Hurricane!!

Rhody123

We are supposed to fly from Providence to WDW on Friday morning at 6:30am. We land about 9:15. It's our first trip to WDW in 5 years. We got delayed a day by a blizzard then. I need a magic 8 ball to tell me we will be able to make it. I know it looks like the path will brush Orlando. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? I'm wondering if they'll close the airport.
Of course I realize my worries are selfish and I pray that all in the path of the storm are okay.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Only time will tell. They hype these storms because it pushes traffic to their sites and television stations. But sooner or later they will be right. Fingers crossed.

Laurensara

We are supposed to fly out Thursday night for a Disney Dream cruise on Friday ...... I'm basically getting no work done this week due to stress and nerves about this trip!

Rhody123

We are supposed to fly out Thursday night for a Disney Dream cruise on Friday ...... I'm basically getting no work done this week due to stress and nerves about this trip!
Lauren I'm SO with you. I'll be heartbroken if we can't get there.

pixarprincess

Its got me worried too, we arrive a week from today for 3 days and then get on the Fantasy for a week cruise. I am hoping for the worst to have passed. But am trying to game plan for the weather being terrible just in case.

D

Deleted member 832

We are supposed to fly from Providence to WDW on Friday morning at 6:30am. We land about 9:15. It's our first trip to WDW in 5 years. We got delayed a day by a blizzard then. I need a magic 8 ball to tell me we will be able to make it. I know it looks like the path will brush Orlando. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? I'm wondering if they'll close the airport.
Of course I realize my worries are selfish and I pray that all in the path of the storm are okay.
We are scheduled to land 15 min after you are. I don't know what to do myself. Waiting on American to issue an alert so I can see what our options are. Delta and Jet Blue have issues theirs

beachta1

I'm with all of you... flying out Friday morning. I'm flying out of NY, DH out of Baltimore. Rental car is in my name so I booked him on MDE just in case one of us makes it much earlier or later than the other. We have party tickets for Friday night so i'm hoping we can at least make it for part of that. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping it blows east and doesn't hit the east coast at all. Also want everyone to be safe!!!

momof2boys

Hoping it blows out to sea so everyone can go and enjoy their well planned trips and those who would be in the projected path!

Rhody123

I'm now thinking of switching my flight to Thursday night. The brunt of it looks like it will be near Orlando Friday morning. DH has enough points that we can stay at a hotel nearby. I have a call into Southwest Airlines. to see what the price difference would be. It's so hard to decide what to do since the Thursday flight is at 5:45 pm and could be delayed since it's so late in the day. Ughhhh!

L

Linkura

Hoping for the best for everyone! Stay safe above all else!

Laurensara

I'm now thinking of switching my flight to Thursday night. The brunt of it looks like it will be near Orlando Friday morning. DH has enough points that we can stay at a hotel nearby. I have a call into Southwest Airlines. to see what the price difference would be. It's so hard to decide what to do since the Thursday flight is at 5:45 pm and could be delayed since it's so late in the day. Ughhhh!
I'm thinking of switching to Wednesday night or bright and early Thursday morning. Spirit, airline with the worst customer service, is actually allowing free changes for flights in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale on Thursday and Friday! I'll have to get a flight on a different airline from Pittsburgh, but I really want my kid-free vacation.

Rhody123

I just switched from Friday morning arrival to late Thursday night. Southwest offered switches free of charge. I'm praying we get in. I'm watching the Weather Channel and Thursday night looked like the lesser of those 2 evils and there were only 5 seats left and 4 of us traveling.

Rhody123

Does anyone know if I need to let Magical Express know we're not coming? We are now staying off property since we are coming a day early.

L

Linkura

Many airlines are now offering free changes, so be sure to check. I would change for sure if you're scheduled for Thurs or Fri.

I'd call Disney and let them know, especially if you want to use DME on the way back.

D

Deleted member 832

I think all airlines are allowing changes now. I'm positive about Delta, American, JetBlue and Southwest. I can't imagine United isn't. Spirit, Frontier and Aligient, who knows.

I got us out Thursday morning, instead of Friday. Tried for Wednesday night but lost one of the flights while talking to the agent. Called Disney and not a single room available anywhere on property for the night of the 6th either. We got a room at Swan. We'll move to Boardwalk the next day

Does anyone know if I need to let Magical Express know we're not coming? We are now staying off property since we are coming a day early.
Nah, you don't need to let them know. The arrival DME trip isn't a reservation in the true sense of the word, they don't hold a spot for you like they do for departure.

Rhody123

Southwest changed me for free. I could only get on the flight that gets in at 10 on Thursday night. It's a better chance than Friday morning but I'm not all that confident. I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow. We may get stuck in Baltimore. Not too magical.

According to a conversation I had with an absolutely lovely Magic Express agent a few weeks ago, they do track your flights thru your flight numbers and want to know any changes to your flight numbers so I would call them as a courtesy, if nothing else.

The toll free number the agent gave me for changes was: 1-866-599-0951

Rhody123

I just called ME. The woman said if we are coming in a night early and staying close, I can just keep the ME reservation and shuttle back from the off-site hotel. Of course I'll have to get my own luggage. This sounds great since my kids were looking forward to taking ME.

krisri18

Good luck on all your flights! We're flying down on Tuesday morning from Providence, hoping the weather has moved far out to sea by then.