How to make FP if some in group won't buy tickets til at the gate?

scyankeerose

We are a family of 5 going to WDW Dec 19 -26, 2020. We have been to the world many times but have never had this issue come up. One of our grown children will be meeting us in Florida and is planning on purchasing park passes when we go to the first park. I will be making any FP's 30 days out (we stay in a condo off property). Can we add her ticket to our FP's?

paxsarah

Because you all have so much time to plan, is there a way for her to save up to be able to purchase a ticket in Oct/Nov and get that into MDE for you to make her fastpasses?

hizouse

I am having difficulty conceiving why a person would want to buy tickets at the gate when they know this far in advance that they will be going. Even if money is extremely tight, tickets are $20+ cheaper when purchased in advance online from Disney, with slightly better discounts available from Undercover Tourist or other brokers. Can you loan the money? You can even charge interest for the difference for the price you'd pay in November compared to the gate price in December.

nolarookie

Maybe since you’re
My daughter is in the service, because of this her time off can change at any moment.
Since you’re staying offsite and booking FPs at 30 days, you could purchase her ticket at that time to book your FPs all together. You may have a better idea about her leave situation at just 30 days out. I know it’s still a risk as tickets are non-refundable, but you could change the date. If she wasn’t able to go, I would probably call Disney and explain the situation. Maybe they will refund the ticket or accommodate you in some other way, such as a gift card or something. I don’t know if they’ll do anything, but it would be worth a try.

annie415

Maybe I am wrong but if she does not used the tickets, they do not expire right? She could used them at another time. From Josh post, one day before Fastpass are not that hard to get for one person. Even day off is not that hard for one person. I wouldn’t stress too much. I am sure would still have a great time. In addition, single rider could be used as well. Dont they have military ticket also? Maybe those are refundable?

scyankeerose

Hi everyone, and thank you for your responses. I think we will just have her use single rider, or one of us will. We would love to buy her ticket now, but we don't want to be stuck with a ticket we won't be using if she is unable to be with us. Once again thank you for your responses.

D

Deleted member 832

Hi everyone, and thank you for your responses. I think we will just have her use single rider, or one of us will. We would love to buy her ticket now, but we don't want to be stuck with a ticket we won't be using if she is unable to be with us. Once again thank you for your responses.
Only Single rider lines at Disney are TT, EE, RnR and Smugglers run) and RnR is useless, typically longer waits than stand by (they even have a sign warning you of this)
So that's not an option at Disney quite honestly

scyankeerose

Military gets a highly discounted ticket. And it can never expire. Why not buy that?
Military also know their leave at 30 days on most cases.
Would love to get the military ticket, problem is, if she isn't with us, she's not going to use it. She isn't a huge Disney fan and is only going because the family will be there. We decided to just wing it, what we get to do, we will enjoy, what we miss, God willing we will get to do another time.

hizouse

My daughter is in the service, because of this her time off can change at any moment.
Ah, sorry for not thinking of something like that, and thank you to your daughter and your family for your service.

I might try approaching the CM manning the FP+ entrance at an attraction and saying something like, "hey, we only have 4 fastpasses because my daughter here couldn't get her leave from the [service branch] confirmed until last week, after all the FP+ for this time were gone, can she please ride with us?" I wouldn't count on it, but it doesn't hurt trying.

deedee73

You could also try the same approach with guest services or your hotel management. They have the ability to issue her FPs that have no time restrictions and then she would be able to ride with you & the family. Definitely would not hurt to ask. Ask for some pixie dust and hopefully they can help you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RMmom

We bought 5 tickets for our last WDW trip, but hubby walked out and we only needed 4. Guest Services gave us the full amount of the park ticket in a Disney gift card and we used that to have meals and buy souvenirs throughout the week. In case you decide to buy the ticket and she is unavailable to go...

Anne

I've been booking FP for my parents on a rolling basis 2 days in advance (they have AP and are off site but already had days of FP booked for March so they can only have 2 days at a time in feb).

It's going really well! The only thing I haven't been able to get is slinky (one FP for 1 person showed up one time in 30 minutes of refreshing day of sunday), FoP, or Mine train. Limited times for FEA and lots of Soarin options have come up (that's with test track under refurbishment). Easily got Navi River Journey. So I would say as long as you are willing to spend 30 minutes the night before/morning of lots will come up with refreshing as people's plans change.