I hate humanity LOL

RMmom

Kids gig was changed to auto plaza but not given a description on email so I asked on a FB group and the mean and unnecessary comments. “Why don’t you make your daughter ask?” “She will find out at traditions”. My kid did ask her contact but I thought that I belonged to a helpful nice group. People!! Still have no clue what auto plaza is/means. I should know better and only post here. Oh and I am at MK and miss Josh.

RetroCOTfan

Kids gig was changed to auto plaza but not given a description on email so I asked on a FB group and the mean and unnecessary comments. “Why don’t you make your daughter ask?” “She will find out at traditions”. My kid did ask her contact but I thought that I belonged to a helpful nice group. People!! Still have no clue what auto plaza is/means. I should know better and only post here. Oh and I am at MK and miss Josh.
Our daughter did DCP last fall. The DCP parents' groups on FB were some of the meanest, least helpful, and aggressively monitored groups I've ever been in.

Part of the "problem" was that the same type questions would be asked frequently. This annoyed parents who had been in the group for a long time. (Which, to me, was the actual problem - if your kid isn't currently in DCP, or about to be, or just left, WHY ARE YOU IN THAT GROUP?) So anytime a new parent would come into the DCP parents group and ask a "basic" question, they'd get flamed to "look at the group FAQs" and such. It was so insanely toxic, that people would post hyper-apologetic intros on any question they asked like, "So very very sorry if this has already been answered, and I searched everywhere and couldn't find it, but..."

RMmom

kiddo will be taking your money at HS in a booth for their gig. They will be trained for next 2 weeks and then solo after they pass their assessment. I actually think it is a good first in person job for a kid that can get overwhelmed in high stress and major crowds. we love the yellow costume. This momma will be driving and dropping...so each day I leave them and come back home, I will drive about 3.5 hours to/from back/forth. most of the training days I will just stay out there and putz around at DS and resorts...my only worry is parking at resorts w/o a reservation. I will keep everyone updated on my home near WDW thread.

Disneyfan

Oh, no! I agree with you and you have gotten me started.:p:ROFLMAO:

It can take only a few to make a bad experience for others. A cruising forum in which I belong has people that will be sure to point out that the OP should have bought travel insurance or booked with an agent. It is the tone that bothers me more than the suggestions of insurance or an agent. I am so tired of the condescending tone. They don't even answer the question being asked. They just post their usual judgements. If a question irritates long time members, just don't click on the question at all. Should they start reading a post that irritates them, back out and stop reading. Don't post if you have nothing nice to say. Using an agent is personal choice. I've booked both ways. Judging people because they make different decisions than you is something I don't appreciate. Insurance is something that people may or may not understand. After using your experience to answer the OP's question, you could state you opinions about insurance/agents in a kind way. "Using an agent/insurance has always helped us with bookings.. . ."
Sorry, rant over. . .

Disneyfan

BTW to the travel agents out there. . .
Thank you for your dedication. There are many great reasons to use an agent. :love:

RMmom

YES! YES! YES! they do not need to comment. if the post annoys them...if they have nothing to add to help me or the OP.... just scroll on by... I appreciate your post so much and totally agree with you!

bnoble

he's right
It can take only a few to make a bad experience for others.
I’ve become a big fan of tools to block/ignore annoying people on internet platforms. There is no reason to let such people sap my emotional energy.

I have about half of the “frequent fliers” blocked on one of the message boards I’m on. It makes some threads hard to follow but I’m usually better for it.

RMmom

I love a block. I just decided in this case to pull my ? down bc 2 people were genuine and helpful and about 10 were jerks....I don't know why I forgot that this would happen. I don't know why I thought the Internet forums...outside of EASYWDW....are all toxic...but I quickly remembered and deleted it asap.