I'm just saying...

Thadine

loves surprises, but not very good at them
Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.
Way to go! Something to be really proud of!

And while in highschool I also had a gymteacher that was a jerk. If we would take too much time to change into our gymclothes he would just open the door of the changing room and walked inside barking that we had to get out. Very embarrassing if you were still half dressed :RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing:

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
FYI..we just submitted the contract and paid the deposit for our vow renewal at the end of September, so we're definitely on. Won't get much time to plan any details until after my oldest has her sweet 16 party in a few weeks, though.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.

Ann
Congrats!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Do they rank you all the way down to #644? Is some poor kid going to show #644 to his/her parents? Does the kid at #643 say, "Well mom, it could have been a lot worse."

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
FYI..we just submitted the contract and paid the deposit for our vow renewal at the end of September, so we're definitely on. Won't get much time to plan any details until after my oldest has her sweet 16 party in a few weeks, though.
Congrats!!! I'm sure that it will be a special time for you!!!

Do they rank you all the way down to #644? Is some poor kid going to show #644 to his/her parents? Does the kid at #643 say, "Well mom, it could have been a lot worse."
That would be so sad...wouldn't it?

lisapennie

does judge
That's actually why a lot of schools are going away from rankings - that and to be ranked #1 by senior year, many kids have to take insane schedules - all AP classes Junior and Senior year, no time for fun electives - and honestly, that's just not healthy. I'm all for getting a good education, but there has to be time for fun, too.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
I have no clue. This is all new to me as it is my 1st child in high school. I'm assuming there is a kid that does have #644 out of #644 listed. Truthfully I am pretty sure the kid that is at #644 probably doesn't really care that they are ranked #644. I also highly doubt the parents care either and probably never see the transcript. It's sad.

Ann

JW73

missing as of 06/03
DH actually let me talk to him about Disney for a full 20 minutes last night, LOL! He LOVES it when we're there, but seems to "forget" when we're home.

On another note, this dog needs a bath! Any volunteers? He's 130 pounds of goofball!

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
DH actually let me talk to him about Disney for a full 20 minutes last night, LOL! He LOVES it when we're there, but seems to "forget" when we're home.

On another note, this dog needs a bath! Any volunteers? He's 130 pounds of goofball!
Holy cow! What kind of dog is that? :shocked:

Ann

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” - Dr. Seuss

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Just finished watching Toy Story 3 again. I must have seen it 10 times by now. Why do I still cry every time.

Just finished watching Toy Story 3 again. I must have seen it 10 times by now. Why do I still cry every time.
I go full on "ugly cry" watching TS3. I know why it tears me up. It came out right after my oldest's first birthday. It was the movie he watched two or three times a day for YEARS. And now Andy's going off to college and my oldest is turning 17 this year and will be doing the same all too soon. Yup, that scene toward the end when his mom is standing in his room realizing that her boy is moving out KILLS ME!! It's got me all teary now actually. LOL

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” - Dr. Seuss
DD11's school just celebrated Dr. Seuss day or read across America as they actually call it. We just call it Dr Seuss day. Kids wore Dr. Seuss inspired shirts and read. Anybody else's school get into this?