How do I change my user name?

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
Is this possible? I want it to just be my first name. Not feeling the "Bookmommy" right now.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
There is already a user with the name "Liz," but I can try something else if you have another idea.

LizD

Thanks! How about LizD or second choice LizDV. :)

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, sorry I didn't notice this earlier. If anyone else wants to change their username, you can post here or shoot me a private message.

LizD

Yes, I thought of that too. I figured that even w/ a new name my avatar will clue people in that it's still me. Actually, I bet as long as I keep the same avatar it's possible nobody will even notice the new name. ;)

Not That Josh

I get your desire to change. I don't think I have ever liked any name that I have come up with for anything (forums, email address, etc.). I just assume it's my lack of creativity and it has never really bothered me.

I agree with keeping the avatar since it's the first thing you notice anyway.

adrienne a

Josh, can I change my username too? There seems to be another Adrienne posting comments. How about adrienne a? Thank you!

NorahS

Liz, don't change your avatar, I'll think you're some newbie!
It's also a good idea to put something like: "LizD - formerly known as Bookmommy" in your signature for a week or 2. Then the username change reminder will appear below each post you make for awhile, helping to fix the username change in people's heads.

made2worship

Josh, can you change my username from made2worship00 to just made2worship? That was an oversight when I was just getting started...

mgarbowski

The advantage of an uncommon last name, no need for anonymity, and no impulse towards creativity-in-naming, is that I have been able to get the same user name in almost every conceivable online forum: google, twitter, facebook, instagram, countless fora, many lesser social media outlets, etc. I think the only place I couldn't get my choice was My Fitness Pal, where I just put the "m" at the end.