I'm just saying...

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
Hey all. Checking in from the World. Did MK on the 1st and did our first Universal day today. Having a great time. IoA/Universal kicked arse. Pure distilled awesomeness. Disney needs to raise their thrill ride game. There are three rides in IoA alone that beat any ride at DW for pure thrills: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Dragons Revenge (or whatever), and Hulk (Awesome with a capital Awesome!).

I am starting to think I need to follow in the footsteps of the good Dr. Noble and travel the globe looking for the best roller coasters.
Glad you are having a great time! We will be spending one day at Universal in Sept! I can't wait!

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I've heard the same thing. And, no FP for Buzz?
Huh?!?!? Did I miss something?!? :noidea: When did they get rid of that?!?!? It was in refurb when we were there last November but I know that they had it for every other time we have been there!!! I hope this isn't true. That was the only ride that little kids could go on that had FP!!!!!!

ETA: I just went and checked DLR's site and sure enough.....no FP for Buzz....that is just WRONG!!! Oh well....glad I know it now and didn't discover it when we arrive there in August!!! This will most definitely change touring plans!!!!

Last edited:

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Yes, this exactly! My last ride on WDW's SM actually had me with tears in my eyes. I was in the last seat at the back and there was actually a moment when it felt like the car left the track. This was _not_ fun. It was actually really really scary. And I _love_ thrill rides.
Karen we had the same sensation on our last ride on SM!! I didn't say anything when we got off because I figured Clay would tell me I was crazy but he said it first! He didn't like that ride at all and said it was scary for him so I know it was bad!

Karen we had the same sensation on our last ride on SM!! I didn't say anything when we got off because I figured Clay would tell me I was crazy but he said it first! He didn't like that ride at all and said it was scary for him so I know it was bad!
Glad I'm not alone on that one!

Huh?!?!? Did I miss something?!? :noidea: When did they get rid of that?!?!?
I want to say that they took it from Buzz and gave it to Star Tours? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but heck if I can find it now!

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Brenda I hope your dad is OK!!!

I want to say that they took it from Buzz and gave it to Star Tours? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but heck if I can find it now!
You are talking about Disneyland losing Buzz FP, not WDW, right? :RpS_confused:

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
Just catching up but wanted to say Brenda, thinking of you and your family!

blyday

Brenda I hope your dad is OK!!!
He is.....me....well sometimes...not so much and other times.....I'm getting by okay. Read here for more: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?1032-My-Healing-Thread

Just catching up but wanted to say Brenda, thinking of you and your family!
Thanks for the thoughts.

Hmmm....that is interesting. Once upon a time, ST did have FP...they only discontinued that a couple of years ago.....you'd think that they would have just brought back the original ones instead of leaving Buzz high and dry!!!!!

bnoble

he's right
As an omnimover, Buzz can probably do fine without them. Remember that, typically, at least half of a ride's capacity is allocated to FP, so without it, the standby line will only be about half as long.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
We asked the CM at Pooh the ratio of FP to standby and he told us that they let one standby person into the line for every ten FP people. Guess that's why the standby waits creep up to 40 mins there. I really can't understand why people wait in a standby long line at an FP ride anyway. Even if they have no idea about FPs, you see people walking right on, ask why. Then they'll know to get their own (instead of giving me sad or dirty looks while I race ahead in my FP line).

blyday

You'd be surprised Janine how many people know about FP and how it works but still choose not to use it. And of course, there are those people who know about FP but not the part where it is free. They honestly believe that it is a service that Disney charges for. Every once in a while, "Walt Disney World" will post the question, "Do you use FPs" on FB and the answers floor me. I've read everything from, "If you didn't have FP it would be fair for everyone" to "FP make the lines too long for everyone else and should be done way with" to "It isn't fair that people who have more money then I do get to cut in line. I saved for years for this trip only to have rich people getting to go to the front of the line in front of me." to "Only those people who get there early can even get FPs. Disney shouldn't start passing them out until 11 AM or so to make it fair for everyone." to (my personal favorite) "I like standing in lines. It is part of the experience and I get to meet so many new people that way."

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Brenda, I just realized we're both going to DL in August. How long will you be there? Looks like I'll get there three days after you arrive.

blyday

Brenda, I just realized we're both going to DL in August. How long will you be there? Looks like I'll get there three days after you arrive.
That is seriously too awesome!!! We will be there the 6th-13th so if you are there 3 days after we arrive....that is the 9th....right??? That means I can actually meet you in person?!?!? This news would so make my day!!!!

That is seriously too awesome!!! We will be there the 6th-13th so if you are there 3 days after we arrive....that is the 9th....right??? That means I can actually meet you in person?!?!? This news would so make my day!!!!
With the two of you down there, I'm very tempted to drive down for a couple of days! :RpS_scared: