.

Is all hope lost? I JUST WANT FP+ BACK <stupid Genie Lightning Plus Pass Systems>

Mrs Darling

Well the good news is it doesn’t really matter as much anymore which park on which day. People have been recommending some of the Tom Bricker articles on Genie & lightning lane. Will they let you know your park days so you can make adrs?

ThemeParkCommando

The basic plan of low lines at RD and near close, with longer lines starting around 10am, so plan accordingly, still work.

If you know what parks you are going to on which day, you can purchase G+ and make you LL bookings starting at 7am if you are staying on property, or park open time if you are not, then make another at 2+ hours after opening or after tap, and so on.

Make plans on what rides are your 'must do' for each park, and then you can plan around the RD ride, and adjust a bit once you have your first LL.
I found the G+ very worthwhile for skipping small lines. If you can use it to save 15 minutes at 4 rides, that's an hour of your time you have back.

AggieAmy

I’ve read about G+ and LL.
I’m trying to get answers on park days. I’ve been told that they have put in requests to Disney but have to wait for a parade assignment.
Staying positive and trying to adjust expectations!
Thanks for the help!

smwisc

I’ve read about G+ and LL.
I’m trying to get answers on park days. I’ve been told that they have put in requests to Disney but have to wait for a parade assignment.
Staying positive and trying to adjust expectations!
Thanks for the help!
Wow, I wonder if it's always that last-minute? My daughter's marching band has a trip scheduled for this summer, and they put out a tentative agenda but said it could change based on when/where they march. I was hoping that would happen relatively soon - I'm thinking about going down just myself for a quick trip so I can't really book anything until I know for sure which day.

AggieAmy

They did tell us that they typically assign parades about 8 weeks out. That feels very last minute considering Disney planning timelines!