Hardest FPs to get - across the parks

Mewissy

I know that I can check the cheat sheets for the most important FPs to get for each park, but what about in total (across the parks)?

We will be in Disney for 10 days at the end of September 2020 and I just started laying out my days and have a lot of flexibility in which parks we visit each day. I was thinking of considering the hardest FPs in my schedule so I visit those parks later in the trip so I have the best chance to get them.

Last time I went, FoP was the hardest and Mine Train was hard as well. Is that still the case? What about the new additions at HS?

bnoble

he's right
I used theDibb's tool to figure this out. Very handy.
Right now, looks like either SDD or FoP. I confess I'm amazed at SDD's staying power.

BDUB32

We have 4 day tickets and are staying a Disney Springs hotel, so we could book FP+ 60 days out for our 2/29-3/3 trip, which "should" be a little lower than normal crowds. At exactly 7:00 am Eastern on 12/31, I was not able to find SDD on any dates, and FoP ONLY at 1:40PM on our departure date (will be tight to the airport, but I took it and have kept it).

IF / WHEN HS moves to 7:00 am open for early March, I'm going to try like hell to get that SDD lined up, but I'll have to be on my game / very lucky get get it for 5 riders or even 3 and 2. No promises, I'm sure.

Just my two cents as someone who has "recently" done this.

Thanks,

BDUB32

amk3

What it seems like to me:
  1. FoP (gone 60-65 days prior)
  2. SDD (gone 60-65 days prior, sometimes added back as hours changes)
  3. 7D (gone 60 days prior, sometimes added back as hour changes & a few come on now & then as plans change)
  4. RJ (gone 30 days from today; afternoons only 31 days from today)
  5. KS (gone 29 days from today; afternoons only 30 days from today)
  6. Frozen & Test Track? (TT is closed for the next few weeks so I can't check it, & it could be throwing off Frozen)
  7. Gone or limited 20 days out: EE, Dino, PP, BTMRR, Space, Splash? (Splash is also closed), maybe KRR if it's hot.

amk3

... so for your purposes, with September crowds, you're probably good as long as FoP / SDD / 7D are in the middle or end of your trip, and then you don't really have to worry about anything else except if one of the new rides or GE moves to FP.

For me, we're staying offsite and I'd almost convinced myself to pay for a campsite. Now, seeing how often FoP is booked even 62 days out, I'm going to do what we did last time and get in line at closing time. And I won't bother trying 7D or SDD 30 days out but look later instead.

Anne

I just booked this morning for March.
1. SDD
2. FoP
3. Mine train
4. Star Tours (because it's the only tier 2 ride at HS right now)
Everything else was fine at 60 days.

There are no FP being offered yet for any of the 3 new rides at HS.

BDUB32

I just booked this morning for March.
1. SDD
2. FoP
3. Mine train
4. Star Tours (because it's the only tier 2 ride at HS right now)
Everything else was fine at 60 days.

There are no FP being offered yet for any of the 3 new rides at HS.
What day of your trip were these available? Right at 60 or more like 64, 65?

Thanks,

BDUB32

Anne

What day of your trip were these available? Right at 60 or more like 64, 65?

Thanks,

BDUB32
Star tours wasn't available morning at day 60 but was afternoon

Mine train 61 days

FoP late day at 61 days, nothing at 60

Slinky was noon or later 64 days. Nothing 60-63.

nolarookie

Checking, refreshing and being flexible can help. I was able to book 4 mine train FPs at 29 days. Time isn’t ideal, but I can work with it.

dgsgc

Thanks for 60+ day info, been toying with the idea of booking a Disney hotel for 1 night in the middle of our trip just to get SDD but doesn’t seem like 60+1 will be enough.

We’re going in late August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anne

All the HS stuff will probably be different now that star wars and MMRR have FP.

bnoble

he's right
Thanks for 60+ day info, been toying with the idea of booking a Disney hotel for 1 night in the middle of our trip just to get SDD but doesn’t seem like 60+1 will be enough.
I think this is right. And, it illustrates how unimportant the 60-day window, by itself, really is. Most attractions are easy to get at 30 days. Most of the handful that aren't also aren't easy to get at 60, and require a *longer* onsite stay than is probably average. I suspect the difference between an onside and offsite stay in terms of the overall vacation experience is quite small. Will you miss a handful of attractions? Maybe---but those can also be rope-dropped or ridden last thing at night.

dgsgc

That’s what I am seeing, everything bar FOP, SDD, SDMT, MFDM and MMRR are available at 30 days with good times.

Anne

And with extension of park hours 2-4 weeks in advance it's often possible to pick those up too.

dgsgc

Is 2-4 weeks the standard time frame for hour changes? Definitely something to keep an eye on. Thanks.

Does anyone else secretly enjoy the planning more than the holiday...

WasowskiHero

Can I just check please:

Disney hotel guests can book Fastpass 60 days in advance - so does this mean if somebody is arriving on the May 1st, for 7days, they can book FastPass for the whole trip from March 1st?

When you say FoP for example was all gone more than 60 days in advance, this is the reason?
So more chance at the end of a trip rather than the first day?

Anne

3/2 is 60 days advance for check in 5/1 (31 days in March). But otherwise yes, all you mentioned is correct.

Anne

Is 2-4 weeks the standard time frame for hour changes?

I don't think there is a standard anymore. The last few times it's been 2-4 week advance. But now they're making some changes already for some parks march and april. And they will probably continue to make changes for those dates. They don't seem to make all the changes at once.

WasowskiHero

3/2 is 60 days advance for check in 5/1 (31 days in March). But otherwise yes, all you mentioned is correct.
Haha don’t worry about my bad math, I’m not going till Fall but wanted to make sure I was correct in my thinking! Thank you!