Help getting started

Walkentall78

I’m sorry if i’m missing this information elsewhere, but is there a guide to how best to use this site? I am a former Tourguide Mike acolyte, and I haven’t been to WDW since 2013. Mostly I’m trying to figure out which days to go to which park, and from there which rides order to follow. I apologize if I’m just missing this resource somewhere!

Micah008

As far as Crowd Calendars, Josh is no longer creating them. For the exact reasons why search "crowd calendar" and you will find multiple threads.

Here is a post from him directly:

beachta1

I’m sorry if i’m missing this information elsewhere, but is there a guide to how best to use this site? I am a former Tourguide Mike acolyte, and I haven’t been to WDW since 2013. Mostly I’m trying to figure out which days to go to which park, and from there which rides order to follow. I apologize if I’m just missing this resource somewhere!
We're here to help on the boards too if you have questions!

Disneyfan

As far as which parks to visit on which days, the general thinking now days is just to have a good plan. Josh's Cheat Sheets are very helpful in planning the order of the rides. WDW is always crowded, so having a plan is important.

An early lunch is still a good idea. I have used the relatively new mobile food ordering which is helpful.

People still have different opinions on EMH. I still try to avoid them as advised in the past and for the same reasons. The one EMH morning that I do use is at AK. I love love love FoP. I arrive at AK crazy early on an EMH morning, ride FoP, head over to EE for a couple rides, then maybe ride Dinosaur, FP Kilimanjaro, and use a FP for a second ride on FoP later in the day. After lunch and maybe a show, we leave for a break and a do a 4th or 5th FP search.

I do have a confession. I really miss TGM's red, yellow, green system on which park to visit. And Josh had great Crowd Calendars that I miss. So I have looked at other various crowd calendars on the internet. I even pay for one - even now - even though I know better. They really are not much help any more.

Honestly, the crowd calendars can semi guide someone on when to travel, but Disney is crowded 98% of the time now. Between all the runDisney events, festivals, cheerleading/dance competitions and volleyball/baseball tournaments- the pockets of average crowds are dwindling. Just be prepared regardless of when you go and as long as you have a plan of attack, you'll be fine. I now only do the AK EMH and visit the MK on Studio EMH. Seems to work best for us.