Holy Crap! Gator drags child into water near Disney's Grand Floridian

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.html

Deputies are searching for a young child who was dragged into the water by an alligator near Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The 2-year-old child was dragged into the Seven Seas Lagoon about 9:30 p.m., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Rose Silva said.

Deputies are searching the waters and put crime-scene tape around the water.

Silva said the child has not been found.

The hotel is an upscale luxury resort owned by Disney. It is one of three hotels on the monorail line, just one stop away from the Magic Kingdom Park.

The child's name was not available.

It was not clear if the child or his family were guests at the hotel.

No other details were immediately available.

Check back for updates to this breaking news story.

cdmurphy727

So sad! I've wondered if there were any measures to keep alligators out of those waters around the resort. I guess it's probably impossible to ensure they are all kept out.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Impossible, yes. And there are lots of warning signs everywhere on beaches. People forget that these are real, living bodies of water.

texhanddoc

won't let you order a nice scotch
That is just terrible. I just read that. I cant imagine the horror. It was 9:30pm, just between the electrical water parade thing and Wishes.

DisneySmiles

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine the poor parents. I've seen a few reports that the dad tried to go in and wrestle the gator to get the child back. So horrific!

Anne

How unbelievably terrible for the family! I just cannot even fathom what they must be going through.

Abbyar

That poor father. It's 4 am here and I'm just seeing the news now. CNN reports they're visiting from Nebraska. It's so very sad.

BoSoxGal

OMG. My mom just texted me about this. We are taking our 2 year old in December - I can't even imagine how incredibly scary and awful this is for the family.

J

JulieHFJ

What a nightmare! I hope the divers on search and rescue return safely. The lagoon is connected to other waterways, so it's impossible to keep alligator-free.