I'm just saying...

AmeliaPond

My doctor said those tests don't REALLY tell you anything. Unless you decide to get an amnio...which I wouldn't do. He also said that a lot of abnormalities would should up on my 20 week anatomy scan if they existed (nothing did though.) And if we have a child with a disability...we will love him no matter what so I didn't see any reason to stress out about it for 9 months.

I think getting those tests might make sense if you're planning on having your baby in a tiny hospital that doesn't have a good NICU and all that. But mine does.

toodles

Jill, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in for what little it's worth. I had (and still do) horrible eating habits and passed the test no problem. I also gained 40 lbs (still trying to get that last 15 back off!). Don't remember how soon before test you had to drink the stuff but get it as cold as you can and it helps. Wishing you good luck!

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
Good luck. I never thought the orange soda stuff was that bad, really. It's better cold than warm though and best to just chug it. I had the extended test with my first but didn't end up with any issues with any of my pregnancies. It was a 12 hour fast for that one. (Although this was 9 years ago!)

Bottom's up! ;)

AmeliaPond

I've read that a lot of times, if you're going to get GD, you're going to get it...no matter what your habits. I know my friend who had it was super healthy. So who knows.

In about an hour, I'll drink the lovely beverage. It's been in the fridge since they gave it to me. So it's cold. I will drink it as quickly as I can.

I wonder if I have to wait a day for the results or if I get them right away.

Momofpirates

Ugh, sorry about the 3-hour test. I did fine with DS1 , but I failed the 1-hour with DS2 but two points (whatever they call it, mine was 2 too high). I did just fine with the 3-hour one, other than I got hungry by the time the last hour was up. Good luck to you!

AmeliaPond

Yeah, if I don't eat at least a little something every 1-2 hours, I get nauseated. So I'm going to be a dry heaving mess in the waiting area for three hours. Just lovely.

LizD

:( Such a bummer. :( I'll cross my fingers for you. Let us know how it goes.

AmeliaPond

Thanks! I'll let you know next week. I'll actually have my laptop with me to kill time. So I'm sure I'll be all over the board that day...haha.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I just found Gluten Free Goldfish!!!
You know you're not allowed to post something like this without more info.

ETA: I just saw it on Facebook. It really is the Peppridge Farms Goldfish. Unfortunately they're still cheesy but it's great that they're offering a gluten free option. I hope they're taking cross contamination seriously. I didn't look at anything besides the picture.

Last edited:

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Yuck Jill, I'm sorry you failed the first test. I've been dealing with nausea lately with a week-long migraine, can't imagine dealing with it for months on end!

Momofpirates

Happy 4th of July everyone! I don't usually post here, but I do read and wanted to share part of our 4th story.

Short version, because I tend to ramble.

If you manage to get two huge 4wd trucks stuck over the hill in your parents back yard (NOT mud running, mind you)
--cut down two trees, drive through the woods and tear up half your mother's yard to get one out and
--the other, bigger truck has to be pulled out by a tractor, leaving six-inch deep ruts in several places...
You might be a redneck.

DH got his truck stuck in the woods at the edge of the yard in red clay, took BIL's truck to get ours out and found out the hard way that BIL's 4wd isn't working. He was able to drive ours through the woods and back up the hill after cutting down two small trees, but BIL's truck was stuck on the hill wouldn't budge no matter what. Nobody was drinking, fwiw. Thank goodness for the friend with the tractor. Kids thought it was great!

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
LOL.....maybe not the most fun way to spend the 4th but definitely a memorable way to do it!!

LizD

Ha! I bet the kids loved it. My kids always love telling the stories of times we got lost or otherwise did something they wouldn't expect. I think they like to see that we're "human" too!

Wishes

I'm kicking myself for scheduling my appointment for 3:15pm. I should have made it in the morning.

I dread the flavor of the drink...because I hate orange flavored stuff. Ha! Lucky me. Some places have a fruit punch option but I didn't get a choice.
I feel your pain. I am so sorry. I have three beautiful boys and was a three time loser to gestational diabetes. The last one I needed to inject insulin.
It was temporary and my children were so worth it. I swear I dreamt of cranberry juice the entire time.
As for the test, when I had my youngest, I kept begging the dr. to just let me start the finger pricking and skip the tests, but-nope.

I always chose to go at 5:00am (the earliest appointment), drink it down and sleep in the recliner with my blanket. The techs always let me turn out the lights since I was usually the only one there. For the record, there is a lemon lime flavor, but it is not much better than the red dye #5 or orange. :RpS_razz:

Good luck to you!