If we miss a FP time...

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
because we get held up and arrive later than expected, that's tier 2 (Epcot), then use our other tier 2 and our tier 1, can we then get a tier 1 as a fourth FP (if available)?

For example:

Figment 11-12
Nemo 12-1
Test Track 1-2

We arrive at 12:30, so we missed the Figment FP window, after we use the T FP can we get Soarin/Frozen/TT?

D

Deleted member 832

As with most everything on MDE
Your experience may vary
Normally yes an unused FP will fall off as if used and let you book more
But
Some have had them stick, for lack of better words, and they were not able to book more without CM intervention

ptlohmysoul

On our most recent trip (December) at HS, this had changed. You must modify your Tier 2 FP+, then use it, before getting another Tier 1 FP+. This doesn't apply at MK since it doesn't have tiers. The Guest Experience CMs would not just cancel the FP+.

nolarookie

On our most recent trip (December) at HS, this had changed. You must modify your Tier 2 FP+, then use it, before getting another Tier 1 FP+. This doesn't apply at MK since it doesn't have tiers. The Guest Experience CMs would not just cancel the FP+.
Even after the time for using it expired?

kristenb

As with most everything on MDE
Your experience may vary
Normally yes an unused FP will fall off as if used and let you book more
But
Some have had them stick, for lack of better words, and they were not able to book more without CM intervention
This happened to us at E and DHS last year (2019). In both situations we tried to tap at SE and Muppets to resolve the issue ourselves, though tapping out was not the intended strategy when each day began. Both times we had to get in line at GR to get CM assistance. E took multiple taps back at SE and 10-15 minutes to drop off. DHS wasn’t able to be modified by CMs, they said. Very unhelpful. So while we ordered lunch I called our resort Conceirge to get clarification - and not have to wait an hour to book our next FP.

bnoble

he's right
There is only scant discussion of this over on DISboards. I would think we'd see a lot more over there if this was happening more than once in a while. I plan to keep an eye on it, but am not assuming throwaways won't work.

D

Deleted member 832

All this seems to be saying you can't book "throaway FPs" anymore, correct? That's definitely a change.
It’s totally hit and miss and always has been
So no change of any sort
Seems to be guest by guest
Some fine theirs never fall off others find theirs always do

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Here's the situation.

DD is going on her senior class trip in late March. They're going to Epcot on arrival day and will probably get to Epcot around 11-12. She asked me what would happen if they arrive later than expected and miss their first FP. Then she said "If we miss it and it just cancels, does that mean we can try to get a fourth FP, for TT or Soarin', sooner?" And that got me thinking it might be a good strategy, to "burn" an unwanted FP.

So the answer is, "maybe, maybe not?"

Micah008

Staff member
I plan to (purposefully) test this out on the first day of our trip (1/18), so we can know if this possible change will get in our way... we do have a few throwaways planned, mostly at HS, so I don't want any surprises.

I will try to remember to report back.

ptlohmysoul

It’s totally hit and miss and always has been
So no change of any sort
Seems to be guest by guest
Some fine theirs never fall off others find theirs always do
Before our trip, end of Dec 2019, ours would always drop off - no problems. This trip, not so. I only noticed this at HS this year, because, after the first time this happened, and after GET response to it, we became diligent to tap to use a FP if we needed a 2nd tier 1. In fact, on one ride (Star Tours) one person who went on the ride's fastpass didn't show it was used, so we went back an hour or 2 later and explained it to the CM at the ride, who told us we could just tap then and it removed the fastpass from that person's account.

nolarookie

I plan to (purposefully) test this out on the first day of our trip (1/18), so we can know if this possible change will get in our way... we do have a few throwaways planned, mostly at HS, so I don't want any surprises.

Please do, thanks. I’m hoping it was a glitch, but you never know.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame

DHS seems to be the right park to try this. Dump a tier 2 asap so you can try for another tier 1.

D

Deleted member 832

Before our trip, end of Dec 2019, ours would always drop off - no problems. This trip, not so. I only noticed this at HS this year, because, after the first time this happened, and after GET response to it, we became diligent to tap to use a FP if we needed a 2nd tier 1. In fact, on one ride (Star Tours) one person who went on the ride's fastpass didn't show it was used, so we went back an hour or 2 later and explained it to the CM at the ride, who told us we could just tap then and it removed the fastpass from that person's account.
We came home on Saturday from a 10 day trip and ours dropped off like they always do.
No glitch is ever 100% of the time for anyone it seems

Anne

Just to add another possibility - we've had unused but expired FP not fall off and it did not affect us in getting future Tier 1 - this was at DHS specifically in January 2019
This has always been our experience as well. The expired FP stay on MDE but they haven't prevented us from booking a new FP in tier 1. Once we book a new FP then the old expired one disappears.

However, if we go in and "modify" the expired tier 2, then it will only allow us to search for another tier 2. Or if we cancel the expired tier 2 then we can only look for a new tier 2. It's only when we leave the expired one alone and use "book new FP" that we can get a tier 1.

I wonder if the glitch is specific to your MDE account or if you used a different phone or browser or version of the app would that get around the problem?