Thadine

loves surprises, but not very good at them
[DD2 woke up with an ear infection this morning...of to the dr.]

Hope she will feel better soon!

[Thadine - Great picture!]

Thanks Ro:RpS_smile:

joy4tigger

Certified Disney Addict. No Really, She Has The P
I was having Quisp and milk watching the Ranger game I recorded. Does anyone else remember Quisp, or am I just showing my age again? It was a cereal similar to Cap'n Crunch in suaucer shape with an alien with a helipcopter type blaade on top of his head as the character.
OMG! I remember that cereal! I just love that!

joy4tigger

Certified Disney Addict. No Really, She Has The P
Just got back from dropping DH off at the airport. He's on a business trip all week long and me thinks it's time to break out all the Disney DVDs and do a Disney DVD marathon fest all week long!:RpS_lol:

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
I had a bunch of responses but then accidentally navigated away. Hate it when that happens!

Anyway . . . great idea for a thread!

Just got back from a weekend skiing/tubing/waterparking(?). Got a ton of laundry to do and a load started, so I'm technically getting work done while I'm catching up on the forums.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I had a bunch of responses but then accidentally navigated away. Hate it when that happens!

Anyway . . . great idea for a thread!

Just got back from a weekend skiing/tubing/waterparking(?). Got a ton of laundry to do and a load started, so I'm technically getting work done while I'm catching up on the forums.
Multitasking......Nice!!! :RpS_thumbsup:

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Trying this again:

I actually referred to my daughter as DD5 in everyday conversation.
I got a few strange looks.
I've been calling my kids #1 and #2 (and then #3 and #4) for years. Long before I found forums. It doesn't win me mother of the year, but my kids find it less offensive than being called the wrong name. :RpS_scared:

I feel like it would have been smarter to pretend like I am a 42 year old mother of three or something.
It's not too late! I'll bet the 300 or so of us could play along. :RpS_wink:

I'm eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon.:RpS_laugh:
Jif Natural for me. Never had Nutella. Am I missing something?

I can't actually complain about my DH - he loves Disney almost as much as I do, and as long as we can swing it financially, he's pretty darn willing to go.
Same here, except he'd rather give himself a root canal than help me plan for it!

Multitasking......Nice!!! :RpS_thumbsup:
I'm not doing so well . . . my original load is sitting the wash, waiting to be switched and I'm still here "multi-tasking". :tsk: :doh:

Better go :washing:

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
It's Monday. I hate Mondays. Up at 5:15 and got DD off to school at 6. Now I am waiting for DS to get up and get him off to school. I think just about every muscle in my body is sore from doing yard work all weekend.

Ann

lisapennie

does judge
Jif Natural for me. Never had Nutella. Am I missing something?
Nutella is hazelnut and chocolate spread - so significantly different than regular peanut butter.

Same here, except he'd rather give himself a root canal than help me plan for it!
DH is not the planner that I am, but he's actually very good at helping me when I want his help. I actually prefer that; when we got married, he thought he should have equal input into the wedding, and that just drove me crazy. He didn't want to go look at invitations, but he wanted to be able to choose which one he liked. He's much better about Disney, as he lets me make all of the decisions I want to make and only really offers his opinion if I ask for it or if there's something he really wants to do.

vatmark

Ugh. DD15 sprained her ankle yesterday. She did it in gym class skipping.:RpS_blink: I swear I don't know how this girl manages to do these things. It was swollen yesterday and I wasn't sure if I would need to bring her to the drs. today. She woke today and said it felt a little better. She could walk on it a little better but she is still limping around on it. Problem today will be her gym teacher. He is going to give her a hard time telling her she is just trying to get out of gym. This teacher is a total male chauvinist. I won't even get into that. I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?" :RpS_glare:

Ann

4mickeyfreax

the bank says yes
I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?"
Ugh!! What a jerk! :twitch: Hope your DD :crutch:feels better soon:nod:

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I agree Edith...what a jerk! I'd tell my DD to respond with "Are you??" :RpS_razz:

blyday

Ugh. DD15 sprained her ankle yesterday. She did it in gym class skipping.:RpS_blink: I swear I don't know how this girl manages to do these things. It was swollen yesterday and I wasn't sure if I would need to bring her to the drs. today. She woke today and said it felt a little better. She could walk on it a little better but she is still limping around on it. Problem today will be her gym teacher. He is going to give her a hard time telling her she is just trying to get out of gym. This teacher is a total male chauvinist. I won't even get into that. I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?" :RpS_glare:

Ann
Grrr......he really is a jerk. I don't understand people like that. As far as her getting hurt......I was that kid and just so you know......since I turned 20, I've only been on crutches once, broken 2 toes and sprained a wrist when slipping on ice. Not bad for 19 years (when you consider that would have been a year when I was a kid!!!) So.....there is hope for her!!!

UmmGooD

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the fo
I'll be serious and be the devils advocate. I do think the guy is a jerk but the problem is there are parents that abuse it and write notes for their kids when there is really no issue the kid just doesn't want to do P.E. If there wasn't a problem with people abusing the situation I am sure it might have gone a different direction. I remember friends of mine in H.S. who would have their parents write them a note to get out of P.E. and these were kids who needed it (Believe me I did and I didn't like P.E. but would never ask my parents to get out of it because they would say no.)

I frankly don't even bother anymore. If my kid is sick or has an issue that will cause them to miss school for any reason or just a portion of the day I take them to the Dr. It helps with my daughter too who likes to use illnesses to get out of school.

vatmark

Grrr......he really is a jerk. I don't understand people like that. As far as her getting hurt......I was that kid and just so you know......since I turned 20, I've only been on crutches once, broken 2 toes and sprained a wrist when slipping on ice. Not bad for 19 years (when you consider that would have been a year when I was a kid!!!) So.....there is hope for her!!!
Well that's good to know.:RpS_tongue: Now lets' hope DS doesn't get anymore stitches. He's 12 and got his 1st set of stitches at 18 months old and then 3 times after that. 2 sets in the same place-right above his right eye, 1 set in the back of his head and then decided he would try some stitches in his knee. :RpS_rolleyes: What gets me is that he is not even some daredevil kinda kid. My sisters kids are the daredevils and neither has ever had stitches. Go figure.

My DD's ankle is doing better. She said gym went okay.

As far as the teacher being a jerk, it's not just the note stuff that earned him that title. He basically doesn't want to deal with the girls and won't let them do things the boys are doing like flag football or kickball. :RpS_mad: He tells the girls they are lazy. I can understand that kids will try to get out of gym but my daughter is always prepared and dressed out for gym and she tries her best. She may not be the most athletic but she tries. I would never let her get out of gym because she just didn't feel like taking it. But I do understand that there are parents that would.

Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.

Ann

Darcie

board on easywdw.com
Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.

Ann
That's awesome!! Wow! :RpS_thumbup:

blyday

Ann
Now there is something to brag about. That is totally awesome. Not only can she say that she was #1 but you can say that your daughter was #1!!!! We all know that parents play a big roll in kids doing such awesome things!!!!

Also.....glad to hear that her ankle is doing better. Your 12 year old sounds like my sister. She was always walking into things and needing stitches. Of course......her excuse is that she legally blind.....but still......