If you could eat anywhere at WDW Thanksgiving Day what would you choose?

Anne

This is our first Thanksgiving at WDW. We are open to anything, it doesn't have to be traditional. Just looking for a really GOOD meal and a fun family experience. Kids are 7 and 8 but will eat anything and everything.

What are your favorites and suggestions?

nolarookie

We’ve gone to Boma for Thanksgiving twice. We enjoyed it much more the first time as we went earlier and the t was slightly less crowded.

ptlohmysoul

We enjoyed Biergarten last year. IIRC, They had the usual fare plus turkey. The Christmas Candlelight Processional Package was available that day for the first time (AFAIK).

Anne

Those all sound great! I had forgotten about CP starting at Thanksgiving. That would be a wonderful option, either on Thanksgiving or the next day of our trip!

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
We ate at Flying Fish last Thanksgiving. We opted for other than the turkey, but I saw the turkey platter. It was a huge portion. Everything. Turkey, masked potatoes, stuffing, vegetables. It looked great.

nolarookie

Those all sound great! I had forgotten about CP starting at Thanksgiving. That would be a wonderful option, either on Thanksgiving or the next day of our trip!
Although we didn’t do the dining package, we caught the first CP show the day after thanksgiving, and really enjoyed it. (Well, my husband and I enjoyed it, the boys probably would have preferred to go on rides).

capeokw56

Funny that you should ask this question as we have been talking about a family trip to WDW at Thanksgiving. The unanimous decision was to have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern for the traditional Thanksgiving fare.

Anne

We ate at Flying Fish last Thanksgiving. We opted for other than the turkey, but I saw the turkey platter. It was a huge portion. Everything. Turkey, masked potatoes, stuffing, vegetables. It looked great.
I do love flying fish! And we will be at Beach Club so that would make it convenient.

Anne

Although we didn’t do the dining package, we caught the first CP show the day after thanksgiving, and really enjoyed it. (Well, my husband and I enjoyed it, the boys probably would have preferred to go on rides).
We really love CP. 2 years ago when there over the holidays we went twice. I hadn't remembered it started in November. Last year we were there Jersey week so it wasn't an option.

Anne

Funny that you should ask this question as we have been talking about a family trip to WDW at Thanksgiving. The unanimous decision was to have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern for the traditional Thanksgiving fare.
I'm afraid they'll be packed for that very reason.

Anne

My husband brought up California Grill. Do they have any special menu items for Thanksgiving? Do they ever open for lunch on holidays or is it 5 pm at the earliest?

nolarookie

My husband brought up California Grill. Do they have any special menu items for Thanksgiving? Do they ever open for lunch on holidays or is it 5 pm at the earliest?
I’d bet they have a special menu. I always found it really hard to get information about thanksgiving menus in advance though.

We decided on Boma because they have traditional foods and a lot of unique choices.

Anne

My husband also said "what about hoop dee doo" It's kind of enticing. A very Americana experience. I'm guessing they won't suddenly substitute pumpkin pie for the strawberry shortcake (they'd have to change the strawberry shortcake song) but we don't have to do traditional.

awaggett

We ate at sushi bar at the Polynesian one year for Thanksgiving. You were able to order a traditional Thanksgiving meal (from Kona's), but we opted for sushi and lapu lapus--best decision!

QueenBee

I was going to mention Hoop de Doo. Definitely fun, something kind of out of the norm, and maybe do something else over at the Campground while you're there - carriage ride or something.