Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they're annoying. And detract from my beautiful, professional, perfect photos!!!

selena1075

This thread had me angry for you and laughing (at everyone's humor not the situation) at the same time...oh and afraid of Brenda! So, does this person still have any videos up? I clicked on the most recent link and it said it had been taken down.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I think they still have their Halloween ones up. I did send a response to her again last night saying that I did not appreciate her calling me an idiot or stupid on a public forum without giving me the opportunity to defend myself. And that the images that I pointed out had nothing to do with cropping (sorry but a shadow, a flag, a bin of antenna's where even the tags are all in the exact same position are not a coincidence and are not a cropping thing!!) She did a good job in 98% of the photos of using things that her "anyone could have taken that picture" argument could be made but those 2% just don't fly.....and you can't argue with the facts!!!

Opps......I take that back.....apparently she couldn't handle the pressure of YouTube and being called out: http://www.youtube.com/oops?ytsession=gTAsJEAtheinqRqCTLE7dObw4n49diJW0-_WnZq371FNrJ4Vh9RT2vV5dgsPua-wJoGLozqLPi3AUcPBAjlxyBjf4_HedvVOeXW_sIvj5EHwqCyr_2h-qos40OvfXbxyndI5fMMrSD5O3EG_zV-i4fIBflUKXtkBnyf9JWOQbd2FtmZTKD0iVfB762ZBtij-uLcQgL_CuzILxHsThWM6rVCrgvy95YbklZ5VYwibxPf90GSclUZywZu0Zgjp6w7M59XrcUddgwONUWaRtA1mZeiVC_wT7xWMoJEV0lWybnfIUCCWbuF8NiGeMPGKOw47_a98dD87htNrk22i3eoF1Q

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Wow! Not just the videos, she shut down everything and moved out of town in the dark of night. Cool!

And I was all ready for today's installment.... guess I'll have to find my entertainment elsewhere.

Good job Josh and Brenda.

blyday

I noticed when I looked at her linked blog, she had only started that last month too. Weird.
Yeah.....I noticed that too. I think that her great plan was to draw people to her new site with these YouTube videos but she never thought that anyone would call her out on the stolen pictures. I'm sure she thought that she'd get away with it but it didn't work and she just couldn't handle it. It's kind of sad. I mean, she did a nice job of putting the pictures together....it's just too bad that she couldn't simply take her own pictures to make it happen.

Jay

I have used http://www.digimarc.com/ in the past. The watermark is not visible and cannot be cropped out. They also have a tracking service so you can see where your photos are being used although it has limitations.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
So, did she close her crappy little google-ad-heavy blog also? I can't remember what the address was.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I think this might have been an aggregate site - something that's been around forever, but this iteration seems to be a bit of a new twist on the deal. Basically, they try to drive traffic to a site just to get Google ad revenue - you know like when you accidentally type in dinsey.com instead of disney.com and you end up at a page that has all sorts of links but it looks cheesy and suspicious?

I believe that if it had just been one person who was trying to make a few dollars in adsense revenue, they probably would have stuck to their guns and just removed the offending material, but not completely disappeared.

Since they up and ran at the first sign of resistance, it's looking more like some sweatshop in Russia that's just sucking up photos from all over the web, smoshing them together into videos, making a blogger site and a Youtube site and then adding Google ads to generate cash.

And yea, they'll probably just pop up again under a different name :RpS_sneaky:

bnoble

he's right
She obviously can't handle criticism and she obviously thought that she'd get away with things, etc.
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
-N. Bonaparte

It's just as likely (and perhaps more so) that she didn't actually understand copyright law. Many folks think that if you find something on the Internet, and it is free-as-in-beer, it must also be free-as-in-speech. Many others think that if you create something new out of something that exists, the "new" thing doesn't violate copyright of the "existing" thing.

blyday

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
-N. Bonaparte

It's just as likely (and perhaps more so) that she didn't actually understand copyright law. Many folks think that if you find something on the Internet, and it is free-as-in-beer, it must also be free-as-in-speech. Many others think that if you create something new out of something that exists, the "new" thing doesn't violate copyright of the "existing" thing.
I would totally buy that if her immediate response wasn't "I took the pictures and they just happen to look like identical to his." That tells me that she knew what she was doing.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
I would totally buy that if her immediate response wasn't "I took the pictures and they just happen to look like identical to his." That tells me that she knew what she was doing.
Exactly. If her response would have been "Oh I am so sorry. I didn't realize I was breaking any laws/rules. I'll take them down." I could see the whole not understanding the copyright stuff. But she claimed she took the photos and basically called Brenda an idiot. She knew exactly what she was doing was wrong.

Ann

bnoble

he's right
That tells me that she knew what she was doing.
Not necessarily. It could also tell you she did not react well to discovering that what she was doing was something she couldn't do and was looking for a way out. Remember, it looks like she also got a DMCA takedown for the music.

It's always wise to not read too much *intent* into someone's actions. You could well be right. But, you could also be wrong.

F

Fireflies

It's always wise to not read too much *intent* into someone's actions. You could well be right. But, you could also be wrong.
SUCH a good point, bnoble. Wasn't this issue resolved to Josh's satisfaction?

jandeeah

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla!
I am gone with a stomach bug for 2 days and I miss all this fun!!! Brenda you are to be feared!!! (I am glad you did not come after me when I posted the link to the easyWDW pins-I still feel bad about that)
Glad it all worked out in the end Josh!

blyday

I am gone with a stomach bug for 2 days and I miss all this fun!!! Brenda you are to be feared!!! (I am glad you did not come after me when I posted the link to the easyWDW pins-I still feel bad about that)
Glad it all worked out in the end Josh!
lol....when Josh asked pointed out that he didn't like his logo being used without permission, you apologized and removed it. If this person had responded with an "oh, I didn't realize it....I'm sorry." I wouldn't have gotten so upset.

Not necessarily. It could also tell you she did not react well to discovering that what she was doing was something she couldn't do and was looking for a way out. Remember, it looks like she also got a DMCA takedown for the music.

I are right....to a point. I still think that fact that she was extremely careful not to use pictures with people in them or the one's with Josh's hand, etc that could be easy identified as not being hers or here reply to Josh to prove which pictures where his, etc does show intend....but I will concede that I don't know this for sure so judging is wrong. For me, the personal attacks especially in public without giving me any way to defend myself just made me very mad. It was beyond unprofessional.