Help me pick please

aimes0105

We have an afternoon flight home so our last morning I'd like to do a late breakfast and check out Christmas decorations. I'm currently holding onto both a Boma and Cape May reservation and I want to release the one we won't use so someone else can get it. I just can't decide, I'd like to see both resorts and their decorations and both meals sound good to me, we're on the dining plan so cost isn't an issue. We're staying at AoA so I know getting to either of them will be less than ideal but neither one really beats the other in that regard either. I'm also trying to get a Minnie's Holiday Dine reservation so if I can score that one, the characters would possibly be redundant but I'm not sure that bothers me anyway. Any thoughts?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
One positive of doing the Beach Club is that you would likely have time to do the BoardWalk and Yacht Club (and potentially Swan/Dolphin if you had interest). I'm assuming you're doing the monorail resort decorations separately, but if not, having breakfast at one of those would make it easy to hop on and off the monorail and then get on a bus back to Art of Animation. I'd rank Animal Kingdom's decorations somewhat low otherwise I think. They have the big tree but that should pretty much be it?

aimes0105

Thanks, I knew getting opinions would help me think about it differently. We are planning a monorail resort tour one afternoon so we'll definitely see those. I guess I was also counting watching animals as part of AKL's draw (short trip means we're skipping AK) plus I've never seen the resort but I did think there was more in the way of decorations there too so that's good to know. I really appreciate all of your help and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks ;)

That's true about Animal Kingdom Lodge otherwise - beautiful resort with a lot to do even if you're just visiting. One other thing to consider on the animal front this time of year is the weather. If it's below 70 degrees there probably won't be much out there to see.

annie g

We just did cape May. It by far exceeded my expectations. The character interaction was wonder. We were most impressed with the food. It may one of the best breakfast I have ever had. I wasn't expecting that with a buffet, but everything was so fresh. We also really enjoyed walking around the beach club by the water afterwards.

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
Thanks ;)

That's true about Animal Kingdom Lodge otherwise - beautiful resort with a lot to do even if you're just visiting. One other thing to consider on the animal front this time of year is the weather. If it's below 70 degrees there probably won't be much out there to see.

What are the things to do when just visiting besides seeing the animals?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Admittedly, a lot of it is looking at the animals in the various savannas as well as all of the artifacts, artwork, etc. around the lobby. It's a vast space with a lot of nooks and crannies. Here's the November activities calendar on top of it.

qE21KnS.jpg

tDdiE1W.jpg

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
Whoa.. Thanks Josh! Just wondering cause we might be there for an ADR in March.