How Close To Your Next Trip Are You?

BSS

21 days! If all goes to plan, 3 weeks from right now we should be strolling up Main Street USA.

mgarbowski

Eleven months to the day. I just booked a stay at our DVC home resort starting August 11, 2019. It kind of caught me off-guard and I almost missed it. Overall it will have been 18-months between visits, which is, for us, very much on the long side.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Eleven months to the day. I just booked a stay at our DVC home resort starting August 11, 2019. It kind of caught me off-guard and I almost missed it. Overall it will have been 18-months between visits, which is, for us, very much on the long side.
We’re skipping our Fall trip this year (and it’s driving me nuts), but Spring at PVB is booked!

To make up for the missed Fall trip, we have a long weekend at VGC planned for early December.

BoSoxGal

We’re skipping our Fall trip this year (and it’s driving me nuts), but Spring at PVB is booked!

To make up for the missed Fall trip, we have a long weekend at VGC planned for early December.
I can't wait to stay at VGC next week!!! Any recommendations are very welcome!

est71

We have our third trip planned for Aug 2019! We used a time share exchange and stayed off site. It worked out really nice doing it this way. It's more affordable and we have a ton of space with washer/dryer and kitchen. I added two extra days on the trip and we'll spend those on campus. We'll have some bubble and some space :)

Someday, in a few years.

Unfortunately, their health has declined so they will not make it back and since I am their primary care giver it won’t be until they have passed that I would feel comfortable going again.
We went to Universal this past April for an engagement celebration for my son and future daughter-in-law. We relied on my siblings helping Mom and Dad and that really didn’t work out so we won’t try that again.
I don’t think I would want to go without my parents after the two amazing trips we had together.
It’s funny how your priorities change as you age.
Off topic but wanted to add my support of your responsibilities. As primary caretaker to my MIL who passed, as well as her older sister (still with us :) it is privilege to care for loved ones as well as really, really, tough.

I want to encourage you to find respite care you trust. We take the family vaco all together, but every other year WDW gives me the opportunity to focus just on hubs and the kids because the journey is just too much for her. It forces me to let go for a week and let someone else be the lifeguard. It took a while to get a support community in place. TBH, I was grateful to have it when my mom's health failed. I was able to be present for her. It was a patchwork of care but the safety net held.

On a happy note, congratulations on the wedding!!! A very exciting time for all :)

We decided while were at WDW this past fall that we wouldn't go again till 2020, probably in January-February. We've been a lot and just don't get as much out of our trips any more, so we were going to take a little break. But life has a funny way of changing things up. My husband got a job in the Tampa-ish area, and we'll probably be moved down there in the next month or so. It will still be a little while before we venture to WDW, I imagine. We'll need to find a house to buy and explore more local fun stuff. But it's definitely not going to be 2020 before we get there.

Our 20th anniversary is this June, so I'm tentatively planning a trip for just my husband and me in the late winter/early spring. We want to go when the weather is nice and the parks aren't so crowded. We've been staying in rental houses for past many years, since we have 6 children, and we do really like that for our family vacations, but this time we're going to stay in a deluxe that we couldn't afford if we had to get two rooms. I'm hoping we'll be able to go when there's an after hours event planned.

nolarookie

We decided while were at WDW this past fall that we wouldn't go again till 2020, probably in January-February. We've been a lot and just don't get as much out of our trips any more, so we were going to take a little break. But life has a funny way of changing things up. My husband got a job in the Tampa-ish area, and we'll probably be moved down there in the next month or so. It will still be a little while before we venture to WDW, I imagine. We'll need to find a house to buy and explore more local fun stuff. But it's definitely not going to be 2020 before we get there.

Our 20th anniversary is this June, so I'm tentatively planning a trip for just my husband and me in the late winter/early spring. We want to go when the weather is nice and the parks aren't so crowded. We've been staying in rental houses for past many years, since we have 6 children, and we do really like that for our family vacations, but this time we're going to stay in a deluxe that we couldn't afford if we had to get two rooms. I'm hoping we'll be able to go when there's an after hours event planned.
WDW is really a day trip from the Tampa area. I have some college friends who lived in the Tampa-ish area, and their kids do field trips to WDW.

WDW is really a day trip from the Tampa area. I have some college friends who lived in the Tampa-ish area, and their kids do field trips to WDW.
It is a day trip and we're excited about that! But we probably won't make that trip until we get APs, and since there are 8 of us, even the Florida resident APs are a big chunk of change. Right now we're telling them to get used to the idea that we're going to be exploring local beaches, museums, etc. before we go to WDW again, but in reality, it probably won't be that long. We already have friends and family saying they want to visit us and have us take them to WDW. That's the kind of sacrifice we're willing to make for the people we love, LOL.

Just 3 days away but boy did I time this one wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Sorry about that weather :( We went right before Labor Day in 2016 and it rained most of our trip. You can still have a great time by making a few adjustments to your touring plan. This hurricane is more worrying than what we experienced tho.

Do you have the option to delay your trip? WDW itself will let you change your dates in an event like this with high probability of hurricane coinciding with your stay. That's the easier part. Changing flight tickets and rescheduling vacation time at work may be more difficult but worth looking into if you'd rather delay the trip over weather.

Momof8

DD is doing DCP program this fall so I have a couple trips to see her! Going with BFF and my 13yo dd in Oct and then with my DH in Nov. I bought an AP before taking her down in Aug so gotta be a good mom and visit her AND make the most of my AP. We also have a trip end of Januray for dh's convention. Thank goodness for Southwest miles. I've only had to purchase two tickets from Ohio. I need another job LOL for $$ but need to quit a job so i can have more time to go.

Rhody123

A week from today!! But who's counting? I'm going on for a week with 6 women. Staying at one of their DVC at BLT. So the room cost me $200 and my flight was bought with SW points. The only big expenses are a park hopper and food. I haven't been in 3 years and can't wait!

How Close To Your Next Trip Are You?

Ummm, just the $200 deposit so far on a $5k trip this December. But we have 2 big construction jobs in Sept/Oct to fund the balance.
If one job falls thru? *cry*

capeokw56

We are 80 and 129 days away. Owning DVC allows us to do 3 one week trips per year, although this year we are skipping the third week and banking those points into next year. This will get us a bigger villa next Thanksgiving so that our adult children, DS and his DGF, DD, DSiL and our now 1 yo DGS, can all go together. Can't wait for DGS to meet Mickey for the first time!