HS 8/27, is character palooza still a thing?

nursepaula

It will be our last day at the parks, we check out of WH the next morning.
Late arrival with FP+ at TSMM, Star Tours and ToT. ADR at MM 2:40 for F! Dining package and other priority is Star Wars character meets- planning on the Visa meet if that saves time.

So... How late in the day can we arrive to make this work? And is character palooza still a thing? Is there a usual time it happens on Saturdays or does it change from week to week?

CJG17

We did characterpalooza our last two trips (most recently in Jan). It's awesome. 6 characters in about 15 min. Kennythepirate site has the correct times and location (which in Jan was outside HS, just past the mickey readers).

nursepaula

We did characterpalooza our last two trips (most recently in Jan). It's awesome. 6 characters in about 15 min. Kennythepirate site has the correct times and location (which in Jan was outside HS, just past the mickey readers).

Sounds great, thank you! Since we are planning a late arrival day, do you know around what time it starts, or does it change every day? I'd be subscribing to KtP for just this, so I'd rather not spend the $$ if we're not going to be in the park or in an ADR at the time.

geek1997

The meet is usually later in the afternoon so you should be done with your lunch by then. You would want to check the schedule closer to your dates because it changes fairly often - I guess to keep attendance at a minimum. Kenny is the only person I know that posts times.

nursepaula

The meet is usually later in the afternoon so you should be done with your lunch by then. You would want to check the schedule closer to your dates because it changes fairly often - I guess to keep attendance at a minimum. Kenny is the only person I know that posts times.

That makes sense! Thanks so much!

Abbyar

Although Kenny does post times, he is not always 100% accurate. The last time we did characterpalooza (when it was still on Streets of America), Kenny's time (which is based on when F! is) was about 45 minutes before it actually occurred - dh got a CM to confess it was coming as the kids had enough of photos on SoA by 10 minutes before it occurred. Still worth it, but a little agonizing (and hot!) at the time.

End of story - don't count on it happening if you're only in HS one day.

CJG17

We have gone 3 times (over two trips in the past 2 years, most recently in Jan). Both times it was in the late afternoon (like around 4-5 pm) but times were slightly different each time. And Kenny only posted the times about a week in advance, so it was a good plan to re-check the time that day on his site, but all 3 times, his times were exactly right and we were the only people waiting. And the interactions were spectacular, maybe because there were so few people, so you had a good bit of time and attention from each character.